According to Simon

Realist

According to HS, the NFL will be notifying the Bills that 3 calls were blown on Sunday.

1. Travis Henry's TD was a TD

2. Nate Clements Return, should not have been a holding call

3. Takeo Spikes should have gotten a safety call for the holding in the endzone.

Dammit, how can Bledsoe have blown that call!!!!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

According to HS, the NFL will be notifying the Bills that 3 calls were blown on Sunday.

1.  Travis Henry's TD was a TD

2.  Nate Clements Return, should not have been a holding call

3.  Takeo Spikes should have gotten a safety call for the holding in the endzone.

43416[/snapback]

Does us a helluva lotta good now.... :rolleyes:

This leads to a question that goes back to the Olympics:

Should the Raiders give us the win since it was the officials that blew the call. Such as was asked of Paul Hamm to give back the gold because of officials mistake. :rolleyes:

43416[/snapback]

I can answer that. Because Drew is just not a leader. Had he been a true leader, the refs wouldn't have dared make such bad calls. Moreover, he would have inspired those refs to be better at their jobs. You see, even the refs are depressed over Drew as our starting QB!

BTW, that absolutely SUCKS about those calls. This is why I belive that the Bills will beat the Patties.

1) Frankly the breaks have just not gone our way;

2) I think the Patties will be taking us lightly; and

3) Because the BIlls are going to come out ready to take the Patties' heads off after losing two close games and taking all the damn heat.

That winning streak is history!

This leads to a question that goes back to the Olympics:

Should the Raiders give us the win since it was the officials that blew the call.  Such as was asked of Paul Hamm to give back the gold because of officials mistake. :rolleyes:

43430[/snapback]

One could argue that the not-so-subtle nuances of a 3-hour long team sport are different than a 30-second long individual activity.

1.  Travis Henry's TD was a TD

2.  Nate Clements Return, should not have been a holding call

3.  Takeo Spikes should have gotten a safety call for the holding in the endzone.

43416[/snapback]

Man, that is brutal if that's true! All three calls could have easily changed the outcome of the game.

Is there an official NFL website where you can see this?

i.e. www.nflblowncalls.com

I have no clue how that blown safety call was made...(or wasnt made, i guess)

The hold started OUTSIDE of the endzone? Who gives a crap? The QB was IN THE EZ!!! And the hold continued until WELL INTO THE EZ!!!

I was so pissed (rather drunk too) at that point.

The hold started OUTSIDE of the endzone? Who gives a crap? The QB was IN THE EZ!!! And the hold continued until WELL INTO THE EZ!!!

43459[/snapback]

From CBS Gamebook, Cle at Dal:

Cleveland Browns at 0:09

1-10-CLV 1 (:09) (Shotgun) 5-J.Garcia pass incomplete to 80-K.Winslow. Pass thrown left sideline at the Cleveland 15.

PENALTY on CLV-73-J.Gonzalez, Offensive Holding, 1 yard, enforced in End Zone, SAFETY - No Play. Timeout #2 by DAL at 00:08.

The more I think about this, the more it pisses me off.

That's an automatic 8 freakin' points plus the PAT attempt! And maybe even a FG after getting good field position after the free punt from the safety!

Thank goodness for instant replay :lol:

From CBS Gamebook, Cle at Dal:

Cleveland Browns at 0:09

1-10-CLV 1 (:09) (Shotgun) 5-J.Garcia pass incomplete to 80-K.Winslow. Pass thrown left sideline at the Cleveland 15.

PENALTY on CLV-73-J.Gonzalez, Offensive Holding, 1 yard, enforced in End Zone, SAFETY - No Play. Timeout #2 by DAL at 00:08.

43466[/snapback]

Wow... !@#$ing wow!!! WHAT THE !@#$???

One could argue that the not-so-subtle nuances of a 3-hour long team sport are different than a 30-second long individual activity.

43441[/snapback]

Actually, the issue comes down to whether it was a so-called "field of play" call that was in error. Obviously, that is exactly what these calls are in football games. They are field-of-play calls, some of which are appealable but only if you thrown the red flag and appeal before the next play is run.

This is quite analagous to the error in the Olympics. It also is considered a field-of-play call and therefore it is also subject to review and correction ONLY if appealed before the beginning of the next routine (I think, but at any rate by some limited period of time).

The reasons are obvious, most games would be changed after the fact upon further review because mistakes are made during games all of the time. So the post comparing the two is quite right. It would be the exact same type of situation, and which is exactly why the gold medal was never even questioned by the respective Olympic Committees. Who knows what this Court of International Sports Competition may rule, but I'm not sure it even has jurisdiction over this dispute.

These 3 blown calls cost us the game and possibly the season, and the a$$holes on that officiating crew will be working again this week.

What good is it to let us know that they screwed up if nothing is done about it? I think that we should get to stone them for charity this Sunday at the Ralph. Charge a buck a rock or $2 for big ones and give the proceeds to the Bills charity foundation.

43459[/snapback]

If my memory is correct (yes, some years ago I actually read the NFL rulebook), and barring any changes over the years, the rule does not state that where the holding BEGINS is relevant, only that if an offensive player commits holding in the endzone, the penalty is enforced from the endzone. This puts the ball out the back of the endzone, and is a safety.

so that's 16 points lost there

43461[/snapback]

Probably really no more then 8 points:

2pts for the saftey, they would have gone for the field goal instead of a Henry TD and they would go for the field goal when they got stopped after Nate's return.