Henry has surgery

I liked him too, but how may times did you hear Henry's name this year? I for one am glad Donahoe got Marv a 3rd rounder for the guy. Would have been even better if Willis did not fall flat on his face(though, not COMPLETELY HIS FAULT), but I am grateful for the 3rd rounder.

Go Bills!

I liked him too, but how may times did you hear Henry's name this year?  I for one am glad Donahoe got Marv a 3rd rounder for the guy.  Would have been even better if Willis did not fall flat on his face(though, not COMPLETELY HIS FAULT), but I am grateful for the 3rd rounder.

Go Bills!

576881[/snapback]

10th in the league in rushing with 1247 yards is hardly falling flat on his face. Let's give the guy a decent OL and gameplan before throwing in the towel, ok? <_<

Agreed, coaching and the OL were a big part of the problem. But, I think the bottome line is that Willis was a dissapointment this year. I hope he rebounds. I just wish he was sooooo good, that he could just take over games, run out the clock, not run backwards, force the coaches to leave him in on 3rd downs, and actually act like he gives ten sh*its when interviwed.

Agreed, coaching and the OL were a big part of the problem.  But, I think the bottome line is that Willis was a dissapointment this year.  I hope he rebounds.  I just wish he was sooooo good, that he could just take over games, run out the clock, not run backwards, force the coaches to leave him in on 3rd downs, and actually act like he gives ten sh*its when interviwed.

576903[/snapback]

I hear ya, but you have to take the guy for who he is, personality-wise. I don't doubt for one second that he wants to break every play for an 80-yard run, and to me, that's all that matters (provided he picks up a blitzing LB every once in a while as well).

Well, the self-proclaimed "bowling ball rolling downhill covered in razorblades" is apparently under the knife himself, trying return to a position to make a play. I guess this is being in the gutter for him, right?

I always liked Travis's spirit, punishing the defenders. I hope he comes back strong.

Agreed, coaching and the OL were a big part of the problem.  But, I think the bottome line is that Willis was a dissapointment this year.  I hope he rebounds.  I just wish he was sooooo good, that he could just take over games, run out the clock, not run backwards, force the coaches to leave him in on 3rd downs, and actually act like he gives ten sh*its when interviwed.

576903[/snapback]

In order to "run out the clock" and "take over the game" you have to actually "get the ball" in the 4th quarter. While i agree we need to see an improved Wills, the way he was handled was abysmal.

I think I may be involved in my very first Statium Wall controversey/argument (god, I wish I could spell)! Actually, I think we are all on the same page here. I recall the last game of last season against Pittsburgh. Willis was running all over those guys in the first half. Then, for apparently no reason whatsoever, they just stopped giving him the ball. Play calling has sucked for the last 5 years, Williams and Mularkey both blew with regards to play calling.

Saying that he fell flat on his face was a little strong. It is sad, that a team with an almost 1300 yard susher can only muster 5 wins.

Go Bills!

In order to "run out the clock" and "take over the game" you have to actually "get the ball" in the 4th quarter.  While i agree we need to see an improved Wills, the way he was handled was abysmal.

576956[/snapback]

Well its not the best strategy to run out the clock when you're down in the 4th.

10th in the league in rushing with 1247 yards is hardly falling flat on his face.  Let's give the guy a decent OL and gameplan before throwing in the towel, ok?    :blink:

576890[/snapback]

You have to take all aspects into account...Not just the #s that please you...

A RB is completely defined by # of Rushes, # of Yards, # of TDs and YPA...

Though McGahee was 10th in total yards....his # of TDs and YPA were more

in the middle of the pack or the lower half....that was what was most

disappointing...but as the original poster mentioned, not all due to his fault...

You have to take all aspects into account...Not just the #s that please you...

A RB is completely defined by  # of Rushes, # of Yards, # of TDs and YPA...

Though McGahee was 10th in total yards....his # of TDs and YPA were more

in the middle of the pack or the lower half....that was what was most

disappointing...but as the original poster mentioned, not all due to his fault...

577289[/snapback]