Would you trade Holcomb to Miami

Orton's Arm

Would you trade Holcomb to Miami for a 3rd round pick?  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Would you trade Holcomb to Miami for a 3rd round pick?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

Gus Frerotte's QB rating for 2005 was 71.9. Holcomb's was 85.6. Holcomb knows Mike Mularkey's offense, and could make an immediate impact for the Dolphins. The Dolphins seem to have enough talent to be able to do something, except the QB position is holding them back. So would you trade them Holcomb--a guy who would help them win now--to get a 3rd round pick who might help us win later?

591171[/snapback]

I guess you were waiting for everybody to say no, right? 0:)

I guess you were waiting for everybody to say no, right?  :doh:

591277[/snapback]

This may surprise some people, but I voted yes. The Bills are a rebuilding team, so they need to trade away every older player who has significant trade value. Holcomb does have more to offer than most people realize, but by the time the Bills have the right supporting cast for him in place, he won't be the same player he is now.

I'm pretty firmly convinced that in the hands of someone like Mularkey, Vince Young would be a player we would NOT want to face twice a year.

591212[/snapback]

Ah yes that mularkey is magical when it comes to rookie QBs. The kid isn't going to be as good as everyone already thinks (i've already posted in other threads my reasons for believing this), and mularkey would just expedite those sentiments with his plethora of trick plays and terriffic game plans.

Ah yes that mularkey is magical when it comes to rookie QBs. The kid isn't going to be as good as everyone already thinks (i've already posted in other threads my reasons for believing this), and mularkey would just expedite those sentiments with his plethora of trick plays and terriffic game plans.

591984[/snapback]

Well, I truly think that Mularkey is a decent OC, who can function when his job is only to shepherd the offense under a strong HC. He was not able to take care of the big picture, just like GW.

But I think he would come up with some really creative uses of Young, esp in a backfield with Ricky Williams and Ronnie Brown.