Just watched Outside the Lines

Hawerchuk10

Just watched outside the lines on ESPN. Had a story about NFL players scalping Super Bowl tickets. Makes me sick. These guys are millionaires scalping SB tickets for a couple thousand dollars. Each player in the league can buy 2 SB tickets but each player in the SB game can buy upto 15 tickets. They had 2 former players saying they scalped their SB tickets and that 85% of the players do it. Rotten SOB's

Just watched outside the lines on ESPN. Had a story about NFL players scalping Super Bowl tickets. Makes me sick. These guys are millionaires scalping SB tickets for a couple thousand dollars. Each player in the league can buy 2 SB tickets but each player in the SB game can buy upto 15 tickets. They had 2 former players saying they scalped their SB tickets and that 85% of the players do it. Rotten SOB's

577323[/snapback]

what is so wrong with them selling their tickets?

wouldn't you?

what is so wrong with them selling their tickets?

wouldn't you?

577335[/snapback]

players are offered tickets as a courtesy by the NFL. If they are not going to use them, they should be turned in and added to the total for each team.

577323[/snapback]

who cares?

players are offered tickets as a courtesy by the NFL.  If they are not going to use them, they should be turned in and added to the total for each team.

577341[/snapback]

They are not offered tickets as a courtesy. They are employees who have to pay for them

With that in mind I would like to see them put to better use. Think about giving them to a charity of less fortunate children.

They are not offered tickets as a courtesy. They are employees who have to pay for them

With that in mind I would like to see them put to better use. Think about giving them to a charity of less fortunate children.

577515[/snapback]

When I said "courtesy", I didn't necessarily mean "free". The NFL, as a courtesy, offers it's employees the chance to attend the end of year party. It's a guaranteed ticket that no one else gets.

If they choose not to attend, the tickets should be refused and IMO, should go to the participating teams' allotments.

Impliment the restriction they have for staffers on the Rose Bowl Committee, and this would end right quick!

A very good friend of mine is on the Rose Bowl Committee. He had 12 tickets for this years game. I bugged the piss out of him, for one ticket. He told me about the restrictions placed upon those who get the complimentary tickets. From my understanding, they actually scan the areas where these complimentary tickets are given out. A list of names has to be submitted to the Board who gives out these tickets. If someone other than who is on the list is sitting in one of these seats, given as a gift, sold without Rose Bowl Board approval, he would loose his position on the Committee.

Maybe he just didn't want to give you a ticket, so he could sell it $2000!! :blink:

That seems like an awful lot of work for a stadium of that size. I don't know how many members of the Rose Bowl committee there are, but I am guessing quite a bit.

That seems like an awful lot of work for a stadium of that size. 

577539[/snapback]

I asked him that very same question. How could they possibly look at everyone who is invited to go to the Rose Bowl Game. Without him telling me specifics, the committee members get the tickets well in advance of the actual game. That's all he would tell me, and then he said, "draw you're own conclusions".

I had joked about going into my local Pac-10 Headquarters (They're located in Walnut Creek, where I live), get a quick internship, and pick up a couple of tickets that way. My buddy told me that the respective conferences get very few tickets. I found that hard to believe, to which was followed up with the comment, "If you are a major sponsor of the Rose Bowl, you get a major ticket allotment".