Why Did This Have to Happen?

There are a percentage of people (probably not even Bills fans) that post negative, negative, negative no matter what. If Sherman was hired there would be a ton of posts on how that was a horrible decision. If ANYONE was hired, fired, cut, waived, signed or resigned there would be a page of negative posts. You just have to wade through the waist deep BS to get the real feelings of real Bills fans on a given topic. Some people just like to see their post count go up.

581292[/snapback]

Not true. If Sherman was named HC, I doubt there would have been many negative posts at all. 80% of the fans wanted Sherman over Jauron, per the polls and article "Bad News Bills at it Again?" The complainers would have been a tiny minority.

Why did this have to happen to us Bills fans?

As a die-hard Bills fan, I can only say to other die-hard Bills fans that I'm sorry. . . I feel your pain.

Reading this board today I see real, true-life anguish out there. I concur with your sentiments. I wish this didn't have to happen to us.

Bills fans are the most fiercely loyal, live and die with their team, blood, sweat, and tears fans I can ever imagine. The town they live and play in is a testament to the gritty, blue-collar work ethic that they want from their sports teams. If they ever won a Super Bowl, it would be a day that time stood still for an entire city. The city virtually revolves around its teams. No other city (except maybe Green Bay) could possibly have its citizens lives so intertwined with the fate of its professional sports franchises.

But, it appears it just isn't meant to be. For that, I say sorry to all of those die-hard Buffalo Bills fans whose hopes and optimism are as crushed as mine are this day.

580889[/snapback]

Woe is us :devil: Theres a reason no one has knocked down Shermans door either. Give it a rest already some of you people are ridiculous. I get it he sucked in chicago. Maybe he'll do good here maybe he wont, but I wont have a pitty party about not hiring another coach no one else wanted. I'll leave it up to be seen. Now back to your pitty party :devil:

Reading this board today I see real, true-life anguish out there. I concur with your sentiments. I wish this didn't have to happen to us.

580889[/snapback]

You think this was bad?? You should have been here the day Butler dragged his feet and we lost out on signing Tony Carter... That was a bad day... or as us "old time TBD'ers" call it.. "black wednesday".

Why did this have to happen to us Bills fans?

As a die-hard Bills fan, I can only say to other die-hard Bills fans that I'm sorry. . . I feel your pain.

Bills fans are the most fiercely loyal, live and die with their team, blood, sweat, and tears fans I can ever imagine. The town they live and play in is a testament to the gritty, blue-collar work ethic that they want from their sports teams. If they ever won a Super Bowl, it would be a day that time stood still for an entire city. The city virtually revolves around its teams. No other city (except maybe Green Bay) could possibly have its citizens lives so intertwined with the fate of its professional sports franchises.

But, it appears it just isn't meant to be. For that, I say sorry to all of those die-hard Buffalo Bills fans whose hopes and optimism are as crushed as mine are this day.

580889[/snapback]

I feel your pain and enjoy your passion. This move today confirmed that Ralph Wilson is the problem, always has been the problem, and will continue to be the problem. He simply just doesn't get it.

You think this was bad?? You should have been here the day Butler dragged his feet and we lost out on signing Tony Carter... That was a bad day... or as us "old time TBD'ers" call it.. "black wednesday".

581304[/snapback]

Who is Butler? Who is Tony Carter? :devil:

Woe is us :devil:  Theres a reason no one has knocked down Shermans door either.  Give it  a rest already some of you people are ridiculous.  I get it he sucked in chicago.  Maybe he'll do good here maybe he wont, but I wont have a pitty party about not hiring another coach no one else wanted.  I'll leave it up to be seen. Now back to your pitty party :devil:

581296[/snapback]

Oh, make no mistake about it, it isn't my pitty party. I feel bad for all Bills fans who really want a winner. Because they obviously aren't getting one any time soon.

Dick sucked in Chicago, Dick sucked in Detroit, Dick will suck in Buffdom. (There is going to be a Beavis and Butthead type joke coming from this sentence, I do believe.)

Clearly, you are not a Buffalo resident or native. You don't have a clue about the way the community lives and dies with their teams. Bills fans are nothing special? Well, I'm surprised nobody else has ripped you for that comment. . . so I will. You're not a real fan. You're a cookie-cutter, dime a dozen out of towner pseudo-fan who probably started rooting for the Bills when they were going to four Super Bowls in a row. You give your f'in rhetoric a rest. That's all. I'm done with you

581201[/snapback]

Actually I am from WNY and at one point was proud of our football fandom. However, in the 17 years since I have left it is clear there has been a change of spirit. You are NOT what I recall as a passionate and smart football fan. Moreover, blue collar? You have no clue what that means. If it means being dramatic and pessimistic, well, then you are ALL BLUE COLLAR.

TO me blue collar, means proud, diligent, and somewhat trusting. You offer an antithetical that is undefinable.

As evidence by your post and many others, it is clear a "new generation" of Bills fans have emerged and it is nothing to be proud of. And you are "done with me"??? Your are so articulate and well read.

I have a funny feeling I could pinpoint you with about 4 statements, but that type of honesty would crush your spirit. Your attitude is why a lot of people leave WNY and why more do not move into WNY.

Well done. You make that area proud. :D

Actually I am from WNY and at one point was proud of our football fandom.  However, in the 17 years since I have left it is clear there has been a change of spirit.  You are NOT what I recall as a passionate and smart football fan.  Moreover, blue collar?  You have no clue what that means.  If it means being dramatic and pessimistic, well, then you are ALL BLUE COLLAR.

TO me blue collar, means proud, diligent, and somewhat trusting.  You offer an antithetical that is undefinable.  

As evidence by your post and many others, it is clear a "new generation" of Bills fans have emerged and it is nothing to be proud of.  And you are "done with me"???  Your are so articulate and well read. 

I have a funny feeling I could pinpoint you with about 4 statements, but that type of honesty would crush your spirit.  Your attitude is why a lot of people leave WNY and why more do not move into WNY. 

Well done.  You make that area proud. :D

581450[/snapback]

Wrong again. The reason people "leave WNY and don't move in" (it's called declining population) isn't because of "my attitude". It's largely because of the local economy, government and weather. New corporations (and existing ones)find better business conditions elsewhere, especially regarding taxes.

Also, "Blue Collar" is a term that actually refers to a person's occupation. "White Collar" is another. I've never heard anyone confuse these terms as meaning personality traits. :doh:

Actually I am from WNY and at one point was proud of our football fandom.  However, in the 17 years since I have left it is clear there has been a change of spirit.  You are NOT what I recall as a passionate and smart football fan.  Moreover, blue collar?  You have no clue what that means.  If it means being dramatic and pessimistic, well, then you are ALL BLUE COLLAR.

TO me blue collar, means proud, diligent, and somewhat trusting.  You offer an antithetical that is undefinable. 

As evidence by your post and many others, it is clear a "new generation" of Bills fans have emerged and it is nothing to be proud of.  And you are "done with me"???  Your are so articulate and well read. 

I have a funny feeling I could pinpoint you with about 4 statements, but that type of honesty would crush your spirit.  Your attitude is why a lot of people leave WNY and why more do not move into WNY. 

Well done.  You make that area proud. :D

581450[/snapback]

I don't consider myself a "new breed" of Bills fan, seeing as I've been a fan since the late 70s. And even I am completely blase about the team's long-term (5-10 year) prospects.

This appears to be a franchise in utter disarray.

Wrong again. The reason people "leave WNY and don't move in" (it's called declining population) isn't because of "my attitude". It's largely because of the local economy, government and weather. New corporations (and existing ones)find better business conditions elsewhere, especially regarding taxes.

581667[/snapback]

I agree with you on that, but it doesn't make your original post in this thread appear any less pitiful. I, and appearantly many others, don't subscribe to this whole "woe is me" philosophy. It seems that many of us take the punch, get back up, and go in for more even more determined to make it work than we were before we got knocked on our arse. That is a blue collar mentality.

I don't know you, you don't know me, so don't take this too personally, but man, you went more than a little over the top.

I agree with you on that, but it doesn't make your original post in this thread appear any less pitiful.  I, and appearantly many others, don't subscribe to this whole "woe is me" philosophy.  It seems that many of us take the punch, get back up, and go in for more even more determined to make it work than we were before we got knocked on our arse.  That is a blue collar mentality.

I don't know you, you don't know me, so don't take this too personally, but man, you went more than a little over the top.

581676[/snapback]

Woe is me? Where do you guys keep coming up with that? I'm making the point that I feel bad for real Bills fans, who desperately want a winner, and are not getting one any time soon.

Amen to that response i have been a a bills fan for as long as i have been on this earth, I currenty live in South Florida with the worst sports fans ever, yup the winy, cry baby, cant take a punch in the mouth dolphins.I have never missed a BIlLLS-fins game in the 17 years that i have been here. Be lucky you could see the best football team in the league every sunday. If i had the dough i would fly to every home game. Buffal is always in my heart so the fans that rip us an d run their mouth, I got one thing to say. I bet my first born no other team goes to four strait. GO F--N BILLS.

Clearly, you are not a Buffalo resident or native. You don't have a clue about the way the community lives and dies with their teams. Bills fans are nothing special? Well, I'm surprised nobody else has ripped you for that comment. . . so I will. You're not a real fan. You're a cookie-cutter, dime a dozen out of towner pseudo-fan who probably started rooting for the Bills when they were going to four Super Bowls in a row. You give your f'in rhetoric a rest. That's all. I'm done with you

581201[/snapback]

I don't consider myself a "new breed" of Bills fan, seeing as I've been a fan since the late 70s. And even I am completely blase about the team's long-term (5-10 year) prospects.

This appears to be a franchise in utter disarray.

581673[/snapback]

That is too bad, seriously. I hope I do not find myself where you are 'at' regarding the Bills. I have always loved being a fan and always will. That said I do not take personally, however, the moves that the owner makes. While I do not think that makes me less of a fan, it does allow me to keep things in perspective.

Further, while I do not always agree with every move everyone affiliated with the Bills makes, I am optimistic and trusting that they may know a bit more than me as to why they made the decision. That does not make me a "kool aid" follower or a "rose colored glass" fan. It makes me a fan, plain and simple.

I have watched the same team you have over the last thirty years and do not feel 'blase' over the near or distant future. Apparently our context of what following an NFL team is all about is slightly different.

Really, from now until the draft, we have coordinator positions to feel, FA to sign and players to draft.

This is, for me, a fun time to be a fan. Hell, after the superbowl is played we will be undefeated and tied with all other 31 teams entering the '06 season.

If that does not pique interest, nothing will, and you should follow the team that meets your criteria.

Woe is me? Where do you guys keep coming up with that?

581681[/snapback]

Hmm.. Maybe it's this part

Why did this have to happen to us...

Or this part

Reading this board today I see real, true-life anguish out there. I concur with your sentiments.

Or this part

I wish this didn't have to happen to us.

Or this part

I say sorry to all of those die-hard Buffalo Bills fans whose hopes and optimism are as crushed as mine are this day.

"Real, true life anguish"? Apologizing/commiserating with fans "whose hopes and optimism are crushed"? Why? Because their choice of coach didn't get hired? Because their football team might not win for a long time?

pssst....you said you were done with me. Why the response? You keep this up and I will have to offer up my four statement summary of you. :P

By the way, are you saying local economies and politics are NOT influenced by the 'loser' mentality that you so eloquently display? :D:lol: I would not be so sure of that hypothesis.

Just to give you a heads up, WNY generally and the local community you exist in specifically, may not automatically be completely indicative of the rest of the United States. What do you think makes for better business conditions elsewhere? Sure taxes, but also the local work force and the skill sets they do or do not possess. Inherent in that is the 'climate' (not weather) of the community; what the dominant demographic would or would not support (this is why some communities can sustain zoo's, parks, and multiple art venues and others can barely hold on to a movie theatre). Moreover, I have not even touched on what a local community values (ie Schools) and no, not all communities value things equally.

Ok, you can move this now. It is off point......

Also, "Blue Collar" is a term that actually refers to a person's occupation. "White Collar" is another. I've never heard anyone confuse these terms as meaning personality traits.  :doh:

581667[/snapback]

Hmm..  Maybe it's this part

Or this part

Or this part

Or this part

"Real, true life anguish"? Apologizing/commiserating with fans "whose hopes and optimism are crushed"?  Why?  Because their choice of coach didn't get hired?  Because their football team might not win for a long time?

581707[/snapback]

"Woe is me" makes it sound like I'm talking about just myself. I feel bad for all Bills fans. Even before this hiring. Four Superbowl losses in a row? Wide right? Home Run Throw Forward? I can't think of too many fans who've been through all that. (Cubs? But, they almost always stink) Even the Red Sox and White Sox got their championships.

Jeez. I would have preferred Sherman but I think that it is a little early to pronounce the Jauron era to be a bust. Look at it this way, everyone has to learn and Jauron learned on someone else's dime. Lets see what he does in the offseason. If he and Marv get serious about the OL, I will be a lot more excited about next season than I was about last season.