I Will Say This About Dick Jauron

JDG

The man coached a 13-3 season with a roster that included Jim Miller as QB, Anthony Thomas as RB, no TE whom you have ever heard of, and Marty Booker as the only consistent WR.

Chicago Bears 2001 Roster

If you can get 13-3 out of that roster with *any* schedule in the NFL, you can't be a all bad as a coach.

JDG

The man coached a 13-3 season with a roster that included Jim Miller as QB, Anthony Thomas as RB, no TE whom you have ever heard of, and Marty Booker as the only consistent WR.

If you can get 13-3 out of that roster with *any* schedule in the NFL, you can't be a all bad as a coach.

JDG

572224[/snapback]

That defense was ridiculous that year. Much like it was this year.

Don't remember the specifics but the general feeling around here was that the 'ball bounced in favor of Chicago' very often that year in the close games.

572230[/snapback]

'Zackly. When that team got to the playoffs, it melted down much like THIS year's Bears squad.

Don't remember the specifics but the general feeling around here was that the 'ball bounced in favor of Chicago' very often that year in the close games.

572230[/snapback]

well the bills went 9-7 last year with a far more talented offense than the 2001 bears and a defense that surpassed that bears team in every statistical category, including turnovers. and let's not forget special teams last year. plus the bills schedule was easy too. 13-3 is 13-3 -- it ain't easy to do.

I'm so happy that Meathead is gone, it won't bother me if Jauron is the choice... But since this is Dick Jauron :blink: , I do expect nothing more for him than a 2-year contract, a quick hook if he starts to tank, and a viable OC/DC replacement HC ready to take the gig if necessary. :w00t::w00t:

JDG

572224[/snapback]

they had a weak schedule :blink:..........really i agree, the weak schedule is the most overused excuse for a teams success..........

572230[/snapback]

Mike Brown had about a half dozen huge plays that year that changed games.

Still, he won 13 games with Jim Miller as QB. That's something.

572230[/snapback]

You mean like how the ball didn't bounce our way this year? You make your own luck...

I was not pleased initially to hear Jauron was a front runner. But the more I hear about him, the less hesitant I am about him being hired.

Mike Brown had about a half dozen huge plays that year that changed games.

Still, he won 13 games with Jim Miller as QB.  That's something.

572312[/snapback]

the game against the Browns was absolutely nuts............i lost a lot of money on it..............they got a touchdown, onside kick, touchdown, onside kick touchdown......what are the odds...........21 points in the last 2 minutes or something crazy......... thats not one onside kick recoverd...but 2 within the last couple minutes of the game

the game against the Browns was absolutely nuts............i lost a lot of money on it..............they got a touchdown, onside kick, touchdown, onside kick touchdown......what are the odds...........21 points in the last 2 minutes or something crazy......... thats not one onside kick recoverd...but 2 within the last couple minutes of the game

572317[/snapback]

i remember that game. courtney brown looked like he was going to be one of the greatest defensive ends ever. he got hurt (again) the following week, as i recall.

i remember that game. courtney brown looked like he was going to be one of the greatest defensive ends ever. he got hurt (again) the following week, as i recall.

572325[/snapback]

jeez was i wrong...........those ole betting stories get crazier by the minute.......here it is

Last weekend, the Cleveland Browns, another surprise team in this season of surprises, had a 21-7 lead with 30 seconds to play. A touchdown pass, onside kick and Hail Mary touchdown on the final play tied the game.

And then Brown did it again by picking off a deflected pass and dancing 16 yards into the end zone to complete the comeback.

Bad news Bears, no more.

and i also remember being so shocked at the crazy game now.......i did think Chicago was kind of a fraud and made alot of money off of them when they lost to the philadelphia eagles in the playoffs.............

that was the year of dominant mcnaab.....i believe phillys first of several nfc champion runner ups

Still, he won 13 games with Jim Miller as QB.  That's something.

572312[/snapback]

Indeed. And he didn't even have Miller for the playoff game -- as I recall, Miller snapped a fetlock in the first quarter and was replaced by the amazingly noodle-armed . . . Shane Matthews. Lombardi himself couldn't've overcome that.