OT--A sad day in Cobb County, GA

Corp000085

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

An Atlanta TV station is reporting that he had a massive heart attack. 

a massive heart attack at age 42 means that the trend probably continues.

Ravishing rick rude

mr. perfect

miss elizabeth

all the von ehrichs

pillman

etc.

they all die of drug related problems, whether it be directly or indirectly.

Do any of you guys remember the storyline where he was making fun of The Giant because The Giant was sad about his dad dying? It was the most horrible, ridiculous and yet hilarious storyline they ever had.

The high (or perhaps low depending on your perspective) point of that storyline was when Big Boss Man mounted a giant megaphone to the top of his stationwagon and was driving around the cemetary during The Giant's dad's funeral shouting stuff like "Boo hoo, my daddy died!" through his megaphone. He then managed to somehow hook a chain up to the casket and started dragging it around the cemetary.

I had never laughed so hard at wrestling before because I never expected them to stoop that low with a story.

One of my favorite memories of him was when he had a fued with the prisoner Nailz.That was intense, especially when Nailz used to use BBM own tools and handcuff BBM to the ropes and beat him down with the billy club. I think they finally settled it in a steel cage when BBM just destroyed him.

Do any of you guys remember the storyline where he was making fun of The Giant because The Giant was sad about his dad dying?  It was the most horrible, ridiculous and yet hilarious storyline they ever had. 

The high (or perhaps low depending on your perspective) point of that storyline was when Big Boss Man mounted a giant megaphone to the top of his stationwagon and was driving around the cemetary during The Giant's dad's funeral shouting stuff like "Boo hoo, my daddy died!" through his megaphone.  He then managed to somehow hook a chain up to the casket and started dragging it around the cemetary.

I had never laughed so hard at wrestling before because I never expected them to stoop that low with a story.

43661[/snapback]

hahaha! NOW i remember that... that was priceless.... oh man, i wish wrestling was still good...

One of my favorite memories of him was when he had a fued with the prisoner Nailz.That was intense, especially when Nailz used to use BBM own tools and handcuff BBM to the ropes and beat him down with the billy club. I think they finally settled it in a steel cage when BBM just destroyed him. 

yeah, didn't they have a nightstick on a pole match or something?? i remember nailz being like a huge mega heel and kicking BBM's ass. Wrestling died when WCW began to go under. For as taboo as pro wrestling is, it is a sad time now.

yeah, didn't they have a nightstick on a pole match or something??  i remember nailz being like a huge mega heel and kicking BBM's ass.  Wrestling died when WCW began to go under.  For as taboo as pro wrestling is, it is a sad time now.

43677[/snapback]

Yeah. Nailz used to taunt the Boss Man with those videos ("I'm coming for you. Blah blah blah...") and then one day, during the Boss Man's match, he just came into the ring, handcuffed him to the ropes, and starting beating the crap out of him with the Boss Man's own nightstick. Brutal.

Yeah, I remember that storyline.  You're right stoj; wrestling is nothing like it used to be.  In fact, it just plain sucks.  I haven't watched any pro wrestling programs in probably 2 or 3 years.  It just isn't worth my time anymore.

43676[/snapback]

Wrestling died for me when they changed the style of my all time favorite, The Undertaker from the "Dead Man, Grim Reaper" guy to some "biker guy".

I also think there is to many normal street fighting looking guys now. You know, built, long hair, tights, and boots. Wrestling was great when there were guys with unique personality's. Savage, Hogan, Sting, Taker, Andre the Giant, Macho Man, Rick Rude, Steamboat, Big Boss Man, Ultimate Warrior, Jake the Snake, Great Muta, ect ect ect. I could go on and on.

Wrestling died for me when they changed the style of my all time favorite, The Undertaker from the "Dead Man, Grim Reaper" guy to some "biker guy".

I also think there is to many normal street fighting looking guys now. You know, built, long hair, tights, and boots. Wrestling was great when there were guys with unique personality's. Savage, Hogan, Sting, Taker, Andre the Giant, Macho Man, Rick Rude, Steamboat, Big Boss Man, Ultimate Warrior, Jake the Snake, Great Muta, ect ect ect. I could go on and on.

43685[/snapback]

I agree. Plus, it was more fun back then. Now, they just cater to the lowest common denominator to get their ratings. It used to be something I could watch with my niece, who was about 5 or 6 at the time (she liked Papa Shango, the voodoo character who also wrestled under Kama and The Godfather). Now, it looks like something that should be on Cinemax. Garbage.

Speaking of remembering...  do you remember when earthquake splashed damien (jake's snake)?  That was brutal. 

or when rick the model martel sprayed jake with arrogance and then they had the blindfold match at WM7?

43688[/snapback]

Yeah, I remember that. Earthquake (John Tenta) was a hot item for a while, even earning a WrestleMania title shot against Hogan at one time.

Martel was a joke as "The Model". His earlier career, even before the Can-Am Connection with him and Tom Zenk, was Martel at his best.