Talked with a friend who's a Bears fan...

Just Jack

He likes the hiring of DJ, said when he was with Chicago, he had very little talent to work with.

579876[/snapback]

I am from Chicago and he was a players coach from what I remember back in 2001. Yes they did win games at the very end but THEY WON them instead of blowing the leads. I watched the Bears that year a lot because it so painful to watch the Bills that year go 3-13. I would have liked to seen the Bills hire Sherman instead but as I'm getting used to it it might not be as bad as it's made out to be. This might be a good thing after all.

Not only were the Bears talant challanged, but they were mangement challanged as well...there are a lot of parallels to what the Bills are going through, right now. Thin on offensive talent, shaky QB situation, and dysfunctional front office.

I can't say I am ecastic that Jauron is our new HC, if it were me, I would have worked with a different pool of candidates. But, considering who was interviewed, I can live with Jauron. I have really heard nothing but good things about him from various NFL sources in various media. I was kind of pulling for him, when we hired Mularkey...

Sadly, this is the first off-season in about 10 years where I am not chomping at the bit for the next Bills season to start...a lousy bunch of playoff games isn't helping any!

He likes the hiring of DJ, said when he was with Chicago, he had very little talent to work with.

579876[/snapback]

Well he does have better talent to work with here. What I remember is how pathetic their offensive game plan was. Even Boomer Esiason (on radio) was talking at how badly their scheme was, and how they didn't adjust well during the game. I hope whoever his OC is stays as far away from Ralph Wilson Stadium as possible.

All I can tell you is that it's been a rough day in the office. The Bear fans are being merciless and laughing their asses off at this hiring. Can't believe this guy is getting another shot. As far as they're concerned, DJ isn't allowed across the Illinois border ever again. Those who think this is a good hire are in serious denial.

579876[/snapback]

Phew.

Sign me up for $1000 in season tickets. Hell, how about a luxury box? Also, I think I'm going to buy oodles of merchandise on top of that. In fact, I think maybe I'll purchase a commercial where I talk about how happy I am with this hiring.