I think Mangini will be a good hire for Jets

jahnyc

Mangini seems to have real potential. Smart and trained under Belichick. I had hoped the Bills would have at least talked to him.

Saban, Belichick and Mangini. If Mangini is the real deal, this will be a tough group of coaches to face twice a year.

I dont know this just seems like when everyone went and hired all the green bay coaches.

Gruden, Reid, Mornhinweg, Mooch..

Odds are one or more off this parcells/belichick coaching tree will be a flop. It's too early to say whether or not Mangini will be the mornhinweg of this group, he's young, he only had one year as a coordinator. I'll wait awhile before declaring him the 2nd coming.

I dont know this just seems like when everyone went and hired all the green bay coaches. 

Gruden, Reid, Mornhinweg, Mooch..

Odds are one or more off this parcells/belichick coaching tree will be a flop.  It's too early to say whether or not Mangini will be the mornhinweg of this group, he's young, he only had one year as a coordinator.  I'll wait awhile before declaring him the 2nd coming.

570424[/snapback]

Don't forget Jauron ... he might be here next.

I agree that he could be a flop, but I also like taking a chance on a coach that is smart and likely well trained. Maybe the problem is that I am not excited about the group of possible head coaches that the media is reporting we are going to interview.

I do recall feeling that Weis was the guy when we last were looking for a coach. I was disappointed when we hired MM. This time I feel like the Bills are looking at a bunch of guys with very mixed track records (Sherman, Jauron and Haslett). Then again, Marv's record before joining the Bills was similarly mixed.

Mangini seems to have real potential.    I had hoped the Bills would have at least talked to him.

Saban, Belichick and Mangini.  If Mangini is the real deal, this will be a tough group of coaches to face twice a year.

570420[/snapback]

The Bills seem to be asleep at the wheel.

The Bills are scouring the league for someone in the Hank Bullough, Jim Ringo, or Harvey Johnson category.

BTW, which Bills head coach has the best winning pct. after Marv Levy?

Answer: Wade Phillips .604 (Levy .615) but Levy had Jim Kelly, Thurman Thomas and Andre Reed. Phillips had Rob Johnson and Antoine Smith.

The Bills seem to be asleep at the wheel.

The Bills are scouring the league for someone in the Hank Bullough, Jim Ringo, or Harvey Johnson category.

BTW, which Bills head coach has the best winning pct. after Marv Levy?

Answer: Wade Phillips  .604 (Levy .615) but Levy had Jim Kelly, Thurman Thomas and Andre Reed. Phillips had Rob Johnson and Antoine Smith.

570488[/snapback]

Ahhh... I beg to differ... Bum's kid had the midget as his main QB for 2/3 years he HC'd in Buffalo. There is the difference make. :D

With RJ at the helm, he was a pedestrian 8-8. You just know that the second playoff game (that never was) would have been a charm for "The Drop Kick Flutie."

:D:D

The Midget Rules!