Officials are terrible in the NFL

billsboys

I think we should stick a chip in the darn ball and chips in the field (im not computer expert, so someone can clarify this for me) and let the computers tell us whether it is a first down or not.

568703[/snapback]

NO ONE TOUCH IT! It's still looking for a third satellite!!!

The league needs to do something about this.  Steelers deserved to win today.  The officials I think wanted to see the Colts win. :lol:

568701[/snapback]

that no-call on the pass interference in the first half and that play with polamalu on the OBVIOUS interception are two of the worst calls i've seen in a long time. also, that "no-foul" play where four colts were offsides on fnaeca's flinch...just ridiculous. bad day for the zebras...it looked like they thought they were calling a patriots game.

that no-call on the pass interference in the first half and that play with polamalu on the OBVIOUS interception are two of the worst calls i've seen in a long time.  also, that "no-foul" play where four colts were offsides on fnaeca's flinch...just ridiculous.  bad day for the zebras...it looked like they thought they were calling a patriots game.

568729[/snapback]

If it were a Pats game ALL the bad calls would have gone one-way, no?

since faneca's flinch was so tiny as to be almost invisible, it should have ben a 5 yard offside penalty on the colts.  what bad calls went the steelers way?  i can't think of one at the moment.

568753[/snapback]

That officiating crew should be booted out of the NFL. See how many show up on the officials roster next season.

since faneca's flinch was so tiny as to be almost invisible, it should have ben a 5 yard offside penalty on the colts.  what bad calls went the steelers way?  i can't think of one at the moment.

568753[/snapback]

What?!?! It clearly wasn't invisible if the entire Colts team saw it. I even saw it when it happened.

There may have been bad calls the other way, but come on -- what bad calls went the Steelers way? That was a HUGE one -- took away at least one possession for the Colts.

CW

The league needs to do something about this.  Steelers deserved to win today.  The officials I think wanted to see the Colts win. :lol:

568701[/snapback]

For one---I think they need YOUNG guys as officials..these guys are way too old--and I am speaking as a 'not so young guy anymore'(late 40s).I think the officials should be very bright(at least 130 IQ)--and preferrably in their early thirties to early 40s.--Enough of these stodgy old fools with slow reflexes out there.This is a billion dollar business----get some real refs out there who are full-timers--and pay them very well.

What?!?!  It clearly wasn't invisible if the entire Colts team saw it.  I even saw it when it happened.

There may have been bad calls the other way, but come on -- what bad calls went the Steelers way?  That was a HUGE one -- took away at least one possession for the Colts.

CW

568764[/snapback]

What flinch? I saw the guy move his head about 1/4 of an inch. Go back on Tivo and watch every olineman on every play. You'd see that much of a flinch on 80% of the plays. The Colts tried for cheap penalty and even their compliant officials wouldn't go along.

That officiating crew should be booted out of the NFL.  See how many show up on the officials roster next season.

568762[/snapback]

ALL of them will be in the NFL next year (unless there's a retirement I don't know about).

ALL of them will be in the NFL next year (unless there's a retirement I don't know about).

568794[/snapback]

How do you know that since the NFL NEVER announces the names when they drop officials? Fans have to look to see who is missing the next season to figure it out.

How do you know that  since the NFL NEVER announces the names when they drop officials?  Fans have to look to see who is missing the next season to figure it out.

568803[/snapback]

Because these guys were chosen for the playoffs. My understanding is they get chosen to work the playoffs because they scored well on their evaluations. The NFL doesn't just drop officials for "making a bad call". These guys will all be back...trust me on this.

What?!?!  It clearly wasn't invisible if the entire Colts team saw it.  I even saw it when it happened.

There may have been bad calls the other way, but come on -- what bad calls went the Steelers way?  That was a HUGE one -- took away at least one possession for the Colts.

CW

568764[/snapback]

Granted the Pitt Olineman moved a half an inch, but the refs didn't see/call it. But half the defense came over the line. Why was this a "no call." Should have been one or the other.

For one---I think they need YOUNG guys as officials..these guys are way too old--and I am speaking as a 'not so young guy anymore'(late 40s).I think the officials should be very bright(at least 130 IQ)--and preferrably in their early thirties to early 40s.--Enough of these stodgy old fools with slow reflexes out there.This is a billion dollar business----get some real refs out there who are full-timers--and pay them very well.

568770[/snapback]

I understand the need for younger officials and better pay, but I do not understand full-time . What would they be doing from Feb - Jul ?

Because these guys were chosen for the playoffs.  My understanding is they get chosen to work the playoffs because they scored well on their evaluations.  The NFL doesn't just drop officials for "making a bad call".  These guys will all be back...trust me on this.

568807[/snapback]

I bet they can depend on an overall 'F' from Pittsburgh. Just might have lowered their average.

What flinch?  I saw the guy move his head about 1/4 of an inch.  Go back on Tivo and watch every olineman on every play.  You'd  see that much of a flinch on 80% of the plays.  The Colts tried for cheap penalty and even their compliant officials wouldn't go along.

568780[/snapback]

i know...and i thought i was being kind to the colts by calling it a "flinch."

Another one?  Ben R was sacked and fumbled, but the refs blew it dead.  It was the play where he got hurt on.

CW

568817[/snapback]

Bad example. They had already whistled the play dead for in the grasp. If anything that was a late shot by Pitt that caused the fumble. So I take it back. It was a good example of bad officiating