Ngata and Tamba Hali

Stl Bills

i'm a white kid living in the disgusting ghetto's of north philly, dont even begin to talk about not overcoming anything, you dont want this argument, you will lose. Thanks, try again with someone else who will let you speak your bull sh**. Sorry.

612832[/snapback]

The reason people are so hostile to your post is that licking yourself in public is rude and immature. Not to mention that there's nothing particularly exciting about North Philly. Depending on the area, it's at worst just another bad neighborhood, no different than you'd find in any decent-sized big city.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The reason people are so hostile to your post is that licking yourself in public is rude and immature. Not to mention that there's nothing particularly exciting about North Philly. Depending on the area, it's at worst just another bad neighborhood, no different than you'd find in any decent-sized big city.

613292[/snapback]

no worse than any other bad neighborhood? ha, tell that to me when you've been on north broad and susquehana. i'd like to see you live there man.

He was comparing them to one of those whiny movies on the Lifetime network where some woman marries some schlep who cheats on her with her sister.

Sorry, didn't think I flew off. Just being me and having a little fun tweaking mean people.

613237[/snapback]

i was comparing the post, not them, why dont you respond to my post. i'd like to hear your take.

didnt i already say im not a temple law student?

613335[/snapback]

But posting from the Temple comp/sci building. That normally takes a student account, or at least it used to.

Not that I care, really -- I just saw the opening to take yet another cheapshot at Temple, solely for the "benefit" of an alumnus who posts here.

Carry on...

I think the main point of the orignial post was to demonstrate how hard both of these guys have had it. It seems that a lot of Americans now just B word and whine about how hard things are. These two guys have just gone through two of the worst imaginable situations and have not only made it to college, but have also positioned themselves to provide a high quality of life for their families. Honestly, I wasn't completely sold on Ngata but after this article, I would love to seem him in a Bills uni. It would be much easier to root for a guy like this than the TOs of the world. Karma is a powerful thing. :D

no worse than any other bad neighborhood? ha, tell that to me when you've been on north broad and susquehana. i'd like to see you live there man.

613338[/snapback]

Broad and Susquehanna? Oooh...that's a scary place--the intersection of two major roads? Your credibilitiy is tumbling fast. Stop while you're behind. Oh. And I've been there. More times than I can count on foot and on my bike. God, the more I think of this, the sillier you sound! There's a Rite Aid on that corner, and a what, KFC(?), or other fast food restaurant there. Bwahahahahahaha!!! That sounds like Kabul, tough guy! When you see a McDonalds or CVS, do you reach for your gun, sensing the trouble that fast food and pharmacies bring? Do you run in fear from Checkers or White Castle? Does the site of Walgreens make you tremble?

And playing coy about your status as a student (or not) is just another excuse for you to shine a spotlight on yourself. You say "I'm in the Temple Law computer room," and people think you're a Temple Law student. People aren't stupid for assuming you might be a Temple Law student based on the fact of that one post.

People think about you less than you think they do--if you want to correct their assumption, do. If not, don't.

Broad and Susquehanna? Oooh...that's a scary place--the intersection of two major roads? Your credibilitiy is tumbling fast. Stop while you're behind. Oh. And I've been there. More times than I can count on foot and on my bike. God, the more I think of this, the sillier you sound! There's a Rite Aid on that corner, and a what, KFC(?), or other fast food restaurant there. Bwahahahahahaha!!! That sounds like Kabul, tough guy! When you see a McDonalds or CVS, do you reach for your gun, sensing the trouble that fast food and pharmacies bring? Do you run in fear from Checkers or White Castle? Does the site of Walgreens make you tremble?

And playing coy about your status as a student (or not) is just another excuse for you to  shine a spotlight on yourself. You say "I'm in the Temple Law computer room," and people think you're a Temple Law student. People aren't stupid for assuming you might be a Temple Law student based on the fact of that one post.

People think about you less than you think they do--if you want to correct their assumption, do. If not, don't.

613490[/snapback]

Oh - Since you have been to this area all of a sudden you are right and he is wrong. I don't think so! Because there are places that sell things to people it means the area is safe?

I too have been down to that area many days and when you ride your bike or go on foot down there in the dark instead of the day time maybe you would not be so quick to tell others what they feel or don't feel. When you get held up with a gun to your head after dark maybe that - oh so safe feelling about seeing a Checkers or a White Castle will leave you real fast.

You have assume alot and you must know what that means. It means you are not reading and understanding what you are reading. You just assume are!

Oh - Since you have been to this area all of a sudden you are right and he is wrong.  I don't think so! Because there are places that sell things to people it means the area is safe?

I too have been down to that area many days and when you ride your bike or go on foot down there in the dark instead of the day time maybe you would not be so quick to tell others what they feel or don't feel.  When you get held up with a gun to your head after dark maybe that - oh so safe feelling about seeing a Checkers or a White Castle will leave you real fast.

You have assume alot and you must know what that means.  It means you are not reading and understanding what you are reading. You just assume are!

613602[/snapback]

Another funny guy! I've been there at night and during the day. When I ride my bike, I don't use Broad Street--I go down the parallel streets (12th-13th usually) because there are SO MANY PEOPLE AND CARS on the ever-dangerous Broad Street.

Another funny guy! I've been there at night and during the day. When I ride my bike, I don't use Broad Street--I go down the parallel streets (12th-13th usually) because there are SO MANY PEOPLE AND CARS on the ever-dangerous Broad Street.

613644[/snapback]

i really dont see where any of this is going. i dont care what you think about the area that "I" live in. i just dont know what you are trying to prove wrong, or what you're getting at. i dont have to tell you the conditions of the place where i reside, it doesnt matter, because you dont reside there with me, therefore your opinion means nothing. if you could tell me what you are trying to argue, then maybe we have something, or i can at least respond.

613644[/snapback]

So I guess your point is that it is safe and there are no problems right! ( Funny Guy) Lets see what the Cops say about that area or is that another group of people who you feel are wrong also? (Funny Guy)

I'll tell my Friends in the Dept. what your thinking is of that area of the City. And also how many funny guys are riding Bikes after dark. I believe that they will tell me that anybody on a bike after dark in an area like that just might be doing things that they should not be doing- or are you just strolling the area and looking at the sites? Funny guy!

So I guess your point is that it is safe and there are no problems right! ( Funny Guy) Lets see what the Cops say about that area or is that another group of people who you feel are wrong also? (Funny Guy)

I'll tell my Friends in the Dept. what your thinking is of that area of the City.  And also how many funny guys are riding Bikes after dark.  I believe that they will tell me that anybody on a bike after dark in an area like that just might be doing things that they should not be doing- or are you just strolling the area and looking at the sites? Funny guy!

613691[/snapback]

:D:D:P

As a kid, I overcame chicken pox and spanking. One Christmas I wanted a bicycle, and I didn't get it. I overcame an environment filled with Irish people, and cousins were dying all the time. People looked at us funny because nobody in my family could sing well in church, and because my mom was a LPN, and dad only bought used cars.

Once you live through the crucible, you're as hard as flint.

ans4e6e's response to a statement by StlBills was:

"i think i saw this special on lifetime."

Innocuous. A mere acknowledgement. A pleasantry.

I'd like to know why a poster briefly mentioning something he saw on a television channel we all get, deserves an onslaught of acidic response... :lol: