It was Jauron all along

turftoe

Ralph wanted him when TD chose MM. Levy has always praised the guy. He is not flashy and may not be the fan favorite, but may just be what is needed in Buffalo. It is quite funny reading all of this "insider information" poop over the past few days. Face it folks, we don't need insider information. All you had to do was read the writing on the wall. It was there the minute Levy came back to town. When Levy was hired way back in the 80s I had kind of a ho hum feeling. We all know that turned out well. Maybe Jauron will thrive in a setting such as this. He has been respected by people that matter. It is going to be critical that he surround himself with good people. I sure hope the guy can attract good assistant coaches, especially a top notch offensive coordinator. We shall see. At least the guy has a little history in Buffalo. My fear is that the fans and media alike will never give this guy a fair shake. Sullivan is probably already writing a toxic scathing article about the choice for the AM Buffalo News. There are problems on this team that are going to take time to fix. My fear is that everyone will be calling for his head if there isn't instant success. Lets see how things develop before we try to throw the guy under the bus.

Ralph wanted him when TD chose MM.  Levy has always praised the guy.  He is not flashy and may not be the fan favorite, but may just be what is needed in Buffalo.  It is quite funny reading all of this "insider information"  poop  over the past few days.  Face it folks, we don't need insider information.  All you had to do was read the writing on the wall.  It was there the minute Levy came back to town.  When Levy was hired way back in the 80s I had kind of a ho hum feeling.  We all know that turned out well.  Maybe Jauron will thrive in a setting such as this.  He has been respected by people that matter.  It is going to be critical that he surround himself with good people.  I sure hope the guy can attract good assistant coaches, especially a top notch offensive coordinator. We shall see.  At least the guy has a little history in Buffalo.  My fear is that the fans and media alike will never give this guy a fair shake.  Sullivan is probably already writing a toxic scathing article about the choice for the AM Buffalo News.  There are problems on this team that are going to take time to fix.  My fear is that everyone will be calling for his head if there isn't instant success.  Lets see how things develop before we try to throw the guy under the bus.

578085[/snapback]

A big Amen here. Could not agree with you more.

Ralph wanted him when TD chose MM.  Levy has always praised the guy.  He is not flashy and may not be the fan favorite, but may just be what is needed in Buffalo.  It is quite funny reading all of this "insider information"  poop  over the past few days.  Face it folks, we don't need insider information.  All you had to do was read the writing on the wall.  It was there the minute Levy came back to town.  When Levy was hired way back in the 80s I had kind of a ho hum feeling.  We all know that turned out well.  Maybe Jauron will thrive in a setting such as this.  He has been respected by people that matter.  It is going to be critical that he surround himself with good people.  I sure hope the guy can attract good assistant coaches, especially a top notch offensive coordinator. We shall see.  At least the guy has a little history in Buffalo.  My fear is that the fans and media alike will never give this guy a fair shake.  Sullivan is probably already writing a toxic scathing article about the choice for the AM Buffalo News.  There are problems on this team that are going to take time to fix.  My fear is that everyone will be calling for his head if there isn't instant success.  Lets see how things develop before we try to throw the guy under the bus.

578085[/snapback]

You couldn't have said that any better. I totally agree with everything and I support Dick Jauron 100%.

Problem is, what is DJ gets off to a rough start, say 1-5, then it's going to be over. The town will completely implode, if it hasn't after the news today.

With MS, i think there would have been a lot more excitement for the fans, which is better marketing, and therefore, a bit more slack if MS started out slowly. With the fans, DJ is going to get no slack whatsoever. It's unfortunate, but very true. This could get really ugly quickly in '06.

I'm just so disappointed with the direction though. I wanted TD gone and MM for obvious reasons. But this is not the outcome that i wanted. If somebody presented this outcome to me prior to the firings/resignation, i may have been inclined to keep TD and MM. That is SAD.

Problem is, what is DJ gets off to a rough start, say 1-5, then it's going to be over.  The town will completely implode, if it hasn't after the news today.

With MS, i think there would have been a lot more excitement for the fans, which is better marketing, and therefore, a bit more slack if MS started out slowly.  With the fans, DJ is going to get no slack whatsoever.  It's unfortunate, but very true.  This could get really ugly quickly in '06.

I'm just so disappointed with the direction though.  I wanted TD gone and MM for obvious reasons.  But this is not the outcome that i wanted.  If somebody presented this outcome to me prior to the firings/resignation, i may have been inclined to keep TD and MM.  That is SAD.

578142[/snapback]

I really don't see us starting out very well next year, unless a whole lot of things fall in our favor. Will we be able to get some good free agents? Will Levy, Jauron, and Modrak be able to hit a home run in the draft? We have some good players on this team and that is a BIG plus. Will TKO return to form? Personally, I wouldn't mind a switch back to the 3-4. We have good LB and if we get a big run-plugger in here, our defense could again be very good. Our special teams will be good, if we keep April. I hope we get a creative OC. Who knows? Maybe we will look back on this in a couple years and be thankful that "the most sexy choice" wasn't chosen.

Problem is, what is DJ gets off to a rough start, say 1-5, then it's going to be over.  The town will completely implode, if it hasn't after the news today.

578142[/snapback]

I think that's what Marv wants. Everyone knows he still wants to coach. If Jauron goes 1-5, enough people will call for his head and Marv can step in and try to be a hero. I hope Jauron does well but I think this set the team back 5 years. We're no better now than when they fired Wade.

I think that's what Marv wants. Everyone knows he still wants to coach. If Jauron goes 1-5, enough people will call for his head and Marv can step in and try to be a hero.  I hope Jauron does well but I think this set the team back 5 years. We're no better now than when they fired Wade.

578401[/snapback]

Wrong. Levy has long-respected Jauron. Levy probably views Jauron as a younger version of himself: highly educated person who had a head coach stint elsewhere but never got a fair shot by upper management--just like Levy at KC.

Not everything is a conspiracy. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. Chill everyone.

Wrong. Levy has long-respected Jauron. Levy probably views Jauron as a younger version of himself: highly educated person who had a head coach stint elsewhere but never got a fair shot by upper management--just like Levy at KC.

Not everything is a conspiracy. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. Chill everyone.

578415[/snapback]

Well put. I can't believe the number of people ready to jump off the Peace Bridge over this. <_<