Would you make this trade?

1gap2gap

Sorry about my posts above. Just was'nt in a good mood at the time. My appologies to the thread starter and everyone who read it.

584996[/snapback]

That's all right, we all have our moments. your a stand up guy. :)

Well that's if your a guy --- if your not a guy your still a stand up something! 0:)

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

St Louis -  3 rd round pick this year and Ryan Fiztpatrick QB.

I would in a heartbeat.

Fairchild thinks Fitzpatrick can run his offense in the future. Holcomb can run it now.

What do you think?

584319[/snapback]

He is a three year of contract so Bills would need to sign a long term contract at decent price first couple of years. Bills game will depend on defense not offense next couple of years until OL is built up.

Thats is the dumbest thing I ever heard. JP for Fitzpatrick who wasnt even drafted and a 3rd round pick? The Bills would be getting ripped off.

584338[/snapback]

Dumb as calling a drafted player undrafted?

Seventh round pick, Position: 36

http://www.nflpa.org/Members/playerProfile.asp?ID=37279

Thats is the dumbest thing I ever heard. JP for Fitzpatrick who wasnt even drafted and a 3rd round pick? The Bills would be getting ripped off.

Don't let the Fitz's first appearance with the Rams deceive you. The following week he went out and threw 4 picks if my mind serves me right.

For one it wont happen because its a crazy idea. Two if they did do it. I would totally flip out. JP has all the tools. He just needs time. My goodness some of you people are on crack and are way too impatient.

584338[/snapback]

Some people think the NFL is just like trading cards or fantasy league. :lol:

PTR

Of course we know better.  J P will take too long to mature before he is a franchise QB.  Very much like Jake Plummer.  :lol:

584343[/snapback]

Aww yes i forgot to publicly congratulate Jake for not going Old-School Jake and absolutely blowing up in a pressure situation

Some people think the NFL is just like trading cards or fantasy league.  :doh:

PTR

585119[/snapback]

I bet your just a barrel of laughs around the house! :lol:

If you don't like the post then don't bother to answer it. Your right I don't believe that everything that is talked about on this board happens in real life.

So shoot me for suggesting that a robot should think for himself. How foolish of me. :):lol::lol:

I bet your just a barrel of laughs around the house!  :lol:

If you don't like the post then don't bother to answer it. Your right I don't believe that everything that is talked about on this board happens in real life.

So shoot me for suggesting that a robot should think for himself.  How foolish of me.  :)  :lol:  :lol:

585357[/snapback]

Well, if you ask people what they think (and you did), I think you've been around the board long enough to know people will give people pretty candid (and sometimes scathing) answers.

Think about what you're proposing here, too. We haven't seen much of a return on our investment in JP Losman (which was 2 first-day picks and a 5th rounder). But, we've only really given him 8-9 games. Not enough for most QBs to prove themselves. This would be a seriously reactionary move that would only be good if we knew something the Rams didn't (JP is a pot-head and about to get busted, JP's injuries are far worse than anyone else knows). We'd essentially be trading one inexperienced QB for another, and losing a first round pick in the process.

You have to let an investment like a first-round pick mature. Losman has really only had one and a half seasons at a position where it takes up to 4 years to mature (and note that we'd likely have to wait just as long for Fitzpatrick to fully put it together). Big Ben and Brady are huge exceptions. A trade like this would mean chaos for OBD's public image -- a sign of throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

IMO, there's a reason fans are pretty candidly critical of your post -- it would be another sign of instability and loss on investment for a team. We need neither.

Aww yes i forgot to publicly congratulate Jake for not going Old-School Jake and absolutely blowing up in a pressure situation

585224[/snapback]

Can we give some credit to that Steelers defense and to LeBeau for rebuilding

a unit that was in shambles after a 5-11 season......They have taken out

Carson palmer, Peyton Manning and Jake plummer all in their own backyard...

Give that defense some Props..

Well, if you ask people what they think (and you did), I think you've been around the board long enough to know people will give people pretty candid (and sometimes scathing) answers.

Think about what you're proposing here, too.  We haven't seen much of a return on our investment in JP Losman (which was 2 first-day picks and a 5th rounder).  But, we've only really given him 8-9 games.  Not enough for most QBs to prove themselves.  This would be a seriously reactionary move that would only be good if we knew something the Rams didn't (JP is a pot-head and about to get busted, JP's injuries are far worse than anyone else knows).  We'd essentially be trading one inexperienced QB for another, and losing a first round pick in the process.

