Why I don't watch the olympics

The olympics I think should be about actual sports competion to me the following are not sports and make the olympics a joke.

1. Badminton- Why is this an olympic sport?!?!

2. Beach Volleyball <although it's always good to look at attractive women with their buttcheeks hanging out

3. Synchronized swimming- Table Tennis-water polo :devil:

4. Mens Basketball- The fact a lot of nba ballers passed on this soured me greatly and got me thinking. Let the Ameratuers play, at least they know the concept of Team, and will fight for a loose ball, and to break away from screens, and spread the ball around. They might get embarrsed, but I say give them a shot. It can't be worse than the group thats out there now.

5. The Fact The Mens US Baseball team didn't qualify for the olympics- How sad is it the Place where Baseball was born that a US team can't qualify? :lol:

In closing. The olympics are a joke to me. This is all..... K....Thx :D

I couldn't agree more.I am not really a fan of the "team sports" in the olympics.When I was a kid I think it was Bruce Jenner that did real well in the olympics.I like the field and track sports.I will never watch a mens basketball team play ,because I feel they do not belong in the olympics.They are pros and the pros do not belong.Even if other countries do it I do not agree with it.

The problem with the Olympics is that it was intended to be for "amateur" athletes. However early-on some countries paid their athletes to train for them, as if they were professionals. This made the games unfair. Then they changed it so ALL professionals could play. Then the internet age happened and you could get the news immediately instead of having to wait for it.

Badminton is an Olympic sport because they actually put in sports that other countries in the world play.

Badminton is huge througout Asia. It is regularly televised on sports networks over there. It ain't like the backyard game we used to play drunk off our asses.

If you think Beach Volleyball isn't a difficult sport played by great athletes, I'd love to play against you for money.

The olympics I think should be about actual sports competion to me the following are not sports and make the olympics a joke.

1. Badminton- Why is this an olympic sport?!?!

2. Beach Volleyball <although it's always good to look at attractive women with their buttcheeks hanging out

3.  Synchronized swimming- Table Tennis-water polo  :devil:

4. Mens Basketball- The fact a lot of nba ballers passed on this soured me greatly and got me thinking. Let the Ameratuers play, at least they know the concept of Team, and will fight for a loose ball, and to break away from screens, and spread the ball around.  They might get embarrsed, but I say give them a shot. It can't be worse than the group thats out there now.

5.  The Fact The Mens US Baseball team didn't qualify for the olympics- How sad is it the Place where Baseball was born that a US team can't qualify?  :lol:

In closing. The olympics are a joke to me.  This is all..... K....Thx  :D

221[/snapback]

Cliff Claven ? Is that you ?

actually basketball and baseball 'd be the only sports i'd watch (if only french tv could show some! but they prefer to show us fencing, judo or kayak, those sports where it looks like the only guys competing are frenchmen!)... international basketball can be superb, and you 'll probably see better fundamental basketball in half a game in the olympics (if it's not a game with the US team) than in half a NBA season! and the baseball competition is full of interesting prospects playing for the love of the game. In Barcelona i saw about 7 or 8 games of the baseball comepetion and it was really fun (P Nevin was the US team backstop that year)

4. Mens Basketball- The fact a lot of nba ballers passed on this soured me greatly and got me thinking. Let the Ameratuers play, at least they know the concept of Team, and will fight for a loose ball, and to break away from screens, and spread the ball around. They might get embarrsed, but I say give them a shot. It can't be worse than the group thats out there now.

5. The Fact The Mens US Baseball team didn't qualify for the olympics- How sad is it the Place where Baseball was born that a US team can't qualify?

4. Because when it was college players, nobody from this country watched and they rarely won.

5. Who managed them this year? They should've kept Lasorda, if they had some other guy in there.

The US Men's Basketball team has only lost 3 times in the history of the olympics.

One this year, one I believe in 2000 and the time the refs gave it to the Russians in 1972 when they replayed the last 3 seconds I think 3 times.

Archived