Sabres just whooped Toronto

Puhonix is a disaster.  I don't even have anything to say.  Something just seems absolutely foul about supporting BOTH the Fins AND the Queefs.  I'm at a loss for words.

585516[/snapback]

tell me about it. i dont know how a mexican comes to liek hockey itself, let alone the maple laffs.

Maybe i should re-think who i associate with. puhonix is a leafs fan, and my girlfriend is a flyers fan. <_<

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The injuries the Leafs are living with right now would be like the Sabs missing Brier, McKee and Drury all at the same time for an extended period. The Leafs are missing their best two forwards and arguably, one of the best D man in the league. There is no arguing that McCabe is the Leafs MVP. It shows every night without him.

585547[/snapback]

First of all, Numminen is probably our top defender, and a huge part of our power play success (even though he only gets assists). Thus, for the Sabres, missing him is almost (but not quite) like the Leafs missing McCabe. Second of all, Briere was the top scorer when he went down with an injury, and Connolly was the top scorer when he went down. I'd take Briere and Connolly any day of the week over Lindros and Tucker. So yes, the Sabres injuries are worse than the Leafs, we just have the depth to make up for it.

Thats not the same. Numminen just went down last night and last night was the first game without Connoly. The Leafs have been without these guys for some time. Tucker has probably been the most consistent Leaf forward this year so losing him was bigger than most people might think. The Leafs also lost their second best d man during the game last night in Aki Berg. Although, he is a piece of garbage but he was their second best piece of garbage at the time.

Now then, At this point in their respective carreers I would be all too happy to be rolling with Brier and Connoly over the Leafs.

Thats not the same. Numminen just went down last night and last night was the first game without Connoly. The Leafs have been without these guys for some time. Tucker has probably been the most consistent Leaf forward this year so losing him was bigger than most people might think. The Leafs also lost their second best d man during the game last night in Aki Berg. Although, he is a piece of garbage but he was their second best piece of garbage at the time.

Now then, At this point in their respective carreers I would be all too happy to be rolling with Brier and Connoly over the Leafs.

585777[/snapback]

The 2nd best D-guy in the Leafs is really nothing to write home about (defensively that is).

IMO the Leafs defense, besides McCabe is PUTRID, and is one of the biggest pitfalls of this team, and has been for quite some time.

Very talented forwards, good toughness, good goaltending, putrid defense (and Im not talking about goals and assists for defesemen either)

And losing Briere has been a big loss, do not underestimate that loss because he isnt a #1 overall pick and has seen better days like Big E.

Very talented forwards, good toughness, good goaltending, putrid defense (and Im not talking about goals and assists for defesemen either)

And losing Briere has been a big loss, do not underestimate that loss because he isnt a #1 overall pick and has seen better days like Big E.

585811[/snapback]

I agree mostly with what you say except for: I think Brier's best days are ahead of him in the new NHL.

The Leafs have not had good goaltending this year, in fact Eddie has mostly stunk.

The talent level is so so up front.

But I really disagree about the toughness aspect. The Leafs are no longer a tough team. With Roberts gone this year it shows more than ever. Domi is and always has been a chump. But at least he would hit and mix it up. No more. I guess he has hit the wall because he rarely even throws a check anymore and doesn't think he should fight. With good reason I might add, time has caught up to him and he gets his ass whooped.

They are the worst team ever! <_< But I will continue to hope that the they make playoffs, beat Ottawa as usual and then give us that magic we had back when the Sabres made their last finals appearance. That was unforgetable fun!

tell me about it. i dont know how a mexican comes to liek hockey itself, let alone the maple laffs.

Maybe i should re-think who i associate with. puhonix is a leafs fan, and my girlfriend is a flyers fan.  <_<

585648[/snapback]

heh!

My brother in law is a fish fan.

You can't get any worse than that.

As a loyal, and lifelong fan of the Bills who happens to have grown up just outside of Toronto, and is also a lifelong Maple Leafs fan I find this thread disheartening.

I am not going to criticize any poster or anything like that, and please dont mistake this for whining or complaining. Simply pointing out that there are a great many fans of the Bills who hail from the Toronto area.

All the best to the Sabres as they are having a great year.

Cheers,

Chris

As a loyal, and lifelong fan of the Bills who happens to have grown up just outside of Toronto, and is also a lifelong Maple Leafs fan I find this thread disheartening.

I am not going to criticize any poster or anything like that, and please dont mistake this for whining or complaining.  Simply pointing out that there are a great many fans of the Bills who hail from the Toronto area.

Cheers,

Chris

585901[/snapback]

Don't take it too seriously. If you are around here in Sept/Oct it is kind of fun to watch the Bills/Yankees fans and the Bills/Red Sox fans bludgeon each other...

I am not going to criticize any poster or anything like that, and please dont mistake this for whining or complaining.  Simply pointing out that there are a great many fans of the Bills who hail from the Toronto area.

Cheers,

Chris

585901[/snapback]

Thanks for the well wishes for the Sabres <_<

Well its like this, there are a lot of Bills fans here who hail from the NYC area who like the Yankees and the Yankees fans get ripped to shreads. Same goes for the Mets. It kind of goes with the territory.

My issues with some, and not all Toronto fans, is this feeling of "we are so much better then you, you Buffalo fans are second class". Sure there are some Sabres or Bills fans who arent the sharpest tools in the shed, but I cannot stand it when Buffalo fans are all grouped together with one label. And believe me Ive met my share of trashy Leafs fans over the years too, as well as very good fans, as you seem to be one of those good fans.

And Toronto fans love to point out about how the Sabres have not won the Stanley Cup. Sabres have been in existance since 1970. The Stanley Cup score is 0-0 between the Sabres at the Leafs. 1967, the Sabres werent even in EXISTANCE. So how is that relevant to comparing the Sabres to the Leafs?

Cheers,

Chris

585901[/snapback]

Are you kidding me? As a loyal and lifelong fan of the bills who happens to have grown up IN Toronto and is now a loyal and and lifelong resident of Western New York but will forever remain a loyal and lifelong Leafs fan, I want to ask you something, what is your real name? Mike Mularkey? <_<

This is nothing more than a good healthy hatred between two teams fans. Come to a Leafs Sabres game in Buffalo and then you might get this.

But what does your line about pointing out that there are a great many Bills fans who hail from T.O. mean?

Hi Clements,

I am sorry about your negative experience with some Toronto fans. Though I am sure many of us have had bad expereinces with fans from a wide variety of teams.

I am more of a reader of posts here than a poster, and I love to read the comments on football because as you are likely aware many people here do not play much football and so its quite educational and interesting.

Anyways - like I said I wasnt trying to complain, but as Bills fans we need to stay as positive as possible and keep united so we can move the franchise back to the Glory Years - go Bills!

Cheers,

Chris

My issues with some, and not all Toronto fans, is this feeling of "we are so much better then you, you Buffalo fans are second class". 

Sure there are some Sabres or Bills fans who arent the sharpest tools in the shed,And believe me Ive met my share of trashy Leafs fans over the years too, as well as very good fans, as you seem to be one of those good fans.

And Toronto fans love to point out about how the Sabres have not won the Stanley Cup.  Sabres have been in existance since 1970. 

585919[/snapback]

1) We are

2) I am probabably a nice trashy Leaf fan you have met

3) The last Leafs Sabres game I went to here, I had a guy screaming 1967 in my ear all night long. I finally had to ask him when I had had enough, HOW MANY CUPS HAVE YOU WON?!!!!

Leafs Sabres games in Buffalo is some of the best entertainment you get for your money anywhere. And that goes for both sides.

Hi Clements,

I am sorry about your negative experience with some Toronto fans.

Anyways - like I said I wasnt trying to complain, but as Bills fans we need to stay as positive as possible and keep united so we can move the franchise back to the Glory Years - go Bills!

Cheers,

Chris

585929[/snapback]

The first line is so Canadian! It starts off with I'm sorry :devil:

The second line again makes me want to ask if you are Mike Mularkey?

Lastly I don't think anyone will understand your user name. Is it that you are a liberal conservative? <_<

Welcome to this board it's fantastic! It's also not for the faint of heart

1) We are

2) I am probabably a nice trashy Leaf fan you have met

3) The last Leafs Sabres game I went to here, I had a guy screaming  1967 in my ear all night long. I finally had to ask him when I had had enough, HOW MANY CUPS HAVE YOU WON?!!!!

Leafs Sabres games in Buffalo is some of the best entertainment you get for your money anywhere. And that goes for both sides.

585930[/snapback]

How are Sabres fans 2nd class? Explain...maybe because the Sabres do not buy overaged players and have a city what, 5X the size of Buffalo so of course the fan base is larger? You better be able to sell out that arena EVERY GAME if you ask me based on the size of that city...

Do you feel a sense of entitlement because your team is an Original 6 team or something? Please...

And dont get me wrong, I enjoy the atmosphere in Toronto for hockey, the passion is great, so what if your fans bring a lot of fans to Buffalo for games? Doesnt make Buffalo fans 2nd rate, sorry.

Still not making excuses but...  <_<  The injuries the Leafs are living with right now would be like the Sabs missing Brier, McKee and Drury all at the same time for an extended period. The Leafs are missing their best two forwards and arguably, one of the best D man in the league. There is no arguing that McCabe is the Leafs MVP. It shows every night without him.

585547[/snapback]

Uhm...not to quibble but we played w/o Briere (our best player), Connolly (our #2 scorer), Mair (our Darcy Tucker), Teppo Numminen (our #1 offensive defenseman) last night and this was Dumont's second game back after 2 months. For the love of God, at one point we'd gotten all the way down to Jiri Novotny, the next call was to Jody Gage I swear...

BTW, if Lindros and Tucker are two of a team's best forwards they need better forwards. McCabe is the man though.

Clements, I keed I keed!

Listen much like Buffalo and it's fans, Toronto has always had an inferiority complex and that gets taken out on a local and close by place, like Buff. The verbal abuse that each side gives each other is fantastic.

By the way, the worst fans at a Bills game are??? Canadians!

Please ignore my posts if they offend you.