Who would you rather have

Hawerchuk10

The great ones get it done. Jerry Rice faced double coverage on the majority of his Super Bowl snaps yet he had a huge game every time on the biggest stage there is. Peyton's current legacy is excuses.

The team put around him in 2005 was built to win this year. Manning's cap figure next year jumps to 17.6 million. Will he ever get a better shot than he had this year?

569088[/snapback]

Does everyone have reading comprehension problems or what? HE, HE, HE, HE, HE ... there is no HE in TEAM. Will his TEAM ever get a better shot? I dont know.

He did not lose this game. His 22/38 for 290 yards and a TD did NOT lose this game. The crappy play of the defense and the protection problems from the offensive line lost this game.

Let me ask you a question. If Willis McGahee ran for 65 yards and TD, against the Pittsburgh defense on a day when the Bills offensive line kept letting the Steelers INTO THE BACKFIELD and the defense let the Steelers offense walk all over them ... would you say McGahee lost the game or would you say The Defense and Offensive Line cost the game?

Ridiculous.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll let you answer that yourself:

There you go.

Only having two HOFers around you on offense is a bad thing?!

569098[/snapback]

Good point ... and overall I think you brought a really good argument. Better than I expected and quite simply better than many on this board (that I have seen thus far) and I must say that you have convinced me that Brady is a better QB than I have given him credit for.

That being said, I still believe Manning is the better, overall, pure QB. But thats just me.

Good point ... and overall I think you brang a really good arguement. Better than I expected and quite simply better than many on this board (that I have seen thus far) and I must say that you have convinced me that Brady is a better QB than I have given him credit for.

That being said, I still believe Manning is the better, overall, pure QB. But thats just me.

Fair enough.

Good debating with you.

Does everyone have reading comprehension problems or what? HE, HE, HE, HE, HE ... there is no HE in TEAM. Will his TEAM ever get a better shot? I dont know.

He did not lose this game. His 22/38 for 290 yards and a TD did NOT lose this game. The crappy play of the defense and the protection problems from the offensive line lost this game.

Let me ask you a question. If Willis McGahee ran for 65 yards and TD, against the Pittsburgh defense on a day when the Bills offensive line kept letting the Steelers INTO THE BACKFIELD and the defense let the Steelers offense walk all over them ... would you say McGahee lost the game or would you say The Defense and Offensive Line cost the game?

Ridiculous.

569095[/snapback]

The analogy doesn't work. Manning has the ball and the responsibility for reading the defense on every play. Heck, he even makes the in game strategy decisions on whether to go for it or not now. He's the highest paid player in a salary cap league - by that right, he is the player on the team that needs to accept the most responsibility. McGahee has no playcalling control. But here's the rub - if McGahee after the game threw his QB (for not calling the right audibles) and his line under the bus, I'd probably criticize him. The league's too tough to have adversaries wearing the same color uniform as you.

Peyton chose to sign his latest contract of his own free will, and said contract's structure makes it so he gets the most money in the league. That leaves Polian the least money in the league to pay the other 52 players. I think it's pretty obvious that Peyton was all about Peyton on signing day, but he's all about blaming his offensive line today.

One other thing I didn't like. Glenn got called for a false start on the Mungro TD that was called back, and Peyton gesticulated to the crowd to pipe down after the play. I thought that said a lot about his focus, or lack thereof. Manning played all year with amazing protection, but a good defense is going to impose its will on a few plays here and there. The guy just rubs me the wrong way.

I'll take Brady. Everyday of the week and twice on Sunday! He's 10x the QB Manning will ever be. For the people that are gonna bust on me... Brady 3 Super Bowl championships! Manning 0, can't even make it there.

568737[/snapback]

And Brushci is 10 times the linebacker that Urlacher is.

Brushci 3 Super Bowl championships! Urlacher 0, can't even make it there.

And Kevin Faulk is 10 times the running back that Tomlinson is.

Kevin Faulk 3 Super Bowl championships! Tomlinson 0, can't even make it there.

..... it's a team game, idiot.

And Brushci is 10 times the linebacker that Urlacher is.

Brushci 3 Super Bowl championships! Urlacher 0, can't even make it there.

And Kevin Faulk is 10 times the running back that Tomlinson is.

Kevin Faulk 3 Super Bowl championships! Tomlinson 0, can't even make it there.

..... it's a team game, idiot.

