Pittsburgh favored by 3.5 points

I can't believe that Seattle is being regarded so lightly.  They dominated Carolina on both sides of the ball yesterday.

I think if Seattle was an East coast team this game would be a pick em.  I'll take the points.

579445[/snapback]

I think they are a solid squad also, with the MVP RB, a very solid QB, and a pressuring, play-making defense.

I think the general bias is not East coast vs. West coast; it is more the belief that the AFC is much, much better than the NFC. Also, a 3.5 point spread isn't scoffing in the face of Seattle. A touchdown or greater and they would have a reason to cry about respect. But with the way Pittsburgh has played on the road, you have to make them the favorite. Seattle has not had to leave the Pacific Northwest, where they have a HUGE homefield advantage. That crowd makes some noise.

That, plus the way they've played in the last six weeks, is why I lean towards the Steelers.

I think they are a solid squad also, with the MVP RB, a very solid QB, and a pressuring, play-making defense.

I think the general bias is not East coast vs. West coast; it is more the belief that the AFC is much, much better than the NFC.  Also, a 3.5 point spread isn't scoffing in the face of Seattle.  A touchdown or greater and they would have a reason to cry about respect.  But with the way Pittsburgh has played on the road, you have to make them the favorite.  Seattle has not had to leave the Pacific Northwest, where they have a HUGE homefield advantage.  That crowd makes some noise.

That, plus the way they've played in the last six weeks, is why I lean towards the Steelers.

579458[/snapback]

Well stated. Another thing to consider is the Seahawks very weak division, and the fact that not only did they host their 2 playoff games, but they played a beat up Redskin team that was playing their 3rd straight road game, and the Panthers who were playing their 4th straight road game.

Granted, the Steelers will also be playing their 4th straight away from home, but they get a week to rest before the big game, and 90% of Detroit will be pro-Pitt if that matters.

I can't believe that Seattle is being regarded so lightly.  They dominated Carolina on both sides of the ball yesterday.

I think if Seattle was an East coast team this game would be a pick em.  I'll take the points.

579445[/snapback]

I agree, I have no clue why the #1 seed in the NFC is an underdog to the #6 seed in the AFC. Sure the AFC is a better conference but that's a bit much. Give me Seattle and the points.

Seattle with one of the best O-lines--the best left side against the Steelers D.  My early prognostication is that Pittsburgh will be unable to stop Seattle's running game.  This really could be one heck of a SB.  Seattle 27 Pittsburgh 21.

579494[/snapback]

I do like that both team's run an offense where the defense usually knows what's coming, but they can't stop it. With Seattle's o-line bearing down on the linemen and LB's, it's going to take a huge game out of Polamalu to stop Alexander. I somehow get the feeling he'll be up for it.

I agree, I have no clue why the #1 seed in the NFC is an underdog to the #6 seed in the AFC.  Sure the AFC is a better conference but that's a bit much.  Give me Seattle and the points.

579507[/snapback]

Have the teams switch divisions and schedules. I don't think it's a bit much at all. The Steelers were favored on the road vs. the AFC's #3 seed; what did you expect?

Have the teams switch divisions and schedules.  I don't think it's a bit much at all.  The Steelers were favored on the road vs. the AFC's #3 seed; what did you expect?

579528[/snapback]

Have them switch divisions and schedules and I think Seattle has the 2 or 3 seed (likely the 3) in the AFC. Seattle isn't getting the respect they deserve. As another poster already said, I'd guess it has to do with being on the west coast.

Have them switch divisions and schedules and I think Seattle has the 2 or 3 seed (likely the 3) in the AFC.  Seattle isn't getting the respect they deserve.  As another poster already said, I'd guess it has to do with being on the west coast.

579536[/snapback]

But isn't it an NFL bylaw that at least one team (and sometimes both teams) in the Super Bowl have to complain for two weeks that they don't get the respect they deserve?

As far as the AFC playoff teams, Seattle is better than Jacksonville only, IMO.