Haslett or Sherman?

Peace Frog

Haslett or Sherman as Bills' HC?  

131 members have voted

1. 1. Haslett or Sherman as Bills' HC?

• Jim Haslett
    • Mike Sherman

I just listened to Mike Sherman's media interview conducted Friday with the Saints media after his interview.

Sherman Interview

And read his Packers bio..

Mike Sherman Bio

This guy got a raw deal in getting dismissed in Green Bay....I think Ted Thompson the GM was trying to save his own arse...

Peace Frog, this is a good poll...if Ralph is willing to spend the money, these are the two guys on which I would focus..

Haslett because of his passion for Buffalo and the difficulty of judging anyone's ability on a Tom Benson owned circus...

Sherman just because I think he is a hell of a coach. The only flaws are this year (but a ton of injuries) and that his teams start slow...his teams have done well in the division, on the road and against other winning teams. His background, family and body of experience make him a great fit for the Bills..dare I say it--his background and outlook are a lot like Marv's without the Harvard graduate degree. I think the two of them would work exceedingly well together...

I don't think Sherman is that enthused about the NO job. Sean Payton sounded much more into it (interview is linked at the Saints site)...

I just listened to Mike Sherman's media interview conducted Friday with the Saints media after his interview.

Sherman Interview

And read his Packers bio..

Mike Sherman Bio

This guy got a raw deal in getting dismissed in Green Bay....I think Ted Thompson the GM was trying to save his own arse...

Peace Frog, this is a good poll...if Ralph is willing to spend the money, these are the two guys on which I would focus..

Haslett because of his passion for Buffalo and the difficulty of judging anyone's ability on  a Tom Benson owned circus...

Sherman just because I think he is a hell of a coach.  The only flaws are this year (but a ton of injuries) and that his teams start slow...his teams have done well in the division, on the road and against other winning teams.  His background, family and body of experience make him a great fit for the Bills..dare I say it--his background and outlook are a lot like Marv's without the Harvard graduate degree.  I think the two of them would work exceedingly well together...

I don't think Sherman is that enthused about the NO job.  Sean Payton sounded much more into it (interview is linked at the Saints site)...

569036[/snapback]

I agree with you for a lot of these reasons.

The other is because that when I watched the Packers play the past 4 years, they were always sound fundamentally and also seemed to have a good gameplan.

How was Ted Thompson trying to save his own ass.  Isn't this the end of his 1st year on the job?  When was the last time a GM got fired after one year. 

The beginning of the end for Sherman was when he was stripped of the GM duties.

569529[/snapback]

I agree Sherman was on a short leash...but look at some of the fan comments on Thompson Thompson..

This is a team that fired a coach in recent history after one year on the job...

did anyone hear that Sherman was hated by his assistant coaches? That he surrounded himself with "yes men" and they could not disagree or have their own opