Vernon Davis

CarolinaBills

The guy is an absolute BEAST!

I love the idea of us drafting him. As a matter of fact i'd go as far as saying that if Ferguson and Williams are gone, i'd pick him over Ngata (Huff over Ngata as well).

601658[/snapback]

He looks to play like a wide out. He's fast, can catch and can find the seam. If he is drafted, would they move him to WR?

Thanks for the video. He looks a little small for a TE.  Can he block?

601657[/snapback]

Yes, he can pound DEs into the ground, and he has the size/strength to make an initial pop on a pass rusher and still get into the flats as a receiver. He has great speed, and he his hands are WR-caliber.

Thanks for the video. He looks a little small for a TE.  Can he block?

601657[/snapback]

Dude, he is anything but small.

I was at a NC State vs. Maryland game, and it took three or more people to tackle him almost every time he caught the ball.

And NC State had some studs on their Defense. I think that year they were ranked in the top in the whole country on D.

We looked like a much faster version of Ben "Winter" Coats.

Take him if he is still on the board!

I've never seen a wideout who could bench 460. He'll be a stellar TE in the NFL. I think adding him would give the offense an instant boost. IMHO, he is already a canidate for '06 rookie of the year.

More workout stats: power clean (355), vertical jump (40 inches), index (797), squat (685) and 40-yard dash time (4.41) ... all recorded in spring of 2005.

Yes, he can pound DEs into the ground, and he has the size/strength to make an initial pop on a pass rusher and still get into the flats as a receiver. He has great speed, and he his hands are WR-caliber.

601664[/snapback]

Wow, scibo, I have the exact opposite view of him. I watch most of the Terp games, and I feel that he is an AVERAGE at best blocker, and that is the weakest part of his game. Saying that, I think he is a better athletic prospect coming out than Winslow was a few years ago .

Wow, scibo, I have the exact opposite view of him. I watch most of the Terp games, and I feel that he is an AVERAGE at best blocker, and that is the weakest part of his game. Saying that, I think he is a better athletic prospect coming out than Winslow was a few years ago .

601674[/snapback]

I'll say he is an unpolished blocker, but it seems to me he must have spent a lot more time at Maryland working on his receiving than his blocking. He has the power and strength -- often relying on only that in college -- to be a dominate blocker with the right coaching. Of course, the Bills don't even have a TE coach right now, but I trust they'll find someone who can help him learn a blocking system.

I thought we had a guy who could find the seam in Everett....

Isn't Kevin Everett the answer??

601682[/snapback]

I, as much as anyone outside the Everett family, am dying to see him hit the field. But we need to keep a few important points in mind -- First, he suffered a major injury less than a year ago. A tight end with a bad wheel does not make it in the NFL. We do not know if he is fully healed, how it will affect his speed and agility, and we do not know how durable he will be now. Second, he really only played football for a few years. It is way too early to know how long of a learning curve he is working on -- yeah, he has the phyisical attributes needed, but does he have the instincts and gridiron savvy needed to make it in the NFL? We do not know that, the coaches do not know that, and he does not know that -- yet. Third, he dropped to us in the third round. There is little to no way Vernon Davis makes it out of the top-10. I know plenty of great players fell into the third and well beyond, but there is are reasons he fell, and the biggest is because Everett proved less in his college career.