BEST RAP ARTIST OF ALL TIME

bbh10128

..... BUT IS THE GREATEST RAP ARTIST EVER?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. ..... BUT IS THE GREATEST RAP ARTIST EVER?

• JAY Z
    • BIGGIE
    • DR. DRE
    • LI'L KIM
    • FOXIE BROWN
    • NAS
    • SNOOP DOGGIE DOG
    • DMX
    • EMINEM
    • NELLY
    • TUPAC
    • 50 CENT
    • EZ E
    • OTHER (SPECIFY)

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

how you could have a list like this and not include Old Dirty Bastard or any other member of the wu tang shows me you know sh-- all about rap

that is all

606760[/snapback]

ODB is a joke. I don't even think he takes himself seriously. If it's anyone from WU it's gotta be Method Man. I like everyone on the list. It was close between Snoop and Biggie. 50 cent seems like a thugged out version of Brittany Spears. Too much vanity, not enough flow.

I think a little homage to NWA(I know ez & dre are there) but Ice Cube was the second best in the Quartet. MC Ren was better than Cube, EZ and Dre.

Speaking of Dre, he is a great producer and beat creator, not so good with the flow.

Lil Kim? Lol....where are Chuck D? LL? Run DMC? Sugarhouse Gang? NWA? 2 Live Crew? Ice T? Ice Cube?  you are showing your age CAP BOY

606768[/snapback]

CHUCK D AND LL ARE GOOD WRITE-IN CANDIDATES, NOTHING TO STOP SOMEONE FROM PUTTING THEM IN THE OTHER (SPECIFY) VOTE AND THEN WRITE NAME IN POST. IRON MAIDEN SINGER GOT THE BRONZE IN METAL SINGER POLL THAT WAY. AS FOR THE OTHERS, THEY ARE BANDS NOT INDIVIDUALS -- THIS POLL APPLIES TO GREATEST RAP ARTIST (SINGULAR) ONLY.

To me the quinticental list goes something like this:

Jay-Z

NAS

Snoop

LL Cool J

Ice Cube

Ice-T

Biggie

Tupac

Chuck D

Kurtis Blow

Slick Rick

Ludacris

Eminem

Doug E Fresh

I know I'm forgetting a lot of Old School Stuff...

ODB is a joke.  I don't even think he takes himself seriously.  If it's anyone from WU it's gotta be Method Man.  I like everyone on the list.  It was close between Snoop and Biggie.  50 cent seems like a thugged out version of Brittany Spears.  Too much vanity, not enough flow.

606762[/snapback]

ODB rocks, his album (don't remember the name) seriously is amazing. Meth is ok but the RZA is better than him.

I agree about his flow, I just liked the way his recorded voice sounded. It was smooth like Snoop (another I like)

606772[/snapback]

I think their are 3 or 4 ground breaking song throughout rap's history and "G thang" has to be # 1 or 2. Snoop's mellow rhymes really opened up a whole new genre or rap. He wasn't just spitting on the mike, it was melodic and rhythmic.

ODB rocks, his album (don't remember the name) seriously is amazing.  Meth is ok but the RZA is better than him.

606780[/snapback]

Hey I like OBD, he's just a freak. RZA might be the best of the WU clan, but it wasn't ODB.