Kollar not a good coach.

Fans fell in love with this guy Bill Kollar, because you could see and hear him from the upper deck, screaming at guys when they came off the field. Passionate, they called him.

Yet the past few years, you could see tumbleweeds blowing thru the holes in the line, following running backs past the whiffers.

The Rams, who do not know how to draft, have 3 first round picks on the defensive line. Damione Lewis, Ryan Pickett, and Jimmy Kennedy. Kollar has failed to make these guys productive. Maybe it was the overall scheme of the coordinator, Larry Marmie....Mike Martz's best buddy who he snagged away from the mighty Arizona Cardinals.

Ryan Pickett is looking for a 20 million dollar deal, and if that's what it would take to get him to Buffalo, I'd say no way.

Bryce Fisher developed during Kollar's tenure. Maybe he helped in that area.

I may be wrong about this guy. He does yell and scream, yet the defense in St. Louis is abominable.

Fans fell in love with this guy Bill Kollar, because you could see and hear him from the upper deck, screaming at guys when they came off the field.  Passionate, they called him.

Yet the past few years, you could see tumbleweeds blowing thru the holes in the line, following running backs past the whiffers.

The Rams, who do not know how to draft, have 3 first round picks on the defensive line.  Damione Lewis, Ryan Pickett, and Jimmy Kennedy.  Kollar has failed to make these guys productive.  Maybe it was the overall scheme of the coordinator, Larry Marmie....Mike Martz's best buddy who he snagged away from the mighty Arizona Cardinals.

Ryan Pickett is looking for a 20 million dollar deal, and if that's what it would take to get him to Buffalo, I'd say no way. 

Bryce Fisher developed during Kollar's tenure.  Maybe he helped in that area.

I may be wrong about this guy.  He does yell and scream, yet the defense in St. Louis is abominable.

582703[/snapback]

Sounds like the Bills old line coach Chris Farley, oops, I mean Carl Mauck

The Rams, who do not know how to draft, have 3 first round picks on the defensive line.  Damione Lewis, Ryan Pickett, and Jimmy Kennedy.  Kollar has failed to make these guys productive. 

582703[/snapback]

Based on your comment about their draft history, I wouldn't be surprised that Kollar had troubles making those guys productive. Can't make chicken soup out of chicken poop as they say.

I don't follow the NFC very much at all, but since you live out there: In addition to Bryce Fisher's emergence, didn't Leonard Little emerge as a force under Kollar's tutledge in St Louis?

The Rams, who do not know how to draft, have 3 first round picks on the defensive line.  Damione Lewis, Ryan Pickett, and Jimmy Kennedy.  Kollar has failed to make these guys productive.  Maybe it was the overall scheme of the coordinator, Larry Marmie....Mike Martz's best buddy who he snagged away from the mighty Arizona Cardinals.

582703[/snapback]

It's kind of like how people get on Jim McNally because the Bills' OL has been garbage. When you're working with studs like Mike Williams, Bennie Anderson and Mike Gandy...well...how much of it is really the fault of the position coach?

Kollar has been around for a long time and spent 11 seaons in one place (Atlanta) before going to the Rams. I probably won't judge him on three first-round busts.

Based on your comment about their draft history, I wouldn't be surprised that Kollar had troubles making those guys productive.  Can't make chicken soup out of chicken poop as they say. 

I don't follow the NFC very much at all, but since you live out there: In addition to Bryce Fisher's emergence, didn't Leonard Little emerge as a force under Kollar's tutledge in St Louis?

582723[/snapback]

I think Leonard Little became very productive when he was on the other side of the line from Grant Wistrom. Lovie Smith came in as DC and turned the team around from the worst defense in the league to one of the best.

Kollar may have been the victim of some bad DC from Larry Marmie.

Damione Lewis was rated first round material, as was Jimmy Kennedy. Pickett was considered a reach at the end of the first round. Somebody has to be accountable when first round picks bite it.

I hope Kollar does well. You mark my words, there will be at least 1 article about his screaming this summer.

Damione Lewis was rated first round material, as was Jimmy Kennedy.  Pickett was considered a reach at the end of the first round.  Somebody has to be accountable when first round picks bite it.

582829[/snapback]

Well yeah, of course. Akili Smith, Heath Shuler and Ryan Leaf were all rated first-round material. Just because they bite it doesn't mean it's the coaches fault...sometimes the players just don't pan out.

Maybe he was hired to compensate for the meekness of our new head coach? :doh:

582833[/snapback]

They plan to use him for crowd control if the 12th man gets unruly again. :)

;)

We need a tough coach. One that motivates these player to get off their butt and pratice hard and play hard. Look a Bill Cowher he yells at his players SOOO much and that help the players play hard. They probably player harder, because they don't want to get another face full of spit. :) I like this guy!! Good move Jauron!

Based on your comment about their draft history, I wouldn't be surprised that Kollar had troubles making those guys productive.  Can't make chicken soup out of chicken poop as they say. 

582723[/snapback]

:)

Every so often instead of poop the chicken lays a golden egg. Fans simply expect gold eggs all the time. Nobody, I MEAN NOBODY, knows how a college player will perform in the NFL until they actually play.

I have to chuckle at all the threads that blame the coaches for players lacking the skills to play in the NFL. The expectation that a good coach should be able to turn any player into an NFL caliber player is pure fantasy.

one guy yells and belittles his players.  the other beats them up greco-roman style in his barn.  I really could care less who the DL coach is as long as he teaches them to stop a 4th quarter running play.

582737[/snapback]

... or 3rd and 18! :)

We need a tough coach.  One that motivates these player to get off their butt and pratice hard and play hard.  Look a Bill Cowher he yells at his players SOOO much and that help the players play hard.  They probably player harder, because they don't want to get another face full of spit. :)  I like this guy!!  Good move Jauron!

583057[/snapback]

Chuck Dick-erson used to yell a lot too, when he "coached" our D-line. Lot of good that did.

Fans fell in love with this guy Bill Kollar, because you could see and hear him from the upper deck, screaming at guys when they came off the field.  Passionate, they called him.

I may be wrong about this guy.  He does yell and scream, yet the defense in St. Louis is abominable.

582703[/snapback]

look how banged up the rams D was!!!!! we need someone with AUTHORITY. Im more concerned about an Offensive coordinator right now. bring back the K-GUN offense!!!!!

They were making fun of Kollar on the St. Louis radio today because he made stars out of Damione Lewis and Jimmy Kennedy.

But I reminded myself that he turned out some pretty good guys who went elsewhere....Grant Wistrom, Bryce Fisher, Bryan Young, Jeff Zgonina, and a couple others.

I'm backpedalling. I want it to work, I hated to hear them trash the guy today on the radio. No class.