Go to the games. Support the Bills.

Outkast

The hiring of a losing coach that didn't even do a good job as a defensive coordinator for Detroit has the stench of conspiracy written all over it.

Let's look at the facts. The Bills operate on a year to year lease. Making it easy for them to leave whenever they want. This fact cannot be overlooked. Why operate on a year to year lease???? I only own a convenience store and I will never operate on a year to year lease.

Both Marv and Ralph are well into they're final years as well. They will not be around for too much longer, either as owner and GM, respectfully. Heck, they might not even be around in a year or two. Period!

RW has to know what his childrens' intentions are with the Bills organization here in Buffalo. Maybe they told RW they want out of Buffalo or they would rather sell the team off to the highest bidder.

RW will makes things easier on his kids to sell the team if the team is losing. And what a better way to ensure the Bills to keep on losing than to hire a 81 year old ROOKIE GM and a HC with a winning percentage that hovers around 40, even with a 13 & 3 record included in there.

So let's say the Bills continue to suck hard and the fans stop showing up and RW begins to lose $$$. No one will blame him if he leaves Buffalo when the stadium is empty every week and he isn't making money. And even if people do in fact blame RW for leaving or selling, what will it matter? He's 87 years old!!!

This team cannot and will not win. They can't compete in todays NFL. The landscape of the game is changing. Assistant coaches and coordinators are getting paid millions now and RW is cheap. We will always have second rate coaches, players and management. What will happen with the new Collective Bargaining Agreement?

I know what my opposition is going to say. RW is a great owner, he could've left Buffalo years ago, we're dooomed etc etc etc. Just remember this. As I already pointed out a few times. He is 87 years old! You don't think he knows his time is almost up? You don't think he'd like to take the heat for his children for leaving Buffalo if that's what his childrens' wishes are?

Do I expect the Bills fans to support a loser? No. But if you don't, that opens the door for Buffalo to lose football forever. So let's continue selling out "The Ralph", buy Bills merchandise and just hope the Bills stumble on a draft or two so great that they win in spite of themselves.

SAVE THE BILLS!!!!!!!!!

SAVE THE BILLS!!!!!!!!!

SAVE THE BILLS!!!!!!!!!

You beat me to the post.

I'm not a conspiracy theorist - but I can't help but look at the events that have transpired and think: this whole thing smells funny.

Every move the Bills have made seems to disengage the fan more and more.

The latest: the hiring of Jauron - put its over the top.

I'm so tired of living in an area and being held captive to a team that puts you in a catch 22: If you don't buy the tickets - the Bills will leave. If you buy the tickets and support the team: you're consistently let down.

As much as I appreciate Ralph Wilson and sincerely hope to see him win the BIG ONE - I just can't help but question his commitment to winning. He's gotta want it for himself; fans can't hope for the best. Only he can deliver. And, once again, he went wide right.

So, here's to the best -

Go BILLS

The hiring of a losing coach that didn't even do a good job as a defensive coordinator for Detroit has the stench of conspiracy written all over it.

Let's look at the facts. The Bills operate on a year to year lease. Making it easy for them to leave whenever they want. This fact cannot be overlooked. Why operate on a year to year lease???? I only own a convenience store and I will never operate on a year to year lease.

Both Marv and Ralph are well into they're final years as well. They will not be around for too much longer, either as owner and GM, respectfully. Heck, they might not even be around in a year or two. Period!

RW has to know what his childrens' intentions are with the Bills organization here in Buffalo. Maybe they told RW they want out of Buffalo or they would rather sell the team off to the highest bidder.

RW will makes things easier on his kids to sell the team if the team is losing. And what a better way to ensure the Bills to keep on losing than to hire a 81 year old ROOKIE GM and a HC with a winning percentage that hovers around 40, even with a 13 & 3 record included in there.

