How long will Dungy be with the Colts?

They're still cursed by the Colts Marching Band!  It makes no difference who the coach is, they've got another 70 or so years to go! :pirate:  :doh:

569300[/snapback]

Actually, I think it's the "HamBeens" curse. Locally the team is trying to takeover adjacent land for the new stadium. The NK Hurst Co is a longstanding local business who's fighting the takeover.

Link: http://www.hurstbeans.com/

Who knew that beans could be so deadly :huh:

Yeah, because EVERY coach who flames out in their first stint wins 3 SB's the 2nd time around.

569618[/snapback]

Of course that's not the point, but when has that ever mattered around here.

I am almost starting to think that the Colts inability to win playoff games is partially because of Tony Dungy. Has he had problems with this, coaching elsewhere?

569019[/snapback]

Tampa Bay....Gruden took the same bunch of guys and won a SuperBowl

Ladies and gentlemen, the exception that proves the rule.  :blink:

569774[/snapback]

Sure. So I guess getting a proven winner was the ticket for Dallas and Kansas City. Just like it was for Miami when they got JJ.

There is no one formula for success. Sticking with a 'proven' winner doesn't necessarily buy you anything. Going with a 'hot' coordinator, obviously, doesn't either.

This has nothing to do with Dungy......John Clayton has already reported this, but in case you missed it, a little old Italian lady put an evil curse on the Colts as their vans pulled out of the city of Baltimore en route to Indianapolis, as she gave them the evil eye and spat on the ground she proclaimed........" that team will never win anything ever again!"

569494[/snapback]

Amen. :blink:

Sure. So I guess getting a proven winner was the ticket for Dallas and Kansas City. Just like it was for Miami when they got JJ.

There is no one formula for success. Sticking with a 'proven' winner doesn't necessarily buy you anything. Going with a 'hot' coordinator, obviously, doesn't either.

569978[/snapback]

I didn't mean to be a prick before, it's just that the Bellicheck thing has been posted thousands of times, and nyghetwhatever was correct that he was the exception. For every BB there is Pete Carroll, Rich Kotite, and Dom Capers all sucked in both stints.

Parcells is a horrible example having gone 10-6 two out of three years after three straight 5-11 seasons by Dallas before he got there.

KC was also terrible before Vermeil's arrival and not many teams have won more games over the course of the last three years.

I didn't mean to be a prick before, it's just that the Bellicheck thing has been posted thousands of times, and nyghetwhatever was correct that he was the exception.  For every BB there is Pete Carroll, Rich Kotite, and Dom Capers all sucked in both stints. 

Parcells is a horrible example having gone 10-6 two out of three years after three straight 5-11 seasons by Dallas before he got there. 

KC was also terrible before Vermeil's arrival and not many teams have won more games over the course of the last three years.

570046[/snapback]

No problemo. And those may be bad examples, but let's face it. Dallas and KC didn't make the playoffs this year, and neither has won any Super Bowls with their "winners". Sure they're playing decent football, but that's the bottom line isn't it? After all, this is a thread about how Dungy may not stick around Indy very long because he can't win the big one. Who cares, they're playing good football, right?

How many here would give their left testicle to have Parcells, Vermeil, or Jimmuh coaching this team? Has that worked for Dallas or KC (or did it work for Miami)?