Will we need a WR if Moulds departs?

jahnyc

If Moulds is waived (and I hope he is not), then do the Bills need to pick up a WR in free agency or via the draft? It seems unbelievable to me, but Reed is a free agent and Aiken does not seem to be of starting caliber. That leaves Lee Evans and Parrish. I don't think Parrish is more than a number three WR, so does this mean we need to find a starting WR this year? We are in this situation notwithstanding that the Bills used a first round pick, two second round picks and a fourth round pick on WRs in the last four years.

i think we would have to go through free agency, i cant see us drafting a WR and expecting him to be great coming out, we need a veteran with evans and parrish.

607554[/snapback]

Reed's being turned out, right? So, it's all on "Little Teapot" Parrish and "Slightly Bigger Little Teapot" Evans. Oh, and "Breakin' and" Aiken.

We're doomed. :lol:

Nah.

They'll just set a cardboard cutout up on the field and throw at it.

607541[/snapback]

And I thought that was Josh Reed. :lol: But seriously, I like your idea. But instead of a cardboard cutout, I thought maybe we could use one of the NFL issue "Fatheads".........."didju call me a fathead?"..........I love Chad Johnson in those commercials.

I think we look to FA for a possession WR whom we see as a credible #2 and compliment to Evans downfield speed threat.

its unclear to me how much the market will provide Joe Jurivicius since though he is well into the backside of his career he did well with the SB appearing Seahawks last year, but he would seem to be the model for what we are after as we seek a Wayne Chrebet like talent.

Moulds can more than play the role of this go-to possession receiver who is an Andre Reed like TD/RAC threat as well, but the cap cost appears to simply be too high to keep him.

However, if the Bills get a even a sometimes possession go-to threat at #2 WR, this not only helps our third down conversion #s in and of itself, but compliments Evans talents well as opponents would want to but can't dt both at crunch time.

Add Parrish's speed threat as a #3 WR and in 3 WR sets we create a world of problems for opponents.

If this comes about, it sctually would make the ability of former RB cosch to raise some pass-catching ability out of WM as a key to our O being a juggernaut next year.

The short answer to your question is YES!

I think we look to FA for a possession WR whom we see as a credible #2 and compliment to Evans downfield speed threat.

I know its blasphemy to suggest that Evans is not a #1 WR around these parts, but did anyone else see the game when Eric Moulds was suspended?

Hey, I like Evans just fine. But this guy is not a TO, Chad Johnson, Larry Fitz G,... no, not even as intimidating as an old and slowing Eric Moulds.

A tandem of Roscoe "Baby Shrimp" Parrish and Lee "Jumbo Shrimp" Evans has lots of speed, sure. But we don't have a line and are unlikely to have a solid line for a while longer. Fast shrimps that can run past people and get 30 yards down field are great in the right offense. (Can you spell "S T E E L E R S"?)

Barring an absolute miracle, we're going to need someone with the size and physicality to create space with his body and play the short game. Evans and Parrish aren't that.

its unclear to me how much the market will provide Joe Jurivicius since though he is well into the backside of his career he did well with the SB appearing Seahawks last year, but he would seem to be the model for what we are after as we seek a Wayne Chrebet like talent.

Moulds can more than play the role of this go-to possession receiver who is an Andre Reed like TD/RAC threat as well, but the cap cost appears to simply be too high to keep him.

However, if the Bills get a even a sometimes possession go-to threat at #2 WR, this not only helps our third down conversion #s in and of itself, but compliments Evans talents well as opponents would want to but can't dt both at crunch time.

Add Parrish's speed threat as a #3 WR and in 3 WR sets we create a world of problems for opponents.

If this comes about, it sctually would make the ability of former RB cosch to raise some pass-catching ability out of WM as a key to our O being a juggernaut next year.

The short answer to your question is YES!

607721[/snapback]

maybe we could actually throw to the TE once in a while

If Moulds is waived (and I hope he is not), then do the Bills need to pick up a WR in free agency or via the draft?  It seems unbelievable to me, but Reed is a free agent and Aiken does not seem to be of starting caliber.  That leaves Lee Evans and Parrish.  I don't think Parrish is more than a number three WR, so does this mean we need to find a starting WR this year?  We are in this situation notwithstanding that the Bills used a first round pick, two second round picks and a fourth round pick on WRs in the last four years.

607534[/snapback]

At specific times the wide receivers that TD took in the draft were highly regarded in college. Some of those picks weren't needs for our team and eventually it cost the Bills. I think Marv will do what he can to keep Moulds in Buffalo.

For our WRs to make any kind of impact, whatever name they have tagged in the back of their jerseys, we need smart and ,if possible, talented players up front (you know the fat bastards that make things happen) and a system that doesn´t cry stupidity in every QB dropback.

If Moulds leaves we need TO! No WR is anywhere near his ability in free agency. How did Reggie Wayne do when he was keyed on by the defense and double teamed? Not good is the answer. And he had PM throwing him the ball.

If Moulds leaves we need TO!  No WR is anywhere near his ability in free agency.  How did Reggie Wayne do when he was keyed on by the defense and double teamed?  Not good is the answer.  And he had PM throwing him the ball.

607855[/snapback]

Harried qb's with mediocre accomplishments saddled by goofy game planning aren't likely to benefit from whatever TO could bring to the party.