Why Not Mike Martz?

marck

I was wondering why the name of Mike Martz has not come up as a possible coaching candidate for the Buffalo Bills.

With Levy and Modrak making oersonnel decisions and providing the on-field talent, Martz could use his skills as a developer of quarterbacks to get Loseman moving in the right direction and use the existing personnel to put together an exciting offense.

Now, I would only do this hire if the Bills were to add a strong defensive coordinator such as a Dick Jauron or Dom Capers who would act as a "strong assistant". I would keep Bobby April as Special Teams coach and award him a top salary so we don't lose him.

I believe this coaching staff would put the Bills back in playoff contention with an exciting offense, great special teams and a defense that could be back into the top 10 in the NFL.

Thoughts and feedback please.

I was wondering why the name of Mike Martz has not come up as a possible coaching candidate for the Buffalo Bills.

570757[/snapback]

Probably because Bobby April would take a swing at him the moment he enters the building for his interview.

This team does not need an "I'm smarter than you are" personality running things. Martz may be known for an innovative offense, but he completely neglected the defense and special teams in St. Louis.

Probably because Bobby April would take a swing at him the moment he enters the building for his interview.

This team does not need an "I'm smarter than you are" personality running things.  Martz may be known for an innovative offense, but he completely neglected the defense and special teams in St. Louis.

570767[/snapback]

That and the fact that mike martz is allergic to running the ball...

Please review the link below to see Marchall Faulks stats in the years that Mike Martz was the head coach.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/2/2728/career

What he does is run more of a spread offense which provides gaps to run through. The Bills have offensive line issues so why not work around those issues by using schemes allowing for different ways to move th efootball.

That and the fact that mike martz is allergic to running the ball...

570769[/snapback]