569366[/snapback]

That point is idiotic...QBs are like pitchers in a baseball game. They have much more control over who wins and who loses because they impact every single play while their team is on the field. LBs and RBs do not have as much impact on the games outcomes overall. They may make a single big play but the QB handles the football on every offensive snap and his recognition and decision making skills can hurt or help his team to victory much more than anything LBs or RBs do.

I said this Saturday night- Comparing Brady to Manning is like comparing Montana to Marino twenty years ago.

If you were looking for amazing stats, Marino was your guy.

Montana, I think, was a third round pick, which while not as low as Brady, was certainly low enough that no one appreciated that he was a football player first, QB second.

Here is another thing to remember about the NE OL: that same line that allowed Mo Lewis to send Drew to the hospital protected Brady just fine as they won their first SB.

Let's summarize- I'll take the guy that fits into his team and improves their play.

That point is idiotic...QBs are like pitchers in a baseball game. They have much more control over who wins and who loses because they impact every single play while their team is on the field. LBs and RBs do not have as much impact on the games outcomes overall. They may make a single big play but the QB handles the football on every offensive snap and his recognition and decision making skills can hurt or help his team to victory much more than anything LBs or RBs do.

569369[/snapback]

I get the premise of this post, but I dont agree with the concept. Baseball is more about individual matchups. Pitcher vs the batter. Where as what everyone does around the quaterback in a football game direcetly affects said quaterback. While their overall importance is more significant then that of a lb or a rb, since they do touch the ball every play, what goes on around them also plays a big part, which is why you win and lose as a team. I still stand by the basic principles of winning football. Win in the trenches. Run the ball and stop the run and you'll win the majority of your games.

I said this Saturday night- Comparing  Brady to Manning is like comparing Montana to Marino twenty years ago. 

If you were looking for amazing stats, Marino was your guy.

Montana, I think, was a third round pick, which while not as low as Brady, was certainly low enough that no one appreciated that he was a football player first, QB second.

Here is another thing to remember about the NE OL:  that same line that allowed Mo Lewis to send Drew to the hospital protected Brady just fine as they won their first SB.

Let's summarize-  I'll take the guy that fits into his team and improves their play.

569376[/snapback]

The Montana-Marino comparison is good for a reason. If I looked at that situation, I'd have taken the 49ers as they were a more complete team.

As for the "summary", I also agree. Brady fits NE like a glove. I think Manning would be a better fit for more teams (and make them better). If they were playing for Houston and Detroit, neither would sniff the playoffs...but, you'd still be able to tell Manning was something special. iI'm not sure I'd say that for Brady.

the topic is Payton vs Brady, not the Colts vs the Pats.

Brady on any other team is a good QB. above average. around # 8 best QB in the NFL.

Manning on any team is a great QB. all around top 3 QB in the NFL.

you can say brady has the rings, but without their headcoach and assistant coaches, he would be lucky to even get a shot at one.

when we are talking player vs player... Payton is a better player.

when we are talking team vs team... the Pats have shown to be the better team for the past several years.

the topic is Payton vs Brady, not the Colts vs the Pats.

Brady on any other team is a good QB. above average. around # 8 best QB in the NFL.

Manning on any team is a great QB. all around top 3 QB in the NFL.

you can say brady has the rings, but without their headcoach and assistant coaches, he would be lucky to even get a shot at one.

when we are talking player vs player... Payton is a better player.

when we are talking team vs team... the Pats have shown to be the better team for the past several years.

569821[/snapback]

This is all so stupid because we don't know sh-- about what Brady would do on another team. But the fact remains he puts up very good stats and has 3 rings vs mannings 0 super bowl appearances. That being said...I think if you took Brady and Manning out of their respective teams/systems Brady would thrive more than manning. Brady is a better mover in the pocket and is more accurate than Manning IMO, and Brady took a pounding this year. I am about to throw up but I've seen Elway, Marino and Kelly and Montana and Young in their prime and Brady is the best QB i've ever watched. Now I must self-mortificate myself because what I just said is indeed a sin.

I'll take Brady. Everyday of the week and twice on Sunday! He's 10x the QB Manning will ever be. For the people that are gonna bust on me... Brady 3 Super Bowl championships! Manning 0, can't even make it there.

568737[/snapback]

I would take Brady becuase he's excellent under pressure and remains calm when things aren't running smoothly. He's a winner and knows how to get the job done. The super bowls certainly help his case even more.