It ain't rocket surgery

nuklz2594

It is my birthday and I have been sampling tequila for quality control and medicinal purposes until my wife gets home.  I are 42.  That being said, I have been saying for a long time that football is not a complicated game.  The team that dominates or controls the line of scrimmage will win the game.  If the Ravens can win a Super Bowl with Dilfer and the Giants can win with Hostedtler, anyone can win it all.  This up and coming draft we need to address the o-line.  We can also alleviate our problems via free agency.  I would be happy with a draft that consisted of o-line and d-line personnel only.  Think about it.  The Pats-I live in Maine and miss the wings and zweigle's dogs-don't exactly have anybody in the secondary that scare anyone.  Especially now that Harrison is likely to retire.  The Pats RB's are average at best.  Their o-lines and d-lines dictate the game.  Despite all their injuries they were still a very good team.  I will say this--beware the Pats next season.  They will be one hungry team and everyone will be healthy.  I see Dillon having a monster season and retiring.

Until we get serious about the line of scrimmage--we will suck.  Does anyone know if Preston can play center at the NFL level?  I remember all the hype about Geislinger--has he played at all?  Same for MacFarland?  Mike Williams and Anderson suck.  I see them gone. Teague is not the answer at center.  Villarial is getting old.  Drafting Roscoe still bamboozles me.  I believe TD was free basing Grecian at the time.  We had the biggest o-line in the NFL or damned close to it.  The o-line should be able to fall forward and an rb should gain positive yardage.  I have always thought that Willis was a bad pick.  Rb's are a dime a dozen.  Remember that Thermal was a later pick.  Larry Johnson would have been awesome.  Would not be opposed to seeing Jamal Lewis in a Bills uniform.  He had an off year--prison will do that for you.  When will coaches that we hire understand that Buffalo is a COLD WEATHER team.  We must establish the run and the only way to do that is to get an o-line that performs. Would love a o-line scheme like the Steeler's-so would every other team. We did that when Marv was coaching.  We had one of the best rb combos in NFL history--Davis and Thermal, not to mention a very unheralded o-line with the ultimtae leader at center-Hull.  Why the hell didn't Gates get any reps?  The qb for this team should have few responsibilities.  Hand the ball off to the left side.  Hand the ball off to the right side.  Hand the ball off so the rb can go up the middle.  Make a correct to open wr be it long or short.  Basically we need a qb who will not be asked to win the game, just don't lose it.  Look at the Dolphins this year.  JP needs to close his pie hole, stop thinking and just play football.  Evans looks to be a stud very soon.  Will Moulds stay?  We have no TE worth a damn.  The TE situation will change.  Kelly would have been dismal without Metz to dump the ball off to.

Defensively we need DT's and a CB to likely replace Clements.  Would love to see Clements go the Skins for Arrington.  We switch to a 3-4 with the following LB's:Crowell,Spikes,Fletcher,Arrington, and Posey for a rotation.  Draft a big and mean NT-Ngata- or sign Ted Washington.  Be nice to do both.  The d-line would be Kelsay, Schobel, and NT's Can Anderson Or Edwards handle the 3-4?  The only time the Bills were a powerhouse on defense was when we played the 3-4.

Time fo rmore Cabo Wabo-like I said I am merely test tasting it for quality control and medicinal purposes only.

Anyway that is my rant.

590145[/snapback]

Right on, bro.

It is my birthday and I have been sampling tequila for quality control and medicinal purposes until my wife gets home.  I are 42.  That being said, I have been saying for a long time that football is not a complicated game.  The team that dominates or controls the line of scrimmage will win the game.  If the Ravens can win a Super Bowl with Dilfer and the Giants can win with Hostedtler, anyone can win it all.  This up and coming draft we need to address the o-line.  We can also alleviate our problems via free agency.  I would be happy with a draft that consisted of o-line and d-line personnel only.  Think about it.  The Pats-I live in Maine and miss the wings and zweigle's dogs-don't exactly have anybody in the secondary that scare anyone.  Especially now that Harrison is likely to retire.  The Pats RB's are average at best.  Their o-lines and d-lines dictate the game.  Despite all their injuries they were still a very good team.  I will say this--beware the Pats next season.  They will be one hungry team and everyone will be healthy.  I see Dillon having a monster season and retiring.

