I've Got A Sickening Feeling = Jauron

I'm getting a sickening feeling in my stomach. The kind that would peak as the Bills name Dick head coach.

It's the same sickening feeling I had when Greggie was named head coach over Marvin Lewis and John Fox. . . and the same as when MM was named head coach over Charlie Weiss. I still can't get over that one. Anybody with half a brain could see Weiss' offense was better than MM's.

A third sickening head coach announcement would be about all I could take. That would about wrap it up for me regarding this team. What about you guys? Many tried to talk up the MM hiring once it was official. It was a joke. I double-dare you to try and talk up Jauron's hiring if/when it happens. You'd get ripped by 90% of this board, me thinks.

I'm getting a sickening feeling in my stomach. The kind that would peak as the Bills name Dick head coach.

It's the same sickening feeling I had when Greggie was named head coach over Marvin Lewis and John Fox. . . and the same as when MM was named head coach over Charlie Weiss. I still can't get over that one. Anybody with half a brain could see Weiss' offense was better than MM's.

A third sickening head coach announcement would be about all I could take. That would about wrap it up for me regarding this team. What about you guys? Many tried to talk up the MM hiring once it was official. It was a joke. I double-dare you to try and talk up Jauron's hiring if/when it happens. You'd get ripped by 90% of this board, me thinks.

571908[/snapback]

90% of this board can bite me. :huh:

There is only coach I wouldn't be able to stomach, and that's Martz. I'm willing to give anyone a chance.

That said, GO SHERMAN!

Actually, go APRIL! But since that doesn't look likely...

571908[/snapback]

I agree 100%. Fox or Lewis would have been the better decision. I will puke if we hire Jauron over the much more proven Sherman. If we hire Jauron, it will be like TD never left.

90% of this board can bite me.  :huh:

There is only coach I wouldn't be able to stomach, and that's Martz.  I'm willing to give anyone a chance.

That said, GO SHERMAN!

Actually, go APRIL!  But since that doesn't look likely...

571911[/snapback]

I can't stand Fartz, but if given a choice, I'd take him over Jauron. At least we'd score some points. Anybody get a look at Jauron's offenses with the Bears and Lions? Granted the talent level wasn't great on those teams, but it could be argued that Harrington = JP, Kevin Jones = Willis (this year at least) and the Lion WRs were grossly misused.

Why is Jauron even in the interviewing process with us? That's a mystery to me.

I can't stand Fartz, but if given a choice, I'd take him over Jauron. At least we'd score some points. Anybody get a look at Jauron's offenses with the Bears and Lions? Granted the talent level wasn't great on those teams, but it could be argued that Harrington = JP, Kevin Jones = Willis (this year at least) and the Lion WRs were grossly misused.

Why is Jauron even in the interviewing process with us? That's a mystery to me.

571915[/snapback]

He's tight with Levy. Let's hope that TD factor doesn't weigh in with Marv.

I agree 100%.  Fox or Lewis would have been the better decision.  I will puke if we hire Jauron over the much more proven Sherman.  If we hire Jauron, it will be like TD never left.

571913[/snapback]

Wow. . . who is that chickee in your avatar? Can I pretend that she's a Bills fan. . . and wants Sherman over Jauron?

He's tight with Levy.  Let's hope that TD factor doesn't weigh in with Marv.

571917[/snapback]

Yes, let's hope that friendship will not sway Marv. Let's hope he does the right thing and passes on his buddy. Can you imagine the fan backlash if Jauron is hired? It would get very ugly, maybe even with a capital "U". . .

Yes, let's hope that friendship will not sway Marv. Let's hope he does the right thing and passes on his buddy. Can you imagine the fan backlash if Jauron is hired? It would get very ugly, maybe even with a capital "U". . .

571921[/snapback]

Agreed. Someone has finally got to grow some stones and get away from this friendship crap and hire the best coach for the job. That TD way of thinking has got to go.

So much for the "exhaustive" search, huh?!?!

Unless "exhaustive" means two candidates for a couple of guys in their 80s

In all honesty though, it kind of sickens me that they didn't even get Sean Payton into Buffalo after getting permission to interview him. I mean, the NO position can't be any better off than what we have to offer right?!?!?

Oh well, add another ulcer to my already deteriorating body.....

So much for the "exhaustive" search, huh?!?!

Unless "exhaustive" means two candidates for a couple of guys in their 80s

In all honesty though, it kind of sickens me that they didn't even get Sean Payton into Buffalo after getting permission to interview him.  I mean, the NO position can't be any better off than what we have to offer right?!?!?

Oh well, add another ulcer to my already deteriorating body.....

571930[/snapback]

I agree that the Golden Boys are kind of limiting their search. . . but I'm not sorry to see Payton go elsewhere. As I stated on anoither post, he is the same guy who had his play calling duties yanked away from him at mid-season by Jim Fassel in New York in 2000. Then, coincidentally the Giant offense took flight, and got them into the Superbowl. It was a huge story that year, yet nobody seems to remember it now.

I agree that Donahoe's coaching hires are THE reason he's not here anymore, and that our near-term future is PAIN, but we don't really know if Weiss WANTED the job. For all we know, they met, discussed the job, and Weiss expressed an interest in keeping his options open for south bend.

Missing on Fox stinks. That guy would have been a perfect fit in Buffalo.

But we're going to do it again. We haven't beaten 'em, so we should join 'em, which means pluck a coach from the belichick tree.

Ferentz. But It won't happen.

And I'll take any bet that believes the Bills will win a Lombardi in Ralph's lifetime.

Ah, Good Cheer.

Jauron is the worst candidate out there. I have absolutely no idea why he keeps getting consideration for HC jobs. It's almost like way back when they kept putting Steve Guttenberg in movies. Finally, one movie executive said, "Wait a second. Maybe our movies always suck because that Guttenberg douche bag is in them"

That's my take on Jauron.

I will go on record as saying that I would prefer Jauron over any of the other candidates that have been associated with the Bills job. Given the impatience of Bills fans, and the growing dissatisfaction that people seem to be having with this team, it is going to take someone smart (not necessarily overly emotional) to lead this team. If what Marv wrote about Levy is true (and I have heard it from other places too), Jauron is a smart football coach, who knows how to utilize that talent he has (his Bears teams had little talent), and lets his coaches coach.

571908[/snapback]

Hate to bust youre bubble, but neither Fox, nor Lewis, not Weiss is available right now. :blink:

Let's see...a guy with a losing record as a head coach, trained under Kay Stephenson in Buffalo.  Last coached as an assistant in DETROIT...and he's a front runer here?

572162[/snapback]

Fast and loose with the facts, soundbytes and spin.

Save that crap for PPP, ok?