Good Day for Sabres Articles

Sabres are Ultimate Underdogs

"The NHL has more than a few underdogs this year, the Carolina Hurricanes and New York Rangers being two of the more prominent examples. But there is no horse darker than the mighty Sabres of Buffalo."

Q&A with Timmy Connelly

Buffalo again proves baffling to Flyers

"The thing is, when it is a talented team like they are (the Sabres) with those forwards, even when they are not shooting, they make you move so much," Esche said.

"Those forwards are very underrated and some of the best in the game. I don't know if we can play that style of hockey. We have to come out and compete a little better, maybe."

Sabres' Speed Kills, Just ask the Flyers

But again, the Sabres just kept outskating and outshooting the Flyers.

"It's tough on the emotions right now," Gagne said. "We need to bounce back pretty soon. If you look at the way we played tonight, the level of the game was very fast and right now [Esche] is right. We're having a hard time against fast teams and that was another fast [team] tonight. We're having a hard time against teams with a lot of speed and [who] move the puck quick."

The first one, by the Hockey News guy, Adam Proteau, was especially sweet. You don't often see a sportswriter flat out admit that he was dead wrong about a team or a player. That guy gets my respect. And the article was pretty accurate.

593952[/snapback]

He's the anti-Jerry Sullivan. I'm gonna forward that to ol' Jer and see what kind of jibberish I get back.

I am pumped for this game tonight. Also, the game here on the 12th against the Canes is going to be huge. A lot of 'Canes "fans" that I know have been doing their fair share of trash talking lately so I just forwarded the "mighty Sabres of Buffalo" article to them. :blink: