Women sue Wal-Mart to require them to carry the

Find that post.  :(

I was never part of that debate.  However, in my opinon there is a distictive difference between vocal protest at a public political event and obstructing the entrance to a healthcare facility.  The buffer zones are in place for individual protection and access to the facility. 

Don't those people wishing to use the facility have a right to unimpeded access?  Apparently several courts at many levels agree that they do.

598418[/snapback]

Is there? When people who support the current administration are made to feel unsafe by the actions of leftist loonies, do they not have a right to demand individual protection and access to such events free of harrassment?

Sure, they should be allowed to have access to the clinic.

I was just making sure there weren't any logical holes in your argument, there.

:(

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there? When people who support the current administration are made to feel unsafe by the actions of leftist loonies, do they not have a right to demand individual protection and access to such events free of harrassment?

598425[/snapback]

Any "lefty" physically harming anyone at a political event should be prosecuted for their actions.

The free speech issue with regard to clinics has been tackled by the courts already, Joe. You asked about my opinion, and I gave it to you. The courts seem to agree with my opinion. If the people who support this administration feel that they are being impeded in any way by vocal protest at a public poltical rally, then by all means they should file suit. They certainly have the numbers on the Supreme court now.

OK, well, now we have established that it's all right in your thinking to restrict WHERE a person is able to protest. So, I have to ask a follow-up question: Weren't you one who was against restrictions on people protesting W in the run-up to the Iraq war or the 2004 elections?

Or is leftist protest more palatable than rightist protest?

598403[/snapback]

A more reasonable example would be protestors (union, Plan B, whatever) outside of Wal Mart. They can't block access for or act abusive toward anyone who wants to enter the store.

Q:

It's fairly obvious that you have a leftward-leaning point of view. In your opinion, do anti-abotrion groups have a right to protest outside of clinics? And if so, should the government be able to put restrictions on what they say or do?

598375[/snapback]

On this partricular issue, I do tend to lean towards the left. I prefer to think it's not all black and white when it comes to people going to planned parenthood. My wife has gone there for birth control. She also has been on the board of the local planned parenthood. Never once while she was on the board did anyone suggest they encourage more abortions to make money, like numbnut wacka was implying.

Regarding you question on protesting, people have the right to a peacful protest. What I oppose is the types of protest that obstructs an individual's right to enter pp when these protesters have no clue on what that person is there for.

Hope that helps clarify things.

598425[/snapback]

Loonies, regardless of which side they are on, trying to harm someone at a political event should be whacked in the head and prosecuted.

Q:

It's fairly obvious that you have a leftward-leaning point of view. In your opinion, do anti-abotrion groups have a right to protest outside of clinics? And if so, should the government be able to put restrictions on what they say or do?

598375[/snapback]

There is a difference, between protesting and blocking access and harrassing patients, however.

On this partricular issue, I do tend to lean towards the left.  I prefer to think it's not all black and white when it comes to people going to planned parenthood.  My wife has gone there for birth control.  She also has been on the board of the local planned parenthood.  Never once while she was on the board did anyone suggest they encourage more abortions to make money, like numbnut wacka was implying. 

Regarding you question on protesting, people have the right to a peacful protest.  What I oppose is the types of protest that obstructs an individual's right to enter pp when these protesters have no clue on what that person is there for.

Hope that helps clarify things.

598462[/snapback]

I was was working in action boston community developement on the corner of tremont an boyleston st., as a construction worker. This job took two months to complete. Twice a week they had small anti abortion protest outside the building, and if you left the building for lunch they blasted you with the bullhorn calling you a murderer. One weekend there had to be 10.000 people protesting outside and marching around the common. That was full on in your face look at what you do, look at these pictures. Grabbing your arm for attention and then reciteing prayers. They were'nt violent, just relentless in their approach, to the point of we wanted to hit them with our hammers, so we could go to lunch.

I was was working in action boston community developement on the corner of tremont an boyleston st., as a construction worker. This job took two months to complete. Twice a week they had small anti abortion protest outside the building, and if you left the building for lunch they blasted you with the bullhorn calling you a murderer. One weekend there had to be 10.000 people protesting outside and marching around the common. That was full on in your face look at what you do, look at these pictures. Grabbing your arm  for attention and then reciteing prayers. They were'nt violent, just relentless in their approach, to the point of we wanted to hit them with our hammers, so we could go to lunch.

598508[/snapback]

I know you didn't view the protests as violent and you seem to have taken it pretty well considering you had nothing at all to do with abortion.

I can only imagine what it must feel like for a woman who's been a victim of sexual abuse trying to enter or leave the facility, having a bunch of strangers touching her, shouting at her, and calling her a murderer.

I know you didn't view the protests as violent and you seem to have taken it pretty well considering you had nothing at all to do with abortion.

I can only imagine what it must feel like for a woman who's been a victim of sexual abuse trying to enter or leave the facility, having a bunch of strangers touching her, shouting at her, and calling her a murderer.

598545[/snapback]

Do not know their reasons for abortions, but they all had to pass the gauntlett to go in or out of the building. The women were emotianally beat down.

Do not know their reasons for abortions, but they all had to pass the gauntlett to go in or out of the building. The women were emotianally beat down.

598630[/snapback]

Really?

While you almost have to feel bad for them, it IS their choice, and they should live with whatever stigma people want to put on them.

Really?

While you almost have to feel bad for them, it IS their choice, and they should live with whatever stigma people want to put on them.

598666[/snapback]

It's one thing, and an easy thing, to say one should have to live with the judgements of others and put up with bull sh-- from people who don't know the first thing about him/her. It's another to live that way.

I always thought one should try to understand why people might have made their choices before criticizing them.

Then again, those from the holier-than-thou moral crowd have, I'm certain, led exemplary lives in every way and have no house-cleaning of their own to do.

It's one thing, and an easy thing, to say one should have to live with the judgements of others and put up with bull sh-- from people who don't know the first thing about him/her.  It's another to live that way.

I always thought one should try to understand why people might have made their choices before criticizing them.

Then again, those from the holier-than-thou moral crowd have, I'm certain, led exemplary lives in every way and have no house-cleaning of their own to do.

598679[/snapback]

Like I said, I ain't one of em. But you have to know if you're going to get a vacuum job that you're gonna take some heat.

Like I said, I ain't one of em. But you have to know if you're going to get a vacuum job that you're gonna take some heat.

598681[/snapback]

Because everyone walking into an Action Boston Community Development office is there for an abortion, right? They'll be pretty disappointed, though, because ABCD doesn't perform abortions.

About ABCD, the gateway to hell!

Today, as the largest independent, private, 501©3 non-profit human services agency in New England, ABCD assists more than 100,000 low-income individuals and families annually. ABCD serves low-income residents through its central office and a decentralized, neighborhood-based, city-wide network of Area Planning Action Councils (APACs), Neighborhood Service Centers (NSCs), Head Start and Child Care Centers, and many other neighborhood programs, with neighborhood residents from all over the city making up the majority of board members.

ABCD programs and affiliates include Head Start; Child Care Services; Child Care Choices of Boston (CCCB); Multi-Cultural Independent Living Center of Boston, Inc. serving disabled inner-city residents; Foster Grandparents; Family Friends; Youth Programs including an Alternative High School (University High) in cooperation with the Boston Public Schools; SUMMERWORKS, providing career-oriented work experience for low-income teenagers; a partnership with the now-independent and fully accredited Urban College of Boston: A Two-Year College; LearningWorks Career Development programs; management of the Massachusetts Bay Area Combined Federal Campaign (CFC), Commonwealth of Boston Employee Charitable Campaign (COMECC); City of Boston Employee Campaign (COBEC), and private sector campaigns which together reach out to more than 150,000 federal, state, city and private sector employees and benefit more than 3,000 501©3 charities annually; Health Services/Family Planning; Housing and Homeless Services; Operation Re-entry Ex-Offenders Program, Community Services; Elder Services; Intergenerational Programs; Fuel Assistance; Weatherization; consumer services; and advocacy.

Sounds insidious, doesn't it? Here's a list of the other horrible programs they inflict on the unwitting community:

ABCD is pure evil!

Here's the info on their Family Planning program, one of the many fiendish health services ABCD has for low income families.

ABCD Health Programs will send you to hell!

Boston Family Planning provides comprehensive family planning care, community education, and outreach to ensure that community residents receive preventive health education and clinical services to maintain their health. Serving over 35,000 persons in its Family Planning sites and more than 3,500 in the Community Education/Outreach component, this multifaceted program:

prevents unintended pregnancies

fights the spread of HIV/AIDS and other sexually transmitted diseases

reduces infant mortality through the planning and spacing of births

prevents abortion

provides community education and outreach programs that extend to all parts of the community.

Through the ABCD Family Planning Program, free or low-cost birth control and examinations are available to all greater-Boston residents at neighborhood health centers and other community health programs. Clients can receive birth control counseling, reproductive health examinations, pregnancy tests, STD/HIV/AIDS counseling and services, free or low-cost contraceptives and condoms.

In its community outreach initiatives, Boston Family Planning provides health education in public schools, religious programs, after-school programs, prison and pre-release programs, community agencies and other sites. ABCD's Professional Training Program provides health center staff members at family planning sites across the state and other human services professionals with accessible, hands-on training. The Urban Family Planning Collaborative brings ABCD Family Planning together with the Cambridge and Somerville Family Planning Programs to focus on family planning and other preventive health issues unique to urban areas.

Why were these idiots picketing a community development center? Perhaps they can't read the easily found information about ABCD on the web, or in advertisements on the subway in Boston/Cambridge, or in the thousands of posted fliers around? Perhaps they could benefit from a few of ABCD's programs themselves...when they get bored of scaring poor women and children.

"Backed by abortion rights groups, three Massachusetts women sued Wal-Mart on Wednesday, accusing the retail giant of violating a state regulation by failing to stock emergency contraception pills in its pharmacies.

LOL, 'emergency' contraception pills. Pregnancy, the new disease.

Yes.  They're clones.  All liberals are clones.  Some day they'll make a liberal clone out of you as well.

592701[/snapback]

Are these the same clones that jim rome always talks about.....or did you mean clowns- I like clowns, they are nice, and make me laugh.I make a drawing of one once. Maybe I'll post it. He made a baloon aminal :doh:

Name one. Should be easy if there are many of them.

601066[/snapback]

Anywhere in Utah, North/South Dakota, etc...

The real question isn't to name one now (probably could in Utah). But, what happens when given the individual choice to carry it, what do the other pharmacies do? If they follow Wal-Mart... On a store by store, pharmacist choice, the problem becomes big.

Just like everything else in our society... The lone defector from the norm rules. When the entities that deviate from the norm start to rise, big things happen and cause problems... The problems need to be rectified then... Most likely it is too late.

Does Wal-Mart realize what a player it is? Well, it better.

Synergy. I don't think Wal-Mart knows it. :D:D

It has got to be uniform. Wal-Mart is sitting pretty now, but look at the big picture and the effect it has on the rest.

A simple glance at the map could indicate gapping holes of service.