Vernon Davis

CarolinaBills

i like what i see on the video....but there are greater needs on the interior OL/DL.

he is a clear favorite if the Bills can find someone to trade down with....but i just don't see Marv making any major splashes on his first draft while in charge.

i think i would be mildly disappointed if he was taken at #8.

i can't believe there is anyway possible that the Bills would leave Williams or Ferguson on the board in favor of Davis. however, it would be a toss up to me if they took him over Ngata.

Yes, I will say it again:

This is the Guy I Want Us to Draft.

Assuming DeMario Williams is gone (a safe assumption), I'd rather we take an instant top-five tight end than an eventual top-40 defensive tackle (Ngata).

601693[/snapback]

DeMario Williams would be sweet. This guy is so athletic he could play DE and TE!!!

Thanks for the video. He looks a little small for a TE.  Can he block?

601657[/snapback]

Vernon Davis 6-2, 255

Antonio Gates 6-4, 260

Heath Miller 6-5, 256

Jeremy Shockey 6-5, 253

Alge Crumpler 6-2, 262

Tony Gonzalez 6-5, 251

Avg Height: 6-3, 256

I think the height issue could be a slight problem....but i don't know anything about his leaping ability.

He is an underclassman....do these kids keep growing taller after they turn 21?

I like Leonard Pope out of Georgia, and I think he'll be around in the second.  Bigger and will fit our needs better.

601723[/snapback]

in about 3 weeks we will begin to see the posts that suggest we should Bennie Anderson for an extra first round pick.....and that will solve all the Bills problems.

:D

I think the height issue could be a slight problem....but i don't know anything about his leaping ability. 

He is an underclassman....do these kids keep growing taller after they turn 21?

601714[/snapback]

His vertical is 40 inches, according to U of Maryland -- as of last spring.

It is not at all unusal for males to continue growing through the age of 21, but most males stop getting taller then. It is also somewhat common for men to grow throught ht age of 25. NFL teams, I would assume, would have doctors look at players bones -- it can be determined if a person has the potential to have one more growth spurt.

I have read that Davis is not much of a blocker and is more the flex tight end or H-Back.

If the Bills were to go after a TE, much prefer Marcedes Lewis due to size, ability to open up the seam and with size and strength to block.

However, I don't want to see the Bills select a TE until at least the 4th round as we have too many other needs to fill with our earlier picks.

Thanks for the video. He looks a little small for a TE.  Can he block?

601657[/snapback]