So let's say the Bills continue to suck hard and the fans stop showing up and RW begins to lose $$$. No one will blame him if he leaves Buffalo when the stadium is empty every week and he isn't making money. And even if people do in fact blame RW for leaving or selling, what will it matter? He's 87 years old!!!

This team cannot and will not win. They can't compete in todays NFL. The landscape of the game is changing. Assistant coaches and coordinators are getting paid millions now and RW is cheap. We will always have second rate coaches, players and management. What will happen with the new Collective Bargaining Agreement?

I know what my opposition is going to say. RW is a great owner, he could've left Buffalo years ago, we're dooomed etc etc etc. Just remember this. As I already pointed out a few times. He is 87 years old! You don't think he knows his time is almost up? You don't think he'd like to take the heat for his children for leaving Buffalo if that's what his childrens' wishes are?

Do I expect the Bills fans to support a loser? No. But if you don't, that opens the door for Buffalo to lose football forever. So let's continue selling out "The Ralph", buy Bills merchandise and just hope the Bills stumble on a draft or two so great that they win in spite of themselves.

SAVE THE BILLS!!!!!!!!!

SAVE THE BILLS!!!!!!!!!

SAVE THE BILLS!!!!!!!!!

579324[/snapback]

so sad, but, alas, so true. . .

So it has finally dawned on you that every decision RW makes does not revolve around YOU?

Glad you're catching up.

Nice to see you can so accurately predict the upcoming failure of this organization before a press conference even begins announcing Jauron as HC, or who will be on his staff.

Marv Levy and Ralph Wilson shot Lincoln and framed John Wilkes Booth, that's why the Cigarette Man won't let us win any super bowls and blah, blah,blah.

Please. :D

This is not a conspiracy. Mismanagement perhaps... too much cronyism, maybe.

Ralph hires Marv because he feels comfortable with him and he comes cheap. Marv hires Jauron because he feels comfortable with him and he's cheap.

Ralph hires cheap people whom he likes. Not a great way to do business but certainly not a conspiracy. Many poorly run businesses do just this all the time.

Now come in off the ledge folks.

Every move the Bills have made seems to disengage the fan more and more.

579558[/snapback]

Maybe those are the fans that need to be "disengaged." :lol:

I would have preferred Sherman, but Ralph and Marv never asked for my input. That said, they were involved in the interviews, they have to work with him, and they know each candidate. We only have public news articles and former teams' stats to evaluate them.

Would it be better to have a coach that experienced success elsewhere, or would it be better to have a coach whose tempermant and style mesh well with Marv, Modrak, et al?

I dunno the answer to that as it applies to Bflo. The proof, as they say, will be in the pudding, ie, the W-L record over the long haul.

I can only imagine that many posts similar to what I see here were being made on the Pats boards when they hired Bellicheck. If the Bills have half the success under Jauron that the Pats have had under Bellicheck, I'd say Ralph and Marv made the right call, wouldn't you? Of course, that'll take time and patience to determine - and while patience may not our forte, all of the hand-wringing in the meantime is akin to mental masturbation IMO.

It is what it is and we fans have two simple choices: Support the new coach, or jump off the bandwagon. It's up to you (plural, all of you) to figure out what you want to do, but you'll find me wearing my Bills hat hoping for the best. :D

Now come in off the ledge folks.

579711[/snapback]

Nah, let them jump. more leg room for those of us inside, and its fun to watch them splat. Ever hear of addition by subtraction? TBD could only get better if the bridge jumpers would actually have the balls to do it.

SAVE THE BILLS!!!!!!!!!

SAVE THE BILLS!!!!!!!!!

SAVE THE BILLS!!!!!!!!!

579324[/snapback]

Why didnt he just leave Donhoe in charge then? I'm getting ready to call teh ticket office to get more season tickets. If everyone is so sure we will suck then that means we will be winning. Go Bills!

I can only imagine that many posts similar to what I see here were being made on the Pats boards when they hired Bellicheck. 

579751[/snapback]

Ridiculous Comparison.

