OT--A sad day in Cobb County, GA

Corp000085

cajun, you'd have to search, but i believe he might have died too.  don't quote me on that because i'm not exactly sure.

43706[/snapback]

Thanks, I did search, and discovered he is still alive, and he has an official website. Last updated in March of this year. Great. From scanning through, looks like he might come back in the future. That would be awesome!! According to him also, he's sick of the current stage in WWE also.

http://www.nativetatanka.com

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I remember that.  Earthquake (John Tenta) was a hot item for a while, even earning a WrestleMania title shot against Hogan at one time. 

43693[/snapback]

Unfortunately, John Tenta has terminal cancer... talks quite openly about it on his message board. Earthquake's Board

Dr. Death Steve Williams also has cancer, had his voicebox removed.

RIP Boss Man

:w00t:

Back in the late 80's I met The Bossman, "Mr. Perfect" Curt Henning, and Terry Taylor (The Red Rooster at the time...bad gimmick :lol: ) at the Ocean Club in Rochester. Henning just came walking up to me in a packed Club and says "You look like you know what's going on around here...where's a good place to go party in this Town." Well...it was like a Tuesday or Wednesday Night if I recall correctly, and I just said "Dude, you're in Rochester, this is about as good as it gets..." He just laughed and shook my hand...He about broke my hand actually...Then Taylor and The Bossman come walking up and Henning introduces me...They were all REALLY great guys (especially Taylor actually). We sat around all night and they answered a ton of Wrestling questions for me...and I must have asked them about every WWF wrestler on the Roster at the time...It was weird because I was always a HUGE wrestling Fan, and out of everybody in that Club Henning walks up to me...Totally cool...

Now two out of those 3 are dead, and I am very sad today...Henning was real cocky, but in a sort of Jock way that any guy who played Sports understood pretty easily, we got along well...The Bossman was real quiet that night but he was real friendly...very cool...And Taylor would not let me pay for anything and was a great guy...

I'm real sad to hear that about The Big Bossman...He definitely was a cool character...Man...some of these wrestlers go WAY to young...I know Henning was really into the nose candy, I hope that was not the case with TBB... :w00t:

RIP Bossman...

rico, bobby heenan had some sort of throat cancer thing too.  He looked TERRIBLE during the WM XX stuff last march.  I hope the brain lives much longer.  Now shut up, you humanoid waste of space!

43722[/snapback]

:lol:

Heenan was the greatest! He and Monsoon made a great comedy team! :w00t:

:w00t:

Back in the late 80's I met The Bossman, "Mr. Perfect" Curt Henning, and Terry Taylor (The Red Rooster at the time...bad gimmick :lol: ) at the Ocean Club in Rochester. Henning just came walking up to me in a packed Club and says "You look like you know what's going on around here...where's a good place to go party in this Town." Well...it was like a Tuesday or Wednesday Night if I recall correctly, and I just said "Dude, you're in Rochester, this is about as good as it gets..." He just laughed and shook my hand...He about broke my hand actually...Then Taylor and The Bossman come walking up and Henning introduces me...They were all REALLY great guys (especially Taylor actually). We sat around all night and they answered a ton of Wrestling questions for me...and I must have asked them about every WWF wrestler on the Roster at the time...It was weird because I was always a HUGE wrestling Fan, and out of everybody in that Club Henning walks up to me...Totally cool...

Now two out of those 3 are dead, and I am very sad today...Henning was real cocky, but in a sort of Jock way that any guy who played Sports understood pretty easily, we got along well...The Bossman was real quiet that night but he was real friendly...very cool...And Taylor would not let me pay for anything and was a great guy...

I'm real sad to hear that about The Big Bossman...He definitely was a cool character...Man...some of these wrestlers go WAY to young...I know Henning was really into the nose candy, I hope that was not the case with TBB... :D

RIP Bossman...

43724[/snapback]

Great story, that's too cool! :w00t:

and throw in the body. 

Well MACmahon, you know that hulkamania is dead now!

Monsoon, its time to stop looking through those rose colored glasses!

43741[/snapback]

Jesse the Body rocked!

Plus, you had Flair on NWA talking the greatest smack ever.

Those were the days!

Never happen again, though the Rock came close there for a while.

I've got a good hulk hogan story

I was in the atlanta airport my freshman year in college, on like an 8 hour delay due to weather. Anyways, i went to a wendy's and waited in line. there was a family of hick looking people in front of me. You know, blonde hair, bandana, fanny pack, kids being crazy... Well, the guy turned around and it ended up being the hulkster. We made some small talk about the masters and weather (the masters was that weekend). Talked about 5 minutes before i mentioned i was a big fan and stuff. After that, we just bitched and waited in line and stuff. When it was my turn, he actually paid for my food. It was only like $4 or somnething, but that was really cool. I guess the moral of the story is, don't be a starstruck fan... or just look like a poor college kid in a foreign city. Either way, he was really damn cool.

