JP Losman deserves better

1billsfan

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd say it doesn't look good for JP.

When Marv was asked what he thought about the QB situation on his WGR show before he was GM, Marv said you play the player who gives you a better chance to win the game, and you develop young players in practice, not on the field on gameday.  I'm sure the QB situation came up in the coach interviews & anyone who said they would let JP develop next year at the expense of victories was not given a second thought in the final decision on HC. 

This leads me to believe Jauron answered winning now is more inportant than developing a QB of the future. 

The only thing I'm not sure of is if Marv will bring in a 3rd QB to compete for the starting job.  He basically called Holcomb's jet game a disaster, which may mean Marv feels "None of the above" might be the answer to the Bills QB situation.

582503[/snapback]

Isn't that how Head Coaches and GMs are judged? By the number of wins their team has? So many people have judged Jauron already and many, many of them are the same ones who want to give a free pass to Losman. Winning is more important - that is how they decide who is good - and if Losman is not capable of learning other by playing as a losing QB then the Bills need to go another direction. Build the OL (which any QB can use), build up the defense so even a team with a so-so QB can win and then worry about developing a better QB.

I think the reason that some people are down on him is not because he didn't kick butt from the get-go, but because he regressed and looked more and more absolutely dreadful with every game.

583896[/snapback]

I must now question your BAC for each game with that comment. B-)

If you think back to when Marv was coach...

He played Kelly until his arm fell off.... then, when our "practice" QB of Collins came in, he had no idea what he was getting into...

So, it is a valid observation that he may go to a veteran rather than start JP next season... I would be disappointed with that, because we will be looking at his THIRD season without playing the bulk of the downs if that happens. You have to give your QB on field game experience rather than practice. Kelly was different, he'd played in the USFL before getting here. Marv never HAD to start a rookie.

I must now question your BAC for each game with that comment.  B-)

584076[/snapback]

Coming from the guy who pointed out that JP's best game throwing the ball from the pocket was in a game that yielded 3 field goals and zero touchdowns, I'll consider it a compliment! :w00t:

I'm embarrassed at how many fans here have already given up on this kid. Post after post I read how it's Kelly Holcombs job or another journeymen veteran's yet to be acquired. Kelly Holcomb sucks, he's had 10 years in this league to put it all together and he finishes with 4 turnovers against the Jets to close out our miserable season. I have no doubts that Losman will surpass Holcomb in training camp. What I find amazing is the amount of weak-kneed hand wringers here who can't stomach the development of a young QB. Y'all must be from the Mike Malarkey School of QB Handling. Suck it up and deal with it, this team is not going to the Superbowl next season. I know it may come as a shock to some of you but it had to be put out there. None of us know if JP Losman is the next Brett Favre/Matt Hasselback or if he's a genuine first round flop. However with that said, the last thing this team should do right now is to not give him the chance next season. Fans and players need to put down their Superbowl pipe dreams for the coming season and get behind Losman. This kid has talent and skills, before we see him in the playoffs in another team's uniform for the next 10 seasons the Bills organization needs to give him the chance in 2006 to show he's the man.

581960[/snapback]

I find it interesting that you put Brett Favre and Matt Hasselback into the same category ... i dont even put them on the same level of play. Brett Favre is a guaranteed, first round, unanimous hall of famer. Matt Hasselback???

Coming from the guy who pointed out that JP's best game throwing the ball from the pocket was in a game that yielded 3 field goals and zero touchdowns, I'll consider it a compliment! :w00t:

584082[/snapback]

You stop it now B-)

The noted improvements are likely right there on your Tivo/DVR/VHS/etc. of the game. I'm not making it up. Take a look for yourself. :lol:

You stop it now  B-)

The noted improvements are likely right there on your Tivo/DVR/VHS/etc. of the game. I'm not making it up. Take a look for yourself.  :w00t:

584089[/snapback]

Like I said, I hope you're right.