buythebills.com

BradRiter

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the "players" sent me a link to this site which went live today.

I'm not sure about the viability of the plan, but neither are the guys who put the site up.

buythebills.com

576823[/snapback]

i would definately put some disposable income into having a small investment into this team, problem is being a student, that isn't a lot <_<

would be cool though

I'm not sure about the viability of the plan, but neither are the guys who put the site up.

buythebills.com

576823[/snapback]

Despite our last encounter Brad--I do like your show when I get chance to listen.

This is really interesting. I think thousands of people would be willing to at least kick the tires on this once they get to true prospectus stage. The Packers ownership structure is a good guide. The Celtics were publicly traded until the ownership group in 2003...Think of Russert and Blitzer pumping this on their shows...

I really like this idea but would Tagliabue ever allow something like this to happen?

Sadly...no.

Any sale of a team has to be approved by the league. The league would not approve such a sale because it might not be in the best (read financial) interest of the league to have a team in buffalo vice Los Angeles or Vegas or wherever.

The NFL has allowed Green bay to be a publicly owned team, but it is HIGHLY unlikely that this will be allowed for us.

Sadly...no.

Any sale of a team has to be approved by the league.  The league would not approve such a sale because it might not be in the best (read financial) interest of the league to have a team in buffalo vice Los Angeles or Vegas or wherever. 

The NFL has allowed Green bay to be a publicly owned team, but it is HIGHLY unlikely that this will be allowed for us.

576852[/snapback]

I find it hard to believe that the NFL would want to move the bills. There are other much better options, why screw up such a fan base that has repeatedly sold out and sold much merchandise as well as attracted a large variety of fans from north of the border?

The Cardinals and the Saints seems likely as a much better option, even San Diego but not Buffalo. Well I could be wrong as it did happen before to Baltimore and Cleveland so history might repeat itself. (I certainly hope not)

I find it hard to believe that the NFL would want to move the bills. There are other much better options, why screw up such a fan base that has repeatedly sold out and sold much merchandise as well as attracted a large variety of fans from north of the border?

The Cardinals and the Saints seems likely as a much better option, even San Diego but not Buffalo. Well I could be wrong as it did happen before to Baltimore and Cleveland so history might repeat itself. (I certainly hope not)

Because the league is money hungry. I'm not saying it will happen, but by making the bills a publicly owned team, it can NEVER happen...and im not sure that will sell well with the NFL, especially whaile tagliabue is there... Now condi...

At any rate, I dont know how much thought these guys put into this...my guess is not much. Besides the picture of some city other than buffalo, they plan on raising "10,000,000 shares at $100 per share." or...cue dr. evil...one billion dollars. I dont know about you, but somehow i dont think the bills are worth that.

Its an interesting idea. One which if done properly and professionally MIGHT warrant attention, but for some reason I dont think these "players" are up for the task.

And a domed stadium...pfff...please.

buythebills.com

576823[/snapback]

does this include a free spread of food at the WGR tailgate?

buythebills.com

576823[/snapback]

I believe NFL rules would prevent a corporation from owning a team. GB is grandfathered as the only one.