Great stories. At the Jets game this past December, I drank a Blue with Page Falkenburg ( Diamond Dallas Page ) inside the MaGuire Club. Said his neck was heeling and he'd like one more run before retiring. He's a couple years older than me. (45). I'm 6-4 and felt small next to him. He's like 6-7 and his arms were just HUGE. Couldn't have been any nicer. Others would walk up to shake his hand . He just shot the bull with me for about 10 minutes, drinking his beer. Asked him about his smoking hot wife, Kimberly ( drool ) . Said she was getting modeling gigs all the time and was doing well.

Great stories. At the Jets game this past December, I drank a Blue with Page Falkenburg ( Diamond Dallas Page ) inside the MaGuire Club. Said his neck was heeling and he'd like one more run before retiring. He's a couple years older than me. (45).  I'm 6-4 and felt small next to him. He's like 6-7 and his arms were just HUGE. Couldn't have been any nicer. Others would walk up to shake his hand . He just shot the bull with me for about 10 minutes, drinking his beer. Asked him about his smoking hot wife, Kimberly ( drool ) . Said she was getting modeling gigs all the time and was doing well.

43770[/snapback]

I heard recently that DDP and Kimberly were divorcing...DDP said they are still on good terms in an interview I read. He always sounds like such a cool dude...

BTW...supposedly DDP is now rooming with none other than "The Rattlesnake" himself Stone Cold Steve Austin... B)

One of Cobb County's finest went down last night.  Yes, officer traylor aka The Big Bossman died last night.  Here's a silent sidewalk slam for you bro.

Linkage:  http://www.wwe.com/news/headlines/1277702

43634[/snapback]

Makes one wonder what the fate of a lot of steroided pro baseball and track athletes will be. Very very high death rate at such young ages. God Bless them......-hoping they dodge the bullets..

I gave it up when they wouldn't let Buzz Sawyer be a part of the Minnesota Wrecking Crew and when Superstar Billy Graham had to call it a day.

geesus I'm old..............

43913[/snapback]

Not that old. I remember those days. When Superstar had to retire (hip), that was rough. He even admitted that his steroid abuse is what screwed him up so bad.

I was always a fan of the tag team wrestling, especially when the heels had the championship. In WWF, teams like the late Adrian Adonis and Dick Murdoch, the Hart Foundation (before they became fan favorites), and the Dream Team (Greg Valentine/Brutus Beefcake) were good champions who were fun to watch. In WCW, I was a big Harlem Heat fan, but I also liked Scott Hall and Kevin Nash, The Midnight Express (original team of Rose and Condrey), Bunkhouse Buck and Dick Slater (they weren't great wrestlers, but man could they kick a**!), and Manny Fernandez and the late Rick Rude, to name just a few.

Rick Rude, now that cat was hysterical.

Man they used to have some talented individuals who could just get you chuckling by handing them a mike for 30 seconds. Things got too wierd for me when they brought in the Cindy Lauper's and Mr T's and the whole shebang became a bodybuilding and hairstyling contest.

Hilarious performers like Roddy Piper and Bobby Heenan (comic genius' both) would have never seen the light of day in today's wrestling world. The only thing close I know of is that Mick Foley guy who I saw an A&E Biography about; they just don't make 'em like that anymore:-(

Cya

P.S. About 10 years ago somebody made me watch a tape of some wrestling from NYC called ECW. I don't know if they've been kicked off the air yet but they were sure headed that way. It kinded of reminded me of the old days with the lower production values, some outrageously funny wrestling (tables/chairs/balconies/fire/etc), mentally unstable characters and some pipsqueak Gordon Solie type announcer with a greaaaat voice who could really sling it. I was waiting for George Steele to coming running out at any second!-)

Wrestling died for me when they changed the style of my all time favorite, The Undertaker from the "Dead Man, Grim Reaper" guy to some "biker guy".

I also think there is to many normal street fighting looking guys now. You know, built, long hair, tights, and boots. Wrestling was great when there were guys with unique personality's. Savage, Hogan, Sting, Taker, Andre the Giant, Macho Man, Rick Rude, Steamboat, Big Boss Man, Ultimate Warrior, Jake the Snake, Great Muta, ect ect ect. I could go on and on.

43685[/snapback]

He's back to the "grim reaper type" guy....

RIP BBM.....