"He launched his career in 1975 as a special assistant with the Baltimore Colts, then became an assistant special teams coach with Detroit (1976-77) and Denver (1978). In 1979, he joined the New York Giants and contributed to Super Bowl championships with the team in 1986 and 1990 as the team’s defensive coordinator. Following Super Bowl XXV, Belichick was named head coach of the Cleveland Browns in 1991, becoming the youngest head coach in the NFL at age 37. By 1994, Belichick brought the Browns back to the playoffs, finishing 11-5 and advancing to the second round of the playoffs, while allowing a league-low 204 total points.

In 1996, Belichick joined New England and was a key contributor to the team’s rebound from a 6-10 season in 1995 to an 11-5 season and the team’s first division title in 10 years en route to Super Bowl XXXI against Green Bay. Belichick then spent three seasons with the New York Jets from 1997 to 1999, helping New York improve from a 1-15 season in 1996 to an appearance in the AFC Championship Game in 1998."source

Jauron cannot even touch Belichick's success.

We picked a loser - and sadly, we'll all continue to pay.

Ridiculous Comparison.

579945[/snapback]

I beg to differ. Jauron led the Bears to the playoffs and posted a what, 13-3 record enroute to being named Coach of the Year?

The rest of his tenure was not nearly as awe-inspiring. Same goes for Bellichek's time in Cleveland. They were both no-name coaches that had one good year. Labelling a comparison between the two as "ridiculous" is, well, ridiculous.

Pats hired a re-tread, and even had to offer compensation to a division-rival to get him. Pats fans weren't happy then. 3 Lombardi's later, they're pretty dang happy.

Jauron may not work out. Or he may prove to be an awesome coach. As I said, fretting over it now is mental masturbation. I'll tell you if and/or how much I like the move in about two years.

It's a new begining, a new start. What harm can come from being hopeful and optimistic? Besides, pessimists are a real drag to be around. IMO, whining does not look good on grown-ups.

Every losing season that the bills have is $$ off the top of the total franchise value. I have no absolute fact to prove my next statement, so just go with me: It costs more to ralph wilson and his family to have a cheap staff who loses than to have an expensive staff and to win.

Winning makes money, no matter how much it costs. Losing loses money, no matter how little you put into it.

Basically, the conspiracy theory is just a stupid grasp. Hell, maybe they hired Jauron cause he's THE BEST CANDIDATE FOR THE BILLS! I mean, he's a defensive mind... Our defense sucks, and gray is leaving. Perhaps he's going to bring in a good OC to run the offense (or wyche is the guy).

I had a bad taste on this hire last night because it was down to sherman and the other guy, with the other guy getting the nod. Today, i'm fine with it. Hell, the defense sure will improve from last year. This is the guy who put brian urlacher on the map.

I don't think the brain trust is purposefully setting the Bills up for a fall and a move, but I think it'll be much much easier for the team to leave if we go through 2-3 more bad seasons and attendance starts to drop. Picture 2009, the Bills come off a 2-14 season, Juaron is fired and average attendance was 30k per game. It's not a stretch to say that some other cities will eyeing the franchise. I hope this team succeeds starting next year. If it gets managed to the ground it will be gone. We will not have the luxury of going through 10 years of mediocrity or worse. I've never been a big alarmist and always defended the position that things were rosy forthe Bills in Buffalo, but many of the other candidates for relocation are getting new stadiums and turning things around. Even the Saints will play in NO for 2006 and beyond.

We are entering the most critical period this franchise has seen since Kelly arrived and things turned around in the mid 80's. so far, I am not encouraged.

Guest BackInDaDay
Me too, but I doubt we find a cutout of Ralph Wilson peel-off clothing in the Bills lockerroom anytime soon  ;)

579721[/snapback]

By the looks of Ralph, you won't need a cutout.

Just stand him in the middle of the locker-room and tell him the car will be here soon to pick him up. :P

Sorry, that was mean. ;)