Sabres v. Thrashers (1/31)

Great game......is it me or do you feel like they can and will win EVERY freakin game.....as a Buffalo Bills fan, we DESERVE this!

590466[/snapback]

I'll let you know when we play Ottawa again (not that they're playing well but we've got to get past the fact we've played like ass against them every time out).

Still, tonight was a classic letdown night. Playing on the road, end of a long trip, against a team that has lost their last five and has a ton of offensive talent, yet they play a solid game (with the exception of about 4 shifts all night) and win easily.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll let you know when we play Ottawa again (not that they're playing well but we've got to get past the fact we've played like ass against them every time out).

590472[/snapback]

I hear ya about Ottawa (0-3 this year)....Florida is coming up as well, hopefully we can get that freaking team out of our head as well!

I can guarantee they aren't giving up Chuk or Hossa (could you imagine trading away Heatley and then Hossa and ending up with Marty Biron?  Talk about getting a quick ticket out of town) and I'd be surprised to get someone like Savard.  I don't think Darcy pulls the trigger for Mellanby or anyone like him - he'd be more likely to take a couple of prospects to restock the farm.

590465[/snapback]

I don't expect to get Savard just saying he's a guy I'd want from their team. I made mention in October that if dealt a Goalie to the Thrashers would want D prospect Mark Popovic as part of the package.

I don't expect to get Savard just saying he's a guy I'd want from their team. I made mention in October that if dealt a Goalie to the Thrashers would want D prospect Mark Popovic as part of the package.

590484[/snapback]

What can you tell me about him? I see from his numbers he's the leading scoring DMan on his AHL team and it seems he doesn't take many penalties.

Was at the game...

Boring and sloppy in the 1st (both teams), but the Sabres, as usual, picked it up in the 2nd and beyond.

As for the crowd...Sabres gear was all over the place. Thrashers fans were getting pissed at the loud chorus of "Lets Go Buffalo," every time they tried to start a "Let's Go Thrashers" chant. To quote the woman in front of me, "What are you all doing here, go back to Buffalo."

Was even what I would call a Sabres pep rally (for lack of a better term) in the concourse between periods. Special recognition to the group up in 315 or 316, the Sabres would be lucky to have them at home games.

Was at the game...

Boring and sloppy in the 1st (both teams), but the Sabres, as usual, picked it up in the 2nd and beyond.

As for the crowd...Sabres gear was all over the place. Thrashers fans were getting pissed at the loud chorus of "Lets Go Buffalo," every time they tried to start a "Let's Go Thrashers" chant. To quote the woman in front of me, "What are you all doing here, go back to Buffalo."

Was even what I would call a Sabres pep rally (for lack of a better term) in the concourse between periods. Special recognition to the group up in 315 or 316, the Sabres would be lucky to have them at home games.

590586[/snapback]

Great avatar. One of my favorite movies.

590484[/snapback]

Not a bad thought, but I highly doubt that the Thrashers would want Biron.

Lehtonen will still be the goods, trust me on that, and the thrashers are committed to Kari.

Edmonton at this point seems to be the best fit to deal Biron...maybe if the Sabres can get a steady D guy like Steve Staios, that could help bolster the Sabres blue line.

Any thoughts?

Not a bad thought, but I highly doubt that the Thrashers would want Biron.

Lehtonen will still be the goods, trust me on that, and the thrashers are committed to Kari.

Edmonton at this point seems to be the best fit to deal Biron...maybe if the Sabres can get a steady D guy like Steve Staios, that could help bolster the Sabres blue line.

Any thoughts?

590969[/snapback]

I brought up the prosposed deal when Lehtonen first got injured so yeah odds are the Thrashers don't need Biron or Noronen now. The problem is Staios is over 30 and the Sabres need some youth on the D. As McKee, Numminen and Lydman might not be here for the long term. Yet there's no young Dman that could replace any one of them. So, if I were to trade Biron, I think Vancouver be a better fit for someone like Kevin Bieksa.

Next games: home vs. Philly and Ottawa, and then home & home vs. Montreal. How sweet would four wins there be? That would make 7 in a row, and then it's home vs. Florida (nemesis Luongo) and at Carolina (best team in NHL), and then Olympic break. Buffalo could make a big-time statement heading into the layoff.

That is one helluva gauntlet headed to the break. I'd be happy if we went 3-3 through that, although 4-2 would really be nice.