Interesting article regarding Buffalo's weather

For all of you out-of-towners soaking up the sun in the south and west, you may want to consider that Buffalo has been a real hotbed recently. After one of the warmest summers on record, January was rarely below 32 degrees, and it seemed was in the 40's and 50's for days and weeks at a time.

Buffalo News Article

Interesting:

After remaining unfrozen in only two of the 50 winters prior to 1996-97, the lake has remained unfrozen in two winters since, according to National Weather Service meteorologist Steve McLaughlin, who said this winter has a good chance to be the third.

The first week or so of February is projected to be back into more normal, colder temperatures. Hopefully that will not equate to a huge dumping of the ole lake effect.

usually in this area, it is generally around -30 degrees celcius (5F) which is extremely cold but it has been mild at around -4 degrees celcius (31F). That is not normal. The mildest winter i've ever been through.

usually in this area, it is generally around -30 degrees celcius (5F)  which is extremely cold but it has been mild at around -4 degrees celcius (31F).  That is not normal.  The mildest winter i've ever been through.

589689[/snapback]

Where did you get your conversion from?

If 32'F = 0'C How can 31'F = -4'C?

-4'C = 24.8'F according to a conversion calculator I have and -30'C = -22'F

Where did you get your conversion from?

If 32'F = 0'C How can 31'F = -4'C?

-4'C = 24.8'F according to a conversion calculator I have and -30'C = -22'F

592163[/snapback]

dunno, i must have made a mistake in the calculations, anyway in january it averages -22'F and lower and it has been rather mild lately.

hopefully it does...i can't stand all this rain...my dogs are tearing up the backyard and the lack of snow keeps me from hitting the slopes

589579[/snapback]

Ski man, the slopes make their own. Was back at HV a couple of weeks ago it was the best spring skiing I've ever done.