Hey Leafs' Fans...

How good is Jonathan Cheechoo right now???

Since acquiring Joe Thornton from Boston on Dec. 2, he has 24 goals, 12 assists and a plus-18 rating in the 26-game span.

Thats UNREAL

592563[/snapback]

Thornton has been important but adding Eckman to that line has put them on another level. The sad part about last night is the referee waved off ANOTHER goal by that line because Eckman may have had his stick above the crossbar (it was so close that had they said it was a good goal they wouldn't have overturned it).

When the Sharks get decent goaltending (which hasn't been often enough this season), they are TOUGH to beat.

Have I mentioned I was in the Tank the year that the OV line and Irbe knocked the Dead Things out of the playoffs as an eighth seed? Good times.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thornton has been important but adding Eckman to that line has put them on another level.  The sad part about last night is the referee waved off ANOTHER goal by that line because Eckman may have had his stick above the crossbar (it was so close that had they said it was a good goal they wouldn't have overturned it).

When the Sharks get decent goaltending (which hasn't been often enough this season), they are TOUGH to beat.

Have I mentioned I was in the Tank the year that the OV line and Irbe knocked the Dead Things out of the playoffs as an eighth seed?  Good times.

592937[/snapback]

Eckman was a steel from the Rangers. Sharks gave up Chad Weisman to get him. When watching the games that guys sticks out all the time. I guy on the Sabres I think is similar in that regard is Afeniganov. I know the spelling isnt correct.

As far as the goaltending goes I think your fairly close to the mark. Nabokov is has been exceptionally solid the last couple seasons but this year his has been inconsistent. Thankfully, the Sharks have Toskla who has been very good.

Its too bad SJ is in a bad a$$ division because they may not make the playoffs. All the teams they are chasing keep winning and the Sharks absolutely suck in shootouts. 1-6 with another shootout loss last night vs Minnesota.