For The Super-Hero Movie Lovers Out There

http://www.superherohype.com/images/spidey3.jpg

Now I'll admit, I do kind of keep up with all of the movie news because I'm a crazy person...but I got excited when I saw this poster since I've thought the Spider-Man movies have been damn impressive.

Plus, anyone who was a fan of the comics can tell you who the villian is just by checking out the picture (if you're not a fan, it'll probably come off as pretty boring :devil: ). I heard they're going with two villians this time, with the other being the Sandman. One old villian. One new.

Holy friggin crap! You aren't one of the people that took part in this Thread are you?

I thought we were bad around here. Those people have lost their minds.

I'm not a big comic fan, but I liked the first 2 movies okay. But how does that picture tell you who the villain is? It's just spidey.

How can you go wrong with Topher Grace and Thomas Hayden Church playing the bad guys?? Talk about an overload of charisma! I wish the damn thing was coming out this year....

Holy friggin crap!  You aren't one of the people that took part in this Thread are you?

I thought we were bad around here.  Those people have lost their minds.

I'm not a big comic fan, but I liked the first 2 movies okay.  But how does that picture tell you who the villain is?  It's just spidey.

610183[/snapback]

the suit is black. represents one of the best parts of the spiderman series as in the comics, he wore the black suit which created venom.

it would really be sick if venom is in this movie.

the suit is black.  represents one of the best parts of the spiderman series as in the comics, he wore the black suit which created venom. 

it would really be sick if venom is in this movie.

610266[/snapback]

Yeah, I thought that happened a long time later. Eh...guess I don't know. I started reading comics when I was a kid, but it only held my interest for a couple months. I'm sure I don't remember things correctly.

I want to say I remember somebody stole the suit and it drove him mad....something like that?

Yeah, I thought that happened a long time later.  Eh...guess I don't know.  I started reading comics when I was a kid, but it only held my interest for a couple months.  I'm sure I don't remember things correctly.

I want to say I remember somebody stole the suit and it drove him mad....something like that?

610267[/snapback]

no

he found the suit somewhere, he put it on and it was controlling him. the only way it could have been separated from him was from loud vibrations. something like that, then the guy who becomes venom found it.

venom was what made spiderman a great story.

If that's the venom suit, I wonder how they are going to explain that Spidey was transported to another planet with all the other world's superheros where they battled the world's supervillians and an omnipotent being?

Or will they make something up, like getting it from a meteor or something?

/I think I still have the Secret Wars series up in the attic somewhere...

I have the original poster for the first Spiderman movie before they were re-done. That baby is in mint condition and framed. In the original poster, the Twin Towers were reflected in Spiderman's eye. The first ones were released in the summer of 2001 even though the movie would not be out until 2002. Distribution of these posters stopped after 9/11 and were replaced with ones in which the towers were removed.

The Venom character is indeed one of the best characters ever created. They always did a good job in the comic books of showing how Venom was the darker side of human nature while Spider-Man was his opposite.

As for this movie, my best guess is that they'll explain Venom two ways. Either they'll say the living suit hitched a ride with Jameson's son the astronaut (who was introduced in the 2nd one) from the moon...and then BAM...its on Earth, you can write out the rest how it attaches itself to Spidey, then to Eddie Brock (Venom). Or, you could just have it be created in a lab as a weapon of some kind.

Should be interesting to see what they do with it...still, I'm happy the V-Man is in this. As part of the younger generation, he was always my favorite when I grew up reading the spidey comics.

According to this, Grace will play Venom and Church Sandman.

610299[/snapback]

I'm a huge Willem Dafoe fan, but the Green Goblin thing just seemed like some power rangers villain reject that my stepsons used to watch on tv. I really enjoyed the second one cause it wasn't really about the villain....it was about Peter's inner struggle. I thought it was a pretty fascinating film. The third one will hopefully bring equal weight to the villains....I'm convinced there is nothing Topher Grace can't do, and even though I'm late to the party, ever since I saw Sideways I've been a huge fan of THC. I think the bad guys have the chance to really steal the show in this one.

and even though I'm late to the party, ever since I saw Sideways I've been a huge fan of THC. I think the bad guys have the chance to really steal the show in this one.

610430[/snapback]

Thomas Hayden Church did his best work as Lowell Mather on "Wings." Man I miss that show.

"Excuse me um almost sounded like you said there'd be no big sandwich. "

Thomas Hayden Church did his best work as Lowell Mather on "Wings." Man I miss that show.

"Excuse me um almost sounded like you said there'd be no big sandwich. "

610440[/snapback]

People loved that show, but for some reason I never saw a single episode. I really had no idea about the guy, but I loved his character in Sideways. I was reading an article where he had basically decided to retire from being an actor, and then the director of Sideways called him up and asked him to do the film. I know it's retrospect, but I can't imagine ANYONE in that role other than THC. What a great film.....

People loved that show, but for some reason I never saw a single episode. I really had no idea about the guy, but I loved his character in Sideways. I was reading an article where he had basically decided to retire from being an actor, and then the director of Sideways called him up and asked him to do the film. I know it's retrospect, but I can't imagine ANYONE in that role other than THC. What a great film.....

610449[/snapback]

Wings is coming to DVD sometime in May. I'm not a huge fan of regular television, but started watching Wings reruns on USA during college and was hooked. Every character is funny in their own right, but Lowell (Church) and Antonio (Tony Shaloub) make the series.

Wings is coming to DVD sometime in May. I'm not a huge fan of regular television, but started watching Wings reruns on USA during college and was hooked. Every character is funny in their own right, but Lowell (Church) and Antonio (Tony Shaloub) make the series.

610459[/snapback]

Tony Shaloub is awesome...I didn't know he was on there. I don't know the name of that blonde girl that was a main character, but I always thought she was smokin hot!

Tony Shaloub is awesome...I didn't know he was on there. I don't know the name of that blonde girl that was a main character, but I always thought she was smokin hot!

610509[/snapback]

No no no... the res head.... Amy Yasbeck I think... she had it all.

No no no... the res head.... Amy Yasbeck I think... she had it all.

610513[/snapback]

Amy Yasbeck? Wife of the late John Ritter? Oh yeah, if she was in that I'd go for her too.....she's amazing!

Damn... Ritter was hitting that? Bastard.

610519[/snapback]

I was surprised too....but that soon gave way to envy :lol: I really wish that guy was still around....I grew up watching him and the girls onThree's Company. I still consider his condom scene in "Skin Deep" the single funniest thing I've ever seen in film. I laughed so fuggin hard when I saw that for the first time......if any of you guys haven't seen it, RENT it.....it is truly classic!

I'll reserve judgement until I see the third movie. The first one was pretty good, but the second was a joke.

I was NOT at all impressed with SM2. In fact, I found it quite cheezy and lame. I know it's supposed to be to an extent, but the dialog in that movie could have been written by a highschooler.

I loved the comics when I was a kid. In fact, check out JETIX at 7:30 weekdays for the 1990's cartoons...