Is Ralph cheap? I mean, really cheap?

eball

Because there are few coaches that fans will flock to a stadium, to pay see on the sidelines.  They will, however, pay money to see great players, even on a losing team.

586247[/snapback]

I'm not saying that's not true but unless you have great leaders on both sides of the ball your going to need a Parcells, Cower, Vermeil etc. (motivators) If you notice Chuck Knox was the only coach that I can remember that was a proven winner that Ralph hired and he got the most out of his players. He didn't have the most talented group of players in the league but they were a solid team that made a run.

i can see how you might reach that conclusion (and you may be right)...but that conclusion does not necessarily follow.

Chuck Knox was a big mane in his time.  He was at the Marty S. level, or above.

Again, I agree you should get the best person available.  The assumption is that we hire less than we want to saye $.  It could also be Ralph can't tell a good coach from a bad one, so why pay more for something when you can't see the reason why.  (That's the "doesn't know s#it from shinola" argument.)

I would have to believe that the extra $ the team makes in the playoffs would off-set a coaching pay difference...but, I don't know this for a fact.  If that's the case, "being cheap" may be costing Ralph $$$.  If he's throwing away money, how can you call him cheap?  :ph34r:  (Kidding)

Your assumption that higher pay = better results, however, is horribly, terribly, unmercifully flawed.  But, I would guess, on average, coaches who make big $ do better than coaches who make little $.  Knowing which ones before the fact is the real trick.  My guess is the $ doesn't make them better.  For example, my company could have hired someone for three times what they are paying me and would have received someone FAR worse at the job than I (guaranteed!).

586198[/snapback]

Unmercifully flawed? But then you guess, on average, that coaches who make more money do better than coaches who don't? So, my conclusion is flawed but yet you agree with me...hmmm...a tad confusing.

Usually you don't pay someone a pile of dough unless they have proven results beforehand, hence, they're paid more money. Just because you're underpaid doesn't in the slightest make what I said wrong.

Ralph has paid coordinators good money in the past. Unfortunatley, it was for a head coaching position :lol:

Extra ticket revenue too little for Bills to hire top coaches

(January 26, 2006) — It is impossible to criticize a slight hike in Buffalo Bills ticket prices for the 2006 season when they are still are the cheapest seats on average in the NFL.

Unfortunately, it seems quite likely that owner Ralph Wilson Jr. isn't using any of that added revenue to hire a head coach and coordinators with glowing credentials and hefty salaries.

It doesn't help the reputation of the Bills when the team fires head coaches and they land on their feet making more money as offensive (Mike Mularkey) and defensive coodinators (Wade Phillips and Gregg Williams) elsewhere.

Yo momma so fat...

Wait...wrong thread.  Sorry

586304[/snapback]

I have no time for fat jokes because ...

I’m busier than a busy person.

I’m busier than a grave robber at Forrest’s Lawn.

I’m busier than a set of jumper cables at a Puerto Rican wedding

I’m busier than a one-armed wallpaper hanger with hives

I’m busier than a podiatrically challenged person of indeterminate gender at a butt-kicking contest.

I’m busier than a frog on a log

I’m busier than a sea serpent at a boat show

I’m busier than a tick laying eggs

I’m busier than a beaver in a lake of coffee

If Ralph was truely cheap he would refuse to allow head coaches to bring in newcoaches unless they could guarentee coaches who were replaced would have their salary will be paid elsewhere. A lot of fans wanted Ralph to pony up for that Florida coach $purrier who $nyder paid $5M a year for and coached only two years despite being paid for 5. Money DOES NOT automatically equal quality.

Ralph probably is willing to pay less than some fans want him to but a lot of fans want to pay less Ralph wants them to on tickets, concessions, parking, etc. Each need to manage their own money their own way.

I've been thinking about this <cheap> for a couple of weeks, but I can't find any opinions on the topic <cheap>.  It seems as though the Bills should <cheap> be able to get some good coaches in here, but maybe Ralph is <cheap> cheap and doesn't want to pay them enough?  I don't know; I could really use some <cheap> insight here.

:doh:

586038[/snapback]

well i remember one evening me ralph and td went out for drinks and he left me with the bill :doh: