FIRE MARV

he already blew his lfirst major decision by deciding to keep Mularkey after guttiong his statff.

Fortunatley, he got a mulligan and hopefully will make a bettere choice this time.

576359[/snapback]

the guy has been out of football for nearly a decade and he's never been a GM or president of operations, whatever the heck that means. heck, he couldnt even make it as a television analyst, that's how weak his analysis was. and he's still under the wacky impression he could be on the sidelines coaching, something wilson had to slap him down on. if we lose sherman or another competent coach over marv, that's would be another tragedy and set the suffering fans up for another few years of hell before the staff is over hauled again. ugh

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, why would anyone want a HOF coach looking over your shoulder. I man after such a successful season with so many spectacular coaching decisions, all Marv would have done is screw up the Mularky vision for the Bills.  B-) 

Where is the sarcasm button?

576360[/snapback]

the point is either let mularkey go or keep him and allow him another year to act as a real coach. the option that was pursued, fire most of his assistants and install marv as the pseudo-coach with mularkey under this thumg - was absurd and never had a chance of working. it was inevitable mularkey would walk. and now we're stuck with marv's expanded role when we're trying to find a new and experienced coach. ugh

the point is either let mularkey go or keep him and allow him another year to act as a real coach.  the option that was pursued, fire most of his assistants and install marv as the pseudo-coach with mularkey under this thumg - was absurd and never had a chance of working.  it was inevitable mularkey would walk.  and now we're stuck with marv's expanded role when we're trying to find a new and experienced coach.  ugh

576374[/snapback]

And my point is that Mularky is an idiot. This is the guy that turned down the Cinci job. Marvin Lewis should send him flowers for such a stupid move. I question Mularky's judgement about employment decisons the same way I question his judgement to throw the ball to the FB on the goal line. B-)

marv was brought in to baby sit mularkey who's now gone.  it makes sense that marv would be a liability to a seasoned competent coach like sherman.  seems like there's signs this is in fact the case.  marv's expanded role beyond GM responsibilities will cramp any good coach they can bring in -- for the good of the team, admit marv's not necessary in light of recent events, pay him some reduced compensation and keep him as a "special consultant" or something, but by all means do whats right for the team and lose the guy.

576091[/snapback]

I find it odd that here it is Saturday morning, and still no other media outlets have picked up on WGR's inside info.

I guess WGR has some real insiders over at OBD.... B-)

Mularkey quit because he was foolishly loyal to TD. I believe he quit because his protection (TD) was fired. Under Marv he would have been exposed. Teflon Tom had excuses for him, Marv takes no excuses.

As far as an experienced coach coming in, I think ANY coach would love the chance to share and learn from Marv.

Coaches like GW and Saunders are in Washington to learn from Gibbs.

Mularkey quit because he was foolishly loyal to TD.  I believe he quit because his protection (TD) was fired.  Under Marv he would have been exposed.  Teflon Tom had excuses for him, Marv takes no excuses.

576400[/snapback]

no, he quit because he didn't want to work here. he'll certainly find another good job (in fact, he already has at least one offer). ever quit a job before because you couldn't take it anymore? if you have, you'll clearly understand what he did.

i admire mularkey for what he did. for those calling him "quitter", i advise you to listen to the immortal johnny paycheck's "take this job and shove it." i suspect that 99% of the people here would have done the same damn thing if they were in his shoes and had his options.

no, he quit because he didn't want to work here. he'll certainly find another good job (in fact, he already has at least one offer).  ever quit a job before because you couldn't take it anymore? if you have, you'll clearly understand what he did.

i admire mularkey for what he did. for those calling him "quitter", i advise you to listen to the immortal johnny paycheck's "take this job and shove it."  i suspect that 99% of the people here would have done the same damn thing if they were in his shoes and had his options.

576410[/snapback]

i agree no matter u think of mularkey's coaching work in buffalo -- good first year, bad second year, thats what the record indicates anyway -- he did the right thing by leaving after most of his assistants were fired and they jammed marv on him. problem is with marv still in there in a "jamming" role, it appears to be making it difficult to find a good replacement for mularkey.

marv was brought in to baby sit mularkey who's now gone.  it makes sense that marv would be a liability to a seasoned competent coach like sherman.  seems like there's signs this is in fact the case.  marv's expanded role beyond GM responsibilities will cramp any good coach they can bring in -- for the good of the team, admit marv's not necessary in light of recent events, pay him some reduced compensation and keep him as a "special consultant" or something, but by all means do whats right for the team and lose the guy.

576091[/snapback]

Isn't it time for your afternoon nap?

Coaches like GW and Saunders are in Washington to learn from Gibbs.

576400[/snapback]

The only reason Williams and Saunders are in Washington is because Daniel Snyder paid them a ton of money not to Coach with Gibbs.

i agree no matter u think of mularkey's coaching work in buffalo -- good first year, bad second year, thats what the record indicates anyway -- he did the right thing by leaving after most of his assistants were fired and they jammed marv on him.  problem is with marv still in there in a "jamming" role, it appears to be making it difficult to find a good replacement for mularkey.

576415[/snapback]

Okay, who would YOU have interviewed in this process since Marv is allegedly scaring all the good coaches away.

The only reason Williams and Saunders are in Washington is because Daniel Snyder paid them a ton of money not to Coach with Gibbs.

576509[/snapback]

That is true, but no matter what Saunders does, he cannot get that HC job. I think he realized that working for Gibbs might give him some more experience and exposure to take a HC job. Remember, GW is tbe next HC for Washington, so Saunders knows he is there for the money and experience to get that HC job.

Okay, who would YOU have interviewed in this process since Marv is allegedly scaring all the good coaches away.

576516[/snapback]

wouldnt be championing a loser like jauron over a winner like sherman - the latter by all accounts had the better interview - for starters. marv loves jauron because he's his buddy and can have jauron as a pawn, unlike a guy with a backbone like sherman -- remember when he got in sapps fat face? it all seems to be about marv's ego and sticking to the absurd "control the coach" plan at this point for him. thats why i say time to admit a mistake and move on -- either fire or refocus marv and fast too.

wouldnt be championing a loser like jauron over a winner like sherman - the latter by all accounts had the better interview - for starters.  marv loves jauron because he's his buddy and can have jauron as a pawn, unlike a guy with a backbone like sherman -- remember when he got in sapps fat face?  it all seems to be about marv's ego and sticking to the absurd "control the coach" plan at this point for him. thats why i say time to admit a mistake and move on -- either fire or refocus marv and fast too.

576549[/snapback]

LOL....Marv ego.......Cute. I think you are confusing Marv with TD. Marv is not in this for ego...unlike TD.