Until we get serious about the line of scrimmage--we will suck.  Does anyone know if Preston can play center at the NFL level?  I remember all the hype about Geislinger--has he played at all?  Same for MacFarland?  Mike Williams and Anderson suck.  I see them gone. Teague is not the answer at center.  Villarial is getting old.  Drafting Roscoe still bamboozles me.  I believe TD was free basing Grecian at the time.  We had the biggest o-line in the NFL or damned close to it.  The o-line should be able to fall forward and an rb should gain positive yardage.  I have always thought that Willis was a bad pick.  Rb's are a dime a dozen.  Remember that Thermal was a later pick.  Larry Johnson would have been awesome.  Would not be opposed to seeing Jamal Lewis in a Bills uniform.  He had an off year--prison will do that for you.  When will coaches that we hire understand that Buffalo is a COLD WEATHER team.  We must establish the run and the only way to do that is to get an o-line that performs. Would love a o-line scheme like the Steeler's-so would every other team. We did that when Marv was coaching.  We had one of the best rb combos in NFL history--Davis and Thermal, not to mention a very unheralded o-line with the ultimtae leader at center-Hull.  Why the hell didn't Gates get any reps?  The qb for this team should have few responsibilities.  Hand the ball off to the left side.  Hand the ball off to the right side.  Hand the ball off so the rb can go up the middle.  Make a correct to open wr be it long or short.  Basically we need a qb who will not be asked to win the game, just don't lose it.  Look at the Dolphins this year.  JP needs to close his pie hole, stop thinking and just play football.  Evans looks to be a stud very soon.  Will Moulds stay?  We have no TE worth a damn.  The TE situation will change.  Kelly would have been dismal without Metz to dump the ball off to.

Defensively we need DT's and a CB to likely replace Clements.  Would love to see Clements go the Skins for Arrington.  We switch to a 3-4 with the following LB's:Crowell,Spikes,Fletcher,Arrington, and Posey for a rotation.  Draft a big and mean NT-Ngata- or sign Ted Washington.  Be nice to do both.  The d-line would be Kelsay, Schobel, and NT's Can Anderson Or Edwards handle the 3-4?  The only time the Bills were a powerhouse on defense was when we played the 3-4.

Time fo rmore Cabo Wabo-like I said I am merely test tasting it for quality control and medicinal purposes only.

Anyway that is my rant.

590145[/snapback]

Exactly!

(Happy Natal Anniversary.)

Guest BackInDaDay

Happy Birthday, nuklz!

Agree with everything except the 3-4 because I don't think our DEs can hold the corner long enough to get out OLBs upfield. But hey, you're probably asleep by now anyway, so whaddayou care! :(

This post points out several things:

1) The need for paragraphs.

2) The poster has a good sense of humor.

3) The guy is blasted on tequilla. He is not a GM; just a fan having a good time on his 42nd birthday, and HE knows what is wrong with our beloved franchise! I don't agree wih all of his comments, but one struck me.

When WILL Bills management wake up and realize that the Bills are a cold weather team and draft accordingly? :( The man is right; the problems on this team are staring us right in the face. So are the solutions imo.

I am glad that changes were made, because I would rather have this guy and a bottle of tequilla representing the Bills on Draft Day than whoever was responsible for the Parrish pick.

Guest BackInDaDay
I am glad that changes were made, because I would rather have this guy and a bottle of tequilla representing the Bills on Draft Day than whoever was responsible for the Parrish pick.

590644[/snapback]

I'll drink to that! 0:)

This post points out several things:

1) The need for paragraphs.

2) The poster has a good sense of humor.

3) The guy is blasted on tequilla. He is not a GM; just a fan having a good time on his 42nd birthday, and HE knows what is wrong with our beloved franchise! I don't agree wih all of his comments, but one struck me.

When WILL Bills management wake up and realize that the Bills are a cold weather team and draft accordingly?  0:) The man is right; the problems on this team are staring us right in the face. So are the solutions imo.

590644[/snapback]

You and about half the other fans. Of those who suggested the pick, two are still here, Tyke and Modrak. The two that actually MADE the pick are gone, thank goodness.

I would have LOVED to be a fly on the wall during the last draft:

"Heads a WR, tails TE"

Heads tall possession, tail quick little shifty guy.

Heads Miami, tails Maimi.

I bet they were doing some tequilla too in that War Room, OR free basing Geacian (SP???). Who knows, maybe both.

I now remember why tequila is not something I indulge in too often.  I think I did done broke my brain stem or was that my stink bone?

591486[/snapback]

Ya done fine. Perhaps you should drink it more often. BUT, remember:

White

Space

I am not remembering mentioning anything about drafting Vince Young. Must have been suffering from withdrawal or was it my Wild Turkey night--both could produce episodes of delirious mumbling. Something like homina, homina, homina!!