Van Halen Next "Rock Star" Reality Band?

Rico

:(

You don't find it kinda catchy?  0:)  You know what song that guy covered that was kick ass? I was FLOORED by his rendition of "Wish You Were Here" by Pink Floyd.....he friggin KILLED that song. I really enjoyed when Jordis sang "Imagine", too. I just hope if they do this all over again that they find some good talent just like the last show. There were some rockin' performances.

602833[/snapback]

I do find it catchy, that's the problem. It's a pop song, and it sucks. Just sugar.

"Wish You Were Here" was pretty awesome. I really liked Jordis, but I thought it was pretty obvious that INXS wanted a male lead singer. It was also pretty obvious from the third show that JD was going to win - the band was in love with him for some reason.

I also hope that they get the great talent like last season. I also hope that they keep the standards up, showing us the great rockers. I don't want to see all of the failed auditions from wannabes. That's lame.

CW

I do find it catchy, that's the problem.  It's a pop song, and it sucks.  Just sugar.

"Wish You Were Here" was pretty awesome.  I really liked Jordis, but I thought it was pretty obvious that INXS wanted a male lead singer.  It was also pretty obvious from the third show that JD was going to win - the band was in love with him for some reason.

I also hope that they get the great talent like last season.  I also hope that they keep the standards up, showing us the great rockers.  I don't want to see all of the failed auditions from wannabes.  That's lame.

CW

602839[/snapback]

Yeah, I'm actually with ya on the lame auditions thing....this was the first season where I really got tired of it. In all fairness though, from I heard AI was limiting the exposure of most of their "talent" in the early shows to prevent some aspects of the Mario situation from last year. It's not really the same thing, but they didn't want people approaching any of the people they felt could really go a long way in the competition. So yeah, five damn shows of bogus auditions was way, way too much. Thank God that's over with. As for Marty, I'm both blessed and cursed with an ecclectic taste in music. I just can't help but like pop stuff just as much as I like stuff like this new guy I've been talking about - Amos Lee. He's very much the antithesis of pop. With regard to JD, I think I picked up the show in like the 6th week or so, but I honestly felt they were going to choose Marty. But JD does sort of give them an 'in' to a younger crowd, which is good business - assuming they put out good stuff. I haven't heard the album yet, but I've read mixed reviews.

That show must ROCK in your HT....did you have most of it up when the show was on, or did you get your stuff afterward?

That show must ROCK in your HT....did you have most of it up when the show was on, or did you get your stuff afterward?

602850[/snapback]

All afterwards... I'm not sure if the show was in HD or not either. If not, it would be crappy.

CW

All afterwards...  I'm not sure if the show was in HD or not either.  If not, it would be crappy.

CW

602857[/snapback]

Well you're ready for the next time it comes around:) Hopefully it'll give me enough time to be, too :(

I actually went to a taping of Rock Star over Labor Day weekend. It was the performance episode and they were down to the last 5 contestants. Each one had to do a cover song and an original. I only went because this girl I was seeing at the time was all into the show.

I actually went to a taping of Rock Star over Labor Day weekend. It was the performance episode and they were down to the last 5 contestants. Each one had to do a cover song and an original. I only went because this girl I was seeing at the time was all into the show.

603065[/snapback]

The things we do for women. Yikes!

I went to the Emmy Awards once because a woman wanted me to take her. :(

The things we do for women.  Yikes! 

I went to the Emmy Awards once because a woman wanted me to take her.  :(

603067[/snapback]

I wouldn't mind doing either one of those things. It'd be an interesting experience. Not something I'd seek out myself, but if someone else wanted to go, why not?

CW

The things we do for women.  Yikes! 

I went to the Emmy Awards once because a woman wanted me to take her.  :(

603067[/snapback]

Did she win? I'm guessing not because I would have remembered someone thanking "The Dean of all things fun..." 0:)

I wouldn't mind doing either one of those things.  It'd be an interesting experience.  Not something I'd seek out myself, but if someone else wanted to go, why not?

CW

603068[/snapback]

It really wasn't tht fun...but we had fun doing it. I have NO interest in celebrities and detest fawning over stars. But, it was really no biggie, I guess. Nice limo...all that.

Did she win? I'm guessing not because I would have remembered someone thanking "The Dean of all things fun..."  :lol:

603075[/snapback]

:(0:)

No, she was in the "business" like me, but not up for an award or anything. Just a star gazer. She had good contacts, though. We were invited to all the big parties. We only went to a couple, though.

It really wasn't tht fun...but we had fun doing it.  I have NO interest in celebrities and detest fawning over stars.  But, it was really no biggie, I guess.  Nice limo...all that.

603079[/snapback]

I wouldn't mind going either, but I'm with you on the celebrity worship.....that stuff drives me nuts. Even worse is the papparazzi.....now THERE'S a job you can be proud of, huh? Losers.....

Roth is too busy sounding overmatched on the radio.

603579[/snapback]

It's one thing to replace your dead lead singer (how he died deserves its own thread 0:) ). It's another thing to find a lead singer for your band when the guy that defined your sound is still out there. I couldn't stand Van Hagar or anyone else singing in that band.

Another article on this...

At Least The Poll Is Right

I think the poll on this one says it all. Why even bother with a tv show? Bring back Diamond Dave, they missed the boat back in '96 with the MTV Awards fiasco. Me Wise Magic was actually a pretty good song on their first Greatest Hits album, too bad they brought in Gary Cherone. I guess they'll never learn.

602665[/snapback]

Yep, "Me Wise Magic" was a great song. I'm about as big a fan of VH as you will find, but I've pretty much given up on them. I'll just listen to the older CD's and try to remember the good times. Right now I've been listening to 5150.