If this guy were released....

turftoe

Ramsey not in skins plans

If Patrick Ramsey were released or available for a late round pick could he be a fit in Buffalo to compete with Losman? Sometimes it takes a fresh start for a player to turn things around. The guy has a very strong arm and his personality just seems to fit with a blue collar Buffalo. I know he is not that mobile, but he has a great arm and I think the kid has potential. He reminds me a little of Kelly. If he came at a low cost, why not?

I hope the link works, I haven't "linked" much before.

- Ramsey has been compared most closely to JP Losman, of all people. They both went to the same college, Tulane. Ramsey has a good arm, but don't know if he would be the next Kelly.

- Bills need offensive line help before they bring a QB in..........

Ramsey not in skins plans

If Patrick Ramsey were released or available for a late round pick could he be a fit in Buffalo to compete with Losman?  Sometimes it takes a fresh start for a player to turn things around.  The guy has a very strong arm and his personality just seems to fit with a blue collar Buffalo.  I know he is not that mobile, but he has a great arm and I think the kid has potential.  He reminds me a little of Kelly.  If he came at a low cost, why not?

I hope the link works, I haven't "linked" much before.

582297[/snapback]

Actually a change in scenario COULD do Ramsey some good. He's always been treated as something of a red-headed stepchild in Washington. His first coach, Spurrier, was so disenchated with the team's decision to draft him, that he tried to trade him BEFORE he even showed up for training camp. Truthfully, he was never a good fit for "the ball coach's" Fun N Gun offense, and Spurrier preferred our own Shane Matthews for that cap-gun attack.

When Joe Gibbs came in, the first thing he did was sign Mark Brunell to a ridiculous contract -- and annoint him the starter. Brunell stunk it up so bad, that Gibbs was forced to indert Ramey for the final few games of the season. Ramsey proved to be an improvement -- and was named the starter going into 2005.

That lasted all of two quarters. After getting knocked out of the season opener against the Bears, Brunell came in -- and never relinquished the starting job. The injury gave Gibbs the excuse he needed to make the inevitable switch back to his chosen QB. Considering the success the Skins had this year, I can't say that anyone can blame Gibbs for going that direction. The bottom line is that Ramsey simply was not HIS guy, as he inherited him from a coach that really didn't want him either.

I fail to see the comparison to JP -- other than they went to the same school. In fact, JP's first season there he backed Ramsey up. Think of Ramsey as a younger version of Bledsoe: great arm but little mobility. I think in the right system with a quality OL, he could be a quality NFL starter. Based on what I just said, Ramsey and Buffalo may not be a match made in heaven. Still, if he comes cheap he could provide a reasonable alternative to Holcomb and/or JP if neither QB proves to be up to the challenge.