Ok, now the critical quesition: who does Dick hire

Max Fischer

He had Spoon or something like that as his OC. He was terrible and their offense was always in the bottom third of the league. I am hoping thats what the hold up was, trying to find a strong OC, and why Loften Caldwell and a few others were talked to before naming Jauron.

He had Spoon or something like that as his OC.  He was terrible and their offense was always in the bottom third of the league.  I am hoping thats what the hold up was, trying to find a strong OC, and why Loften Caldwell and a few others were talked to before naming Jauron.

It was Shoop. He was the one who brought the WR screen to the NFL, and it worked until teams figured out how to stop it. And unfortunately that was about ALL he brought to the NFL.

It was Shoop.  He was the one who brought the WR screen to the NFL, and it worked until teams figured out how to stop it.  And unfortunately that was about ALL he brought to the NFL.

578244[/snapback]

Thanks, couldn't remember his name, but knew it was close.

Also had Gary Crowton as his first OC. Dont have the offensive stats on hand, but he was previuosly HC of Utah (I think) and had short lived success bringing his style into the pros. Was eventually ditched for Shoop, no improvement there.

Also had Gary Crowton as his first OC. Dont have the offensive stats on hand, but he was previuosly HC of Utah (I think) and had short lived success bringing his style into the pros. Was eventually ditched for Shoop, no improvement there.

Wait, now that you mention it, I think it was Crowton who brought the WR screen, and nothing else, to the NFL. Shoop brought NOTHING.

Why would Caldwell come to Buffalo?

I'm also weary hiring OC/DCs who've only had all-star rosters.

578292[/snapback]

as far as I know caldwell isnt an offensive coordinator he's a qb coach/assistant head coach with indy for the past 4 years, before that he was with dungy in tampa, and was a head coach at wake forrest.

Wait, now that you mention it, I think it was Crowton who brought the WR screen, and nothing else, to the NFL.  Shoop brought NOTHING.

578303[/snapback]

Yeah, Crowton employed a multiple receiver set offense in college. I think similar to the run and shoot. It only took a few games for defenses to catch up to it.

as far as I know caldwell isnt an offensive coordinator he's  a qb coach/assistant head coach with indy for the past 4 years, before that he was with dungy in tampa, and was a head coach at wake forrest.

578317[/snapback]

and before Wake Forest he was an assistant at Penn State. Obviously I think we should bring him on <_<

As far as DC, I dunno. I'd like to see Capers but he'll prolly have several teams after him and I doubt Buffal would be his first choice