My new favorite player in the NFL is...

eball

Steve Smith. How can you not like and root for this guy? He has every characteristic you look for in a player; he's talented, tough, and looks like he's really having fun out there. He's arguably Carolina's only legitimate threat, and teams know exactly what he's going to do. Nonetheless, he still does it. At 5'9" no less.

Great, great player. Can't wait to see what he does next week.

Steve Smith.  How can you not like and root for this guy?  He has every characteristic you look for in a player; he's talented, tough, and looks like he's really having fun out there.  He's arguably Carolina's only legitimate threat, and teams know exactly what he's going to do.  Nonetheless, he still does it.  At 5'9" no less.

Great, great player.  Can't wait to see what he does next week.

569439[/snapback]

He seems unstoppable to me. I like the Carolina team as a whole.

Steve Smith.  How can you not like and root for this guy?  He has every characteristic you look for in a player; he's talented, tough, and looks like he's really having fun out there.  He's arguably Carolina's only legitimate threat, and teams know exactly what he's going to do.  Nonetheless, he still does it.  At 5'9" no less.

569439[/snapback]

There hasn't been a player that smallin size in the NFL who can totally take over a game by himself since our own beloved Thurman (in his prime).

J. Peppers is almost as much of freak on the defense as Steve Smith is on offense.

GO PANTHERS!

569439[/snapback]

I don't understand how he can get doubled so consistently and still be so damn good. Seattle better triple cover him.

yea, can't have enough guys that enjoy sucker-punching their teamates.........real stand-up character there.....

569475[/snapback]

While I had no knowledge of this story before you mentioned it, I'd offer the following:

a. It happened more than three years ago -- think maybe some people learn and mature as they get older?

b. Smith offered a prompt and well-worded apology to the WR he punched, his team, coaches, and fans.

c. "There is no indication as to what caused the fight or if there was any provocation."

To call this incident an indictment of Steve Smith's character is pretty careless on your part.

There hasn't been a player that smallin size in the NFL who can totally take over a game by himself since our own beloved Thurman (in his prime).

J. Peppers is almost as much of freak on the defense as Steve Smith is on offense.

GO PANTHERS!

569464[/snapback]

It was kind of strange to see a DE pick up the ball and run away from a WR, and not even look like he was really in top gear ...

While I had no knowledge of this story before you mentioned it, I'd offer the following:

a. It happened more than three years ago -- think maybe some people learn and mature as they get older?

b. Smith offered a prompt and well-worded apology to the WR he punched, his team, coaches, and fans.

c. "There is no indication as to what caused the fight or if there was any provocation."

To call this incident an indictment of Steve Smith's character is pretty careless on your part.

569524[/snapback]

a. tell that to marv levy, who only wants high character players on his team i.e. if you made a mistake in the past he does not want you on his team

b. and what did you expect him to say?

c. i don't care what the guy said -- he sucker-punched the guy and then proceeded to label him a few more times when the guy couldn't defend himself........there is no excuse for that

it is an indictment of smith's character.......he screwed up and showed himself to be a classless individual.....

a. tell that to marv levy, who only wants high character players on his team i.e. if you made a mistake in the past he does not want you on his team

569537[/snapback]

Speaking of which, Marv would apparently never draft Ben Roethlisberger, since he wears his baseball hat backwards.

c. i don't care what the guy said -- he sucker-punched the guy and then proceeded to label him a few more times when the guy couldn't defend himself........there is no excuse for that

it is an indictment of smith's character.......he screwed up and showed himself to be a classless individual.....

569537[/snapback]

He was also named the team's "Man of the Year" in 2004 for his community service work.

I agree....He is the most underrated player in the NFL. He might even be the best receiver. It's not like he has Peyton Manning throwing to him like Marvin Harrison.

569439[/snapback]

569537[/snapback]

I didn't realize Anthony Bright is a contributor to TSW. I guess you learn something new every day. :pirate: