The staff

scribo

As several news reports indicate may happen...here's a look at what we MIGHT see next season:

GM - Marv = 81-year-old rookie GM

HC - Jauron = Straight from the ole boys club

OC - Olson = Never-proved-anything (basically) rookie OC

DC - Gray = Isn't happy here, cannot make halftime adjustments

And, among the assistant coaches, we have Sam Wyche, who I really like but cannot be even remotely happy about the way his buddy MM was treated. Plus, he didn't even get a courtesy interview.

Lots to look forward to next season...

NOT THAT COACHING IS IMPORTANT OR ANYTHING THESE DAYS

WHERE DOES IT SAY THAT GREG OLSON HAS BEEN HIRED!  :D

579544[/snapback]

It doesn't. As you pointed out in another thread, Gaughan wrote the OC could be Olson.

But that never stopped anyone before, did it?

WHERE DOES IT SAY THAT GREG OLSON HAS BEEN HIRED!  :D

579544[/snapback]

You are correct, of course. It also remains to be seen if the Bills in fact retain Grey. But this is what news reports are pointing toward. That's all I meant. I will go back up and edit to make that clear.

You are correct, of course. It also remains to be seen if the Bills in fact retain Grey. But this is what news reports are pointing toward. That's all I meant. I will go back up and edit to make that clear.

579580[/snapback]

ONE report said "could"... that is it. I don't see how anyone draws any conclusion from that.

The Bills may retain Grey?  Is this possible?

579817[/snapback]

It is possible. He is still under contract. The Bills apparently have not fired him. So Grey would have to find an NFL team that would make him at least an assistant HC or give the Bills some sort of compensation (highly unlikely on both counts I think). Or he would have to leave the NFL for the remainder of his contract -- I would assume there are some decent universities that would hire him in some capacity.

It is possible. He is still under contract. The Bills apparently have not fired him. So Grey would have to find an NFL team that would make him at least an assistant HC or give the Bills some sort of compensation (highly unlikely on both counts I think). Or he would have to leave the NFL for the remainder of his contract -- I would assume there are some decent universities that would hire him in some capacity.

579825[/snapback]

Actually they fine tuned those rules a little bit... He can go as any assistant coach. They changed that rule that it has to be a promotion because teams were making up fake titles.. Since the Bills gave him permission to look around I doubt they would get compensation.