Bills draft scenario: Round 2, If Bills take Ngata

Mark Vader

Something I want to get everyone's opinion on about the Bills draft.

If the Bills do draft Haloti Ngata in the first round, and then the Bills are up again in the 2nd round.

There will be some good O-Lineman available: Colledge, O'Callaghan, Jean-Gilles, Lutui, any one of these guys. The Bills could use some youth on the O-Line, so it would make a lot of sense to take one of these guys if they are still there.

However, what if for some reason Gabe Watson is still out there? Even though the Bills have already taken Ngata, would it not be a very wise decision to consider taking Watson here?

Imagine both Ngata & Watson on the same team. Sam Adams is'nt getting any younger. Ron Edwards & Justin Bannan are mainly back ups. Tim Anderson is still progressing.

If this scenario works out this way, I would hope the Bills take Watson.

What say you?

Something I want to get everyone's opinion on about the Bills draft.

If the Bills do draft Haloti Ngata in the first round, and then the Bills are up again in the 2nd round.

There will be some good O-Lineman available: Colledge, O'Callaghan, Jean-Gilles, Lutui, any one of these guys. The Bills could use some youth on the O-Line, so it would make a lot of sense to take one of these guys if they are still there.

However, what if for some reason Gabe Watson is still out there? Even though the Bills have already taken Ngata, would it not be a very wise decision to consider taking Watson here?

Imagine both Ngata & Watson on the same team. Sam Adams is'nt getting any younger. Ron Edwards & Justin Bannan are mainly back ups. Tim Anderson is still progressing.

If this scenario works out this way, I would hope the Bills take Watson.

What say you?

605404[/snapback]

If gabe watson is there even if we take ngata in the 1st yeah I'd like to get watson as well. It would pretty much on paper set us at dt. we could use our 2 3rd round picks on linemen such as jeremey trueblood, jason spitz, kevin boothe. There will still be quality olinemen avaibale. The chance to grab 2 potential great dt's is something you dont take lightly.

Guest BackInDaDay

We have to get more LB depth. Who do you think will be the fastest, toughest LB available when we pick again? I'm all for drafting nothing but defensive players this year, and one very good prospect at DT, followed by another very good prospect at LB, can be followed with the best D prospects available each turn we get.

We have to get more LB depth.  Who do you think will be the fastest, toughest LB available when we pick again?  I'm all for drafting nothing but defensive players this year, and one very good prospect at DT, followed by another very good prospect at LB, can be followed with the best D prospects available each turn we get.

605409[/snapback]

Kevin Simon 5'11 234 Tennesse. Seems to be a prototypical type mlb for a cover 2 defense. Flies around the field. Good in coverage. Has durability issues. Missed 3 seasons to knee injuries and an ankle surgery. Could turn out to be a boom or bust type. Probably would have to be cleared by a teams medical staff. Extremely talented though.

Gerris Wilkinson Georgia Tech is a bit taller at 6'4 235 and a tremendous run stopping lb. Great tackler. Good speed, but not good in coverage.

Abdul Hodge Iowa 6'2 234 might make it to the early 3rd. Tremendous hitter, good tackler, just ok in coverage. Seems to always be around the ball

Olb

Ernie Sims FSU 6' 200lbs. Small I know but pretty damn fast. Sideline to sideline backer, and good strength for his size. Could excell in the right system

Thomas Howard UTEP. 6'3 240. Excellent blitzer, great in coverage. Amazing speed. Not the greatest tackler. Still developing as he came to UTEP as a walkon safety.

some other names. Terna Nande Miami of OH. 6'1 230, Roger Mcintosh 6'3 237 Miami Fl

We have to get more LB depth.  Who do you think will be the fastest, toughest LB available when we pick again?  I'm all for drafting nothing but defensive players this year, and one very good prospect at DT, followed by another very good prospect at LB, can be followed with the best D prospects available each turn we get.

605409[/snapback]

uh? are you serious? We have all these needs and you want a LB? draft all defense? theres this little problem we have called the OFFENSIVE LINE!!!, oh yeah and we dont have a TE and possibly a WR if moulds leaves

Honestly, if Jean-Giles were available, the Bills would HAVE to pounce on him. Getting the #1 rated DT AND the #1 rated Guard in the same draft? Thats a dream right there.

However, I think he'll be gone by the late first round, which is why I'd like to see the Bills go after O'Callaghan. Kid played OT in college but has the size and ability to excel at Guard if needed. That versatility and natural talent would make him an ideal second rounder.

If Buffalo drafted Ngata in round one, I think the guy I'd be tempted to pair with him is Dusty Dvoracek out of Oklahoma (State?), an entirely different kind of DT. Dvoracek is more in the Tommy Harris mold versus the Ted Washington mold. Dvoracek can probably be had in round 3.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Guest
If Buffalo drafted Ngata in round one, I think the guy I'd be tempted to pair with him is Dusty Dvoracek out of Oklahoma (State?), an entirely different kind of DT.  Dvoracek is more in the Tommy Harris mold versus the Ted Washington mold.  Dvoracek can probably be had in round 3.

605540[/snapback]

Good call on Dvoracek....I usually do not follow draft stuff but after being glued to the TV over the last few days a few players jumped out and he was one. Admittedly, though, I guess some could really be workout warriors and fail in the NFL.

Seemingly this draft is deep on 'good' OL and we should pounce on a few in the mid to late rounds (the OL from LSU [Whitworth?]would be a smart pick for us if he would be available).

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.