You have to let an investment like a first-round pick mature.  Losman has really only had one and a half seasons at a position where it takes up to 4 years to mature (and note that we'd likely have to wait just as long for Fitzpatrick to fully put it together).  Big Ben and Brady are huge exceptions.  A trade like this would mean chaos for OBD's public image -- a sign of throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

IMO, there's a reason fans are pretty candidly critical of your post -- it would be another sign of instability and loss on investment for a team.  We need neither.

585374[/snapback]

A well thought out post. :) You have to agree, that is a lot better then the other clowns who just post to abuse and intiminate other people from posting on what they must consider to be thier own personal board.

I've gone through a lot of post on this board over the years and it ---SEEMS LIKE SOME ----of the people on this board have decided that if they don't agree with you - they have the right to abuse you, call you names and try to intiminate you from posting.

Let me suggest to the rest of you who feel this way. If you disagree and think the post or thread is stupid then don't bother to post. That is the quickest way to get your point across. Insulting people and suggesting that the post is moronic, or stupid, or any other name that you might think of is just abuse and intimination. Especially comming from you guys who have posted for years.

If you want to make this your own personal board with just your thoughts and nobody else's then do a Blog. That's just my opinon! :lol:

Thank you again for a well thought out post to this thread. :lol:

Think about what you're proposing here, too.  We haven't seen much of a return on our investment in JP Losman (which was 2 first-day picks and a 5th rounder).  But, we've only really given him 8-9 games.  Not enough for most QBs to prove themselves.  This would be a seriously reactionary move that would only be good if we knew something the Rams didn't (JP is a pot-head and about to get busted, JP's injuries are far worse than anyone else knows).  We'd essentially be trading one inexperienced QB for another, and losing a first round pick in the process.

You have to let an investment like a first-round pick mature.  Losman has really only had one and a half seasons at a position where it takes up to 4 years to mature (and note that we'd likely have to wait just as long for Fitzpatrick to fully put it together).  Big Ben and Brady are huge exceptions.  A trade like this would mean chaos for OBD's public image -- a sign of throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

585374[/snapback]

I would agree with you if the old regime were still in place. Since they're not, the new staff may not feel the same about JP. They've changed coaches which also means they're changing philosophies. I don't pretend to know their thinking here, but maybe, just maybe they're not enamored with the kid. We shall see. They won't necassarily wait for him to develope just because of his draft status if they're not sold on his game. If they're not, IF, then cut loose however the best way possible and get someone in here they do believe in and lets get busy winning some football games.

IMO, there's a reason fans are pretty candidly critical of your post -- it would be another sign of instability and loss on investment for a team.  We need neither.

585374[/snapback]

By the way--- Chaos for OBD's public image? A sign of instability and a loss on the investment for a team?

Look all of those issues would be answered with the trade. It would send the signal that we are re-directing our focus and are cutting our loses. In fact if anything it would show the public that this team is not in chaos. So far every move that has been made ( GM, VP of Admin, etc,) Has been well thought out and most of us are sensing a calm after the storm type feeling. IMO

JP has to develope himself. The team has to win. A small market team no longer has the time to develope a QB. Large markets can get away with it. Big Ben and Brady were thrown into their situations only becasue of injury. They responded because they had the maturity to respond.

I just don't feel that JP has the maturity to respond and in a small market we don't have the time to wait for him to grow up. That's the NFL today. Small markets must have competive teams. Large markets can dump a season or two while their young QB matures. Our young QB has to mature on the bench and be ready when he is called upon to perform. If he is called upon to perform and doesn't do very well then he gets sat down and waits his turn again.

Coaches have to coach better when the young QB is called upon also. But JP has to make himself ready and it is his job in practice to push the QB ahead of him.

He knows he will be a starter but not until he improves enough himself to be the starter. JP has trouble with techniques etc. That alone made him not ready to start. He at least should have the techniques down so that he can make all the throws. After all he has a gun for an arm.

I blame the coaches or GM for putting him out there before he was ready without an injury to your starting QB. The days of a young QB getting on the field right away because that is the only way he can learn - are over. He has to learn another way. There is too much money involved. A young QB has to be better prepared to hit the field without this crap of ---- if he doesn't play he will be no good. Brady and Ben have proved this and so have many other QB's in the past.

Geez, if Fairchild thinks that Fitzpatrick is worth bringing in, then just trade a mid-rounder for him and put him in the mix and keep JP. I doubt the Rams can expect anything more although I doubt they will part with him.

585447[/snapback]

Good Point! :lol:

585374[/snapback]

but Fitzpatrick has a brain- probably a bigger consideration than pure physical attributes