Thin-skinned kid

silvermike

my kid would have taken the belt if he walked out of our house with a dolphins or Pats jersey to school...

581768[/snapback]

:D I'm with ya...

that's a whole nother story. My 11 year old cousin (son of my dad's brother) is Patriots fan. That entire side of my dad's family is born and raised in Buffalo. Apparently my weak uncle allowed his wife's side of the family to get to him first. I can't even look at him anymore...

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

:D  I'm with ya...

that's a whole nother story. My 11 year old cousin (son of my dad's brother) is Patriots fan. That entire side of my dad's family is born and raised in Buffalo. Apparently my weak uncle allowed his wife's side of the family to get to him first. I can't even look at him anymore...

581785[/snapback]

My father is a Maple Leafs fan..I told him Brady(my son) is not allowed over there from 7pm-10pm on Saturdays(when the Leafs play on Hockey Night in Canada)..I do not want him to corrupt his young brain with stories of Borje Salming, Darryl Sittler, Wendell Clark, and Mike Palmateer...funny stuff

For all of you calling him a kitty, let's see how you'd react if your child failed a test because he had to take it sitting on the floor while the rest of the class threw sh-- at him.

581763[/snapback]

Get real, he was made to take a test while sitting on the floor. Big deal. Remember, we're talking about a 17 year old kid, not a 4th grader. In less than a year he'll be able to vote. In less than a year he can carry an M-16 into combat. Yet he was so "unnerved" by sitting on the floor he left 1/3 of the answers blank? And the kicker was that the kids tossed (gasp) wadded up paper at him?

What if it were my son? I wouldn't make excuses. He allowed outside influences to effect his emotions, and then he lost control of them. That's his fault, nobody else's. I'd hope that by the time he's that age I've been able to instill into him the lessons I learned from my father about such things.

We've become a nation of wusses.

Get real, he was made to take a test while sitting on the floor. Big deal.  Remember, we're talking about a 17 year old kid, not a 4th grader.  In less than a year he'll be able to vote.  In less than a year he can carry an M-16 into combat.  Yet he was so "unnerved" by sitting on the floor he left 1/3 of the answers blank?  And the kicker was that the kids tossed (gasp) wadded up paper at him? 

What if it were my son?  I wouldn't make excuses.  He allowed outside influences to effect his emotions, and then he lost control of them.  That's his fault, nobody else's.  I'd hope that by the time he's that age I've been able to instill into him the lessons I learned from my father about such things.

We've become a nation of wusses.

581801[/snapback]

Well agree to disagree I guess. I agree with you about allowing his emotions to take control, that is on him. What I disagree about is taking the test different than the other kids. Maybe people differ here, but when I took tests in high school and college, I needed focus and concentration. If a teacher ever told me that I would be the only one taking a test on the floor while other kids threw sh-- at me, I would tell him to kiss my ass. If it is a regular class day lecture, then fine...I'll sit on the window sill if he wants. I can take that kind of joke. But I'm not going to allow a teacher to put me in a situation that might affect my performance because he thinks its funny.

If that makes me a wuss, so be it.

The article only states that he had to take the test on the floor. I don't see where they threw the paper while he was taking the test. And even if they did, it was probably a one-off thing where the whole class lobs paper at him and it's done with, not that he's constantly being bombarded with paper.

I just don't see where it's that big a deal. Certainly not enough to skip over 20 of 60 questions because of being "unnerved."

And let me clarify, I'm not saying the teacher was justified, correct, or appropriate in doing what he did. What I am saying is that a young man of 17 shouldn't be "unnerved" to the extent that he was by taking a test on the floor, or perhaps, even having wadded up pieces of paper tossed at him.

Perhaps I shouldn't judge him as strongly as I did. Perhaps he's one of those kids who gets "test anxiety." I honestly am not really sure how that can effect a person because I never had it. I sometimes feel anxious about tests, but never to the point where I lock up by letting anxiety control my emotions. But being in control of one's emotions is kind of what I stated in my very first post, wasn't it?

For all of our sakes, let's hope that next year this kid isn't in the military, or planning on becoming a surgeon, or a bus driver, or a parent, or any other number of things that might cause him to be "unnerved."

Broncos fan says he was humiliated by teacher

While grossly inappropriate - it is still funny as hell! The picture looks like those that accompany stories in the Onion.  :D

581852[/snapback]

In Pittsburgh, the teacher asked for a show of hands in support of the Steelers. All but Johnny raised their hands. The teacher asked him why he was not a fan. He replied, "My parents are not, so I'm not either.".

The teacher then said, "Well Johnny, what if I convinced you that your parents are ignorant morons with no idea about football and are dripping with hate?".

Johnny replied, "Well, then I would have to raise my hand.". :doh:

All right, I have to admit the pciture of kid looks like he pooped himself...

From SI's 10 SPot:

A high school student in Pennsylvania says he was humiliated when his Steelers-loving teacher made him sit on the floor during a midterm and directed the other students to throw crumpled-up paper at him last Friday, all because he was wearing a Broncos jersey. The beleaguered student tried to return fire but his paper wads kept getting intercepted.

HA!

Guest BackInDaDay
my kid would have taken the belt if he walked out of our house with a dolphins or Pats jersey to school...

581768[/snapback]

Is that your kid in your avatar? Good lookin' boy. :D