Frogger's third try

frogger

Start:6.47 million under

release: Posey, Mike Williams, Anderson, Wire, Milloy (I was wrong, it was 2.5 million saved if released) shelton and Campbell.

+12,419,778 cap room.

Ext-Moulds and fletcher-possible saving about 5 million

so about 24 million under at this point.

resign all of our middle of the road players and role players. But give jason Peters a 4 year deal

-combined around 6 million total

18 million remaining

Franchise Clements, and look to trade-since Patrick Surtain got a 2nd round pick, I think that is what we'll get for clements, Green bay needs a CB, so trade 1st round picks and get there 2nd on top of that. So we now move up to number 5 and get there 2nd rounder. Green Bay gets a starter at CB and only moves back 3 spots, I might throw in a 4th or later to sweeten the deal, but in this dream, no.

sign-Lecharles Bentley C, Ted washington (if released) Matt Schobel TE, Brian Williams CB, Peerless Price WR, LJ Shelton RT, Ron Dayne RB and Maake Kemoeatu DT

cost about 10-12 million million

Draft

1-Mario Williams DE-Starter at LE

2a-Greg Blue SS-could start as a rookie, if not there is Baker.

2b-Jon Scott-Could start at RT or back up LJ Shelton.

3a-A.J. Nicholson-had off the field issues, 1st round talent

3b-Dee Webb-good cover guy, young talent, not expected to start.

4-Garrett Mills-pass catching FB

5-Tim Jennings-CB insurance

6-Todd Watkins-fast WR and 6'3"

7-Justin Blalock-did you know he declared, could be a guard, and since texas killed us with Williams, I figure 1 out of three.

QB-Holcomb and JP losman

RB-McGahee and Dayne

FB Mills

TE Schobel, Everett, Euhus

LT Jason Peters

LG-Mike Gandy

Center-bentley

RG-Villarrial or Preston

RT- Shelton or Scott

WR-Moulds, Evans, Reed, Price, Watkins and Parrish (move Reed to 3rd down back?)

LE-Williams

DT Adams

DTWashington

RE Schobel

LB Spikes

ILB Fletcher

LB Crowell or Nicholson

CB McGee

CB Williams with Dee Webb, Jennings and King

FS Vincent or Baker

SS Baker or Blue

not great, but not bad

not great, but not bad like you said

If you pick up Price (only would like to see this if he comes Really CHEAP), why keep Reed?

I would like to see what Milloy can do when he's Healthy next year and not playing with a busted hand

Otherwise I can see it being a reasonable look at next season.

I can also see them bringing in another Veteran QB to compete with Holcomb and JP for the starting job. With the possiblity of Matthews retiring (don't see why he would, he gets to sit on the sidelines with his visor and clipboard and get paid? I'll take the job if he doesn't want it) we will need someone else

Start:6.47 million under

release: Posey, Mike Williams, Anderson, Wire, Milloy (I was wrong, it was 2.5 million saved if released) shelton and Campbell.

+12,419,778 cap room.

Ext-Moulds and fletcher-possible saving about 5 million

so about 24 million under at this point.

resign all of our middle of the road players and role players.  But give jason Peters a 4 year deal

-combined around 6 million total

18 million remaining

Franchise Clements, and look to trade-since Patrick Surtain got a 2nd round pick, I think that is what we'll get for clements, Green bay needs a CB, so trade 1st round picks and get there 2nd on top of that.  So we now move up to number 5 and get there 2nd rounder.  Green Bay gets a starter at CB and only moves back 3 spots, I might throw in a 4th or later to sweeten the deal, but in this dream, no.

sign-Lecharles Bentley C, Ted washington  (if released)  Matt Schobel TE, Brian Williams CB, Peerless Price WR, LJ Shelton RT, Ron Dayne RB and Maake Kemoeatu DT

cost about 10-12 million million

Draft

1-Mario Williams DE-Starter at LE

2a-Greg Blue SS-could start as a rookie, if not there is Baker.

2b-Jon Scott-Could start at RT or back up LJ Shelton.

3a-A.J. Nicholson-had off the field issues, 1st round talent

3b-Dee Webb-good cover guy, young talent, not expected to start.

4-Garrett Mills-pass catching FB

5-Tim Jennings-CB insurance

6-Todd Watkins-fast WR and 6'3"

7-Justin Blalock-did you know he declared, could be a guard, and since texas killed us with Williams, I figure 1 out of three.

QB-Holcomb and JP losman

RB-McGahee and Dayne

FB Mills

TE Schobel, Everett, Euhus

LT Jason Peters

LG-Mike Gandy

Center-bentley

RG-Villarrial or Preston

RT- Shelton or Scott

WR-Moulds, Evans, Reed, Price, Watkins and Parrish (move Reed to 3rd down back?)

LE-Williams

DT Adams

DTWashington

RE Schobel

LB Spikes

ILB Fletcher

LB Crowell or Nicholson

CB McGee

CB Williams with Dee Webb, Jennings and King

FS Vincent or Baker

SS Baker or Blue

not great, but not bad

597961[/snapback]

y blame me??

y blame me??

598606[/snapback]

You inspired me, well after responding to your post, I figured I'd better come up with one myself, or I'd be like everyone else on the board that will talk crap about others post but never put an ideas out there. It's all fantasy world anyways. I meant no disrespect...yo :lol:

while I am at it. Green Bay is very weak in the 2ndary, harris is there only true starter, Carroll has been a yellow flag magnet, I've seen mocks where they draft Jimmy Williams with the fifth pick. In my fantasy world, they would be willing to move down 3 spots and give up a 2nd rounder for a first round talent. they still can get a good player at 8, but not Mario Williams. I feel Williams is that good. and it's more realistic that assuming we'll get a first rounder

and yes Peerless Price, he would be cheap, and increase the odds of Moulds extending. He is still fast and I feel he just needs another shot, if he signs a 1 year deal for 900,000, would it be so bad? He would be more productive than Aikens and Smith. I'd keep Josh reed for a simple reason, I'd get rid of Shaud Williams, and make Josh Reed take back number 25, and make him a 3rd down back. he is a better blocker than Williams, and has great hands/route runner for a RB. He has played the position before-see college days-while I know its not the same, I don't expect him to run the ball, but if he has to he can, he is the ideal third down back. I am not sure why MM didn't think of it first.

Frogger out

ok

but i don't think trading clements for a pick is better than keeping him at 5 per.

if that de is there i'll be happy, but i do think we need to keep clements and get some more DTs higher in the draft, tho i like your safety ideas.

we only want to lose 1 at most, not 2 starters in our secondary.

keep clements, lose milloy, keep vince but have him play a true FS is better

ok

but i don't think trading clements for a pick is better than keeping him at 5 per.

if that de is there i'll be happy, but i do think we need to keep clements and get some more DTs higher in the draft, tho i like your safety ideas.

we only want to lose 1 at most, not 2 starters in our secondary.

keep clements, lose milloy, keep vince but have him play a true FS is better

599145[/snapback]

I guess my question to you is, would you rather have a proven interior lineman, or a Proven CB. While I believe we can win without a shut down corner (not sure if Clements really is a shut down corner, he did however pretty much shut down after week 5) However i feel that we can't win without addressing the OL. Bentley after Hutch is the best lineman availible, he might cost less than 5 million a year, and we could sign a better than average corner in Brian Williams. Or really worse case, move Vincent back to corner. If we are going into a cover 2, he will be less likely to give up big plays.

1st it is the word their instead of there. 2nd GB needs a lot of holes fixed. I do not think tyhat they would do this trade. Also other teams will be looking at their pick and after Clements year, I do not think he is as good as we think he is.