Bates Declining Bills DC Job Offer!!

D' men

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's the thing.  What Bates is asking for is likely to be more than what Jauron is making, and that can't happen.

585334[/snapback]

I agree Bates seems to be a money guy. Is it possible to hire Bates and he and Jauron not know each others salaries? The Bills don't publicly release this info, but do they privately in house discuss salaries? Where I work I don't know my co-wokers salaries.

City, weather, team...these are his complaints coming from Green Bay?

585281[/snapback]

It's all perception. People in New England, a place where it often gets well below zero, tell me they wouldn't live in Buffalo because of the weather! :lol:

He probably talked to Sherman about the Bills. Sherman, having had a bad experience recently, tells Bates not to join the Bills. Seems pretty obvious to me.

PTR

I agree Bates seems to be a money guy.  Is it possible to hire Bates and he and Jauron not know each others salaries? The Bills don't publicly release this info, but do they privately in house discuss salaries? Where I work I don't know my co-wokers salaries.

585505[/snapback]

The Bills might not publicly discuss salaries but agents sure do. Since Juron is very involved in the hiring proces I am sure that he will have an inkling or two on how much they offer Jim Bates.

Perhaps they could sweeten the deal by giving him a little less than Juron and an assistant HC title, like they did when they brought LeBeau in to help Sir-Blitz-A-Lot Jerry Gray.

If I were a high profile type of defensive coordinator, I don't think I'd want to go to a team with a head coach with a strong defensive background as I'm sure I wouldn''t be a free to run the entire defensive as I choose. Just as it's been reported that DJ is giving Fairchild freedom on the offensive side, it likely would be somewhat the opposite for the DC whomever he is.

In that respect, it would make more sense for Bates to go to Houston with Kubiak. More likely the Bill's will pick up a defensive position coach who shows promise as their DC. It would be good for him to learn from a guy like DJ. Thats likely the best you'll do regardless of how much money you throw at him.

Conversely, if the Bill's had selected Sherman as HC, then Bates would have been a better fit.

But we'll see.

I don't like to rip Ralph, but can somebody explain to me the logic of being cheap with coaches?

The salary cap is how many tens of millions of dollars? Obviously we have shown a desire to win by spending close to the limit on players. WTF is another 400K or even a mill for a coach? Can't he raise that much scratch in his sleep? Can't they make that much in a season by raising the price of hot dogs by 50 cents? I never understood this.

It's all perception.  People in New England, a place where it often gets well below zero, tell me they wouldn't live in Buffalo because f the weather!  <_<

He probably talked to Sherman about the Bills.  Sherman, having had a bad experience recently, tells Bates not to join the Bills.  Seems pretty obvious to me.

PTR

585508[/snapback]

Buffalo weather is pretty atrocious... I lived there for 7 years, and you really don't realize how sheety and depressing it is until you get away. Not seeing the sun for 85 out of 100 days is pretty rough.

I don't suppose this could have been said in one of the other 500 threads about Bates. <_<

585523[/snapback]

Nope! 

We all need attention!!!1111!!!1!!!1!

585525[/snapback]

LOOK AT MEEEEEE!!!!

:devil:  ;)

585526[/snapback]

SOME FOLKS JUST NEED TO BE SCHOOLED IN THE FINER ARTS OF POSTING....