Anyone Feeling good after Bledsoe's rant?

DeeRay

Wow, yesterday's Bledsoe rant in front of the press is the most he's probably ever been fired up in his entire life. Too bad he can't get that fired up during a game. Perhaps if he did, he'd complete a meaningful pass, avoid a sack, and even possibly be dangerous in the red zone.

Alas, though... he is Drew Bledsoe... the same ole, same ole. There is always some mechanical excuse fro his piss poor play.... feet not set, weight not distributed properly, not gripping the ball correctly, taking too many hits, eating his cornflakes with a fork instead of a spoon, his shoelaces didn't match, the 4 second clock wasn't running, yada, yada, yada.

Are we all really this stupid? or does Drew just think we're all this stupid?

My God, are we all supposed to sup of this koolaid?

Does anyone believe Drew is going to magically perform up to the level of a barely adequate QB? Does anyone feel any better after his rant to the press?

Does anyone believe Drew is going to magically perform up to the level of a barely adequate QB?  Does anyone feel any better after his rant to the press?

42854[/snapback]

I believe this bye week couldn't have come at a better time. Mularkey and company will band together and become a TEAM, something that wasn't apparent for 2 weeks. The bye week will help this team gel. I feel alot better after his rant.

Wow, yesterday's Bledsoe rant in front of the press is the most he's probably ever been fired up in his entire life.  Too bad he can't get that fired up during a game.  Perhaps if he did, he'd complete a meaningful pass, avoid a sack, and even possibly be dangerous in the red zone.

Alas, though... he is Drew Bledsoe... the same ole, same ole.  There is always some mechanical excuse fro his piss poor play.... feet not set, weight not distributed properly, not gripping the ball correctly, taking too many hits, eating his cornflakes with a fork instead of a spoon, his shoelaces didn't match, the 4 second clock wasn't running, yada, yada, yada.

Are we all really this stupid?  or does Drew just think we're all this stupid?

My God, are we all supposed to sup of this koolaid?

Does anyone believe Drew is going to magically perform up to the level of a barely adequate QB?  Does anyone feel any better after his rant to the press?

42854[/snapback]

It is a little disconcerning to hear a vet say he has to remember to set his feet after getting hit. That tells me he's scared. Doesn't he have enough things to think about than that, like running the offense?

Why is it so hard for people to understand one basic concept:

Eliminate a Vilarrial hold and/or knock down a fourth & 15 bomb...punch Henry into the endzone on 4th and 1...stop holding penalties that put us in 3rd & long ad nauseum, and we're 2-0 and ALL of this repetitive Bledsoe crap is gone.

But no. DB = RJ.

I wonder what Billy Jo Hobert is doing these days... :rolleyes:

It is a little disconcerning to hear a vet say he has to remember to set his feet after getting hit. That tells me he's scared. Doesn't he have enough things to think about than that, like running the offense?

42877[/snapback]

I agree. That's what it comes down to - he's playing scared due to the mauling he's gotten over the last 2 years. The other thing is, he's got so many people telling him how to play the position that it's not coming naturally anymore. Alarm clock, set the feet, follow through, go through the progressions: all these things are running through his mind every time he drops back. These are things that a first or second year qb goes through. Just ridiculous at this stage in his career. I've always given DB the benefit of the doubt, but my patience has just about run out. All the fiery talk is great but let's see it on the field.

Bills guard Chris Villarrial said Bledsoe's conviction is just as evident behind the scenes as it was with the media.

"Trust me, Drew's in there screaming his head off," Villarrial said. "I feel bad for Drew right now. As a unit we need to step our game up right now and protect him better."

why have I never seen him scream his head off...that would make me feel better...

I hope some of the OTHER slackers realize how pissed Drew is and start picking up their play. Like I said in another post, the early 90's Bills greats weren't great because of Jim Kelly, they were great because they WANTED to be great on their own. They complemented each other and made the whole greater than the sum of the parts (except in the SB). And believe me, when Drew is on, you do NOT want to be a defender. Drew with a line like Kelly had would make opposing DC's and players sterile.

I believe this bye week couldn't have come at a better time.  Mularkey and company will band together and become a TEAM, something that wasn't apparent for 2 weeks.  The bye week will help this team gel.  I feel alot better after his rant.

42865[/snapback]

Well, I'm hopeful, but if I had got a nickel for everytime the 1990-2002 Bengals said things would improve after the bye week, I'd have 65 cents. :rolleyes:

He can rant to the press all he wants, but all the matters is how he plays on gameday. Who cares if he tells the press to take a flying f***, kicks TD in the nuts for not making the line better, chews out TH for not picking up the blitz, etc....

Makes for good reading and thats about it!

It doesn't change my opinion of him and how I think he will play this year. I've already gone on record, but I will state it again...DB will have a couple of very good games, he will have some average games like week 1 and he will have more stinkers like in week 2. Just my opinion.....He will NEVER lead this club to the SB.

Why is it so hard for people to understand one basic concept:

Eliminate a Vilarrial hold and/or knock down a fourth & 15 bomb...punch Henry into the endzone on 4th and 1...stop holding penalties that put us in 3rd & long ad nauseum, and we're 2-0 and ALL of this repetitive Bledsoe crap is gone.

But no. DB = RJ.

I wonder what Billy Jo Hobert is doing these days... :rolleyes:

42932[/snapback]

The record may be better, but that doesn't change how ineffective Bledsoe has been.

Losing these games may actually force MM to address the problems caused by teh Bledsoe Factor and not have them masked by Ws.

I agree.  That's what it comes down to - he's playing scared due to the mauling he's gotten over the last 2 years.  The other thing is, he's got so many people telling him how to play the position that it's not coming naturally anymore.  Alarm clock, set the feet, follow through, go through the progressions:  all these things are running through his mind every time he drops back.  These are things that a first or second year qb goes through.  Just ridiculous at this stage in his career.  I've always given DB the benefit of the doubt, but my patience has just about run out.  All the fiery talk is great but let's see it on the field.

42933[/snapback]

Sorry, but I saw a prime example of his guts the other day when he escaped a certain sack dumped the ball off for what should have been a first down(dropped) and got crushed by a defensive lineman after releasing the ball. Not playing scared.

This same thing happens every year. Our joke of an offense (particularly the OL and in this case, the QB) complain about the heat they're taking, and get sick of the "demanding" fans and the big bad evil media beating them up all the time.

They'll come out with an inspired performance after a bunch of lackluster showings (usually at home, usually against an overrated NFC team) so that they can sit in the post-game locker room after the game saying "I told you so" and "we're not as bad as you guys are saying and we proved it!".

Then, they go back to sucking as usual the following week. The Redskins seem to fill this roll beautifully every time we play them. This year, the Rams game is the likely candidate to be that game; although it'd be nice if it was the Pats game.

Until these players learn to play with a chip on their shoulder EVERY week, this team is never going anywhere.

I've already gone on record, but I will state it again...DB will have a couple of very good games, he will have a some average games like week 1 and he will have more stinkers like in week 2. 

43028[/snapback]

Really going out on a limb there aren't ya? Some good games, some ok games and some bad games. Hmmm.... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Guest Guesteroo

Are you guys out of your minds?

Just because DB gets a little "uppity" with the press you guys think it's a great thing and he'll really be a different player during the next game.

Get real. His ridiculously garbage play had lasted since the second half of his first season here. And because he became un-comatose with the media, you guys think he'll be a brand new QB come the next game?

There was a post a while back that suggested we have a not so bright fan base (the wave when our offense had the ball). I didn't believe it then, but this kind of post is really making me reconsider.