i have resolved to be happy with the hire

He's our guy now, so you have to give him a chance. I'll dig him if we win and hate him if we lose. I am not all that happy with it now, but if he brings in Caldwell to run the O and Capers or someone with a lot of credentials to run the D I won't be too displeased. The OC hire here could be critical.

That said, where are all your stats showing how terrible the Bears and Lions defense has been under his tutelage? :rolleyes:

Agreed. I am quite optimistic about this hire.

he may turn out to be a great coach for the bills -- no one knows at this point. he's clearly smart, and he's run good defenses in the past. let's give him a chance -- the worst thing to do is to B word and moan until september and revel in your own negativity. that's pathetic.

578013[/snapback]

he may turn out to be a great coach for the bills -- no one knows at this point. he's clearly smart, and he's run good defenses in the past. let's give him a chance -- the worst thing to do is to B word and moan until september and revel in your own negativity. that's pathetic.

578013[/snapback]

i did that with GW and MM.. not going to be sold how great this team will be..

I want to know what kind of salesman that Jauron is because we may find it a little difficult to get some top name free agents in here, with The Shuffleboard off to Buffalo guys in charge and an uninspiring head coach. Of course, that could be a good thing. And rather get some good players instead of name players.

The one positive with this initially disappointing hire is for the first time in a while I will not have over-inflated expectations and almost guaranteed not to be disappointed by our record.

I know I can (thankfully) be proved wrong but I can honestly say this is a low-point. I have almost no confindence this team is headed in the right direction.

He's our guy now, so you have to give him a chance. I'll dig him if we win and hate him if we lose. I am not all that happy with it now, but if he brings in Caldwell to run the O and Capers or someone with a lot of credentials to run the D I won't be too displeased. The OC hire here could be critical.

That said, where are all your stats showing how terrible the Bears and Lions defense has been under his tutelage? <_<

578026[/snapback]

i'll have you know, dog, that i posted the very impressive defensive stats of jax between 1995 and 1998 slightly less than a week ago. i'll admit that on the surface that sherman looked like the better coach to me, but what do i know?? i'll just hope for the best and look forward to next year.

That said, where are all your stats showing how terrible the Bears and Lions defense has been under his tutelage? <_<

578026[/snapback]

That's the kicker. A good OC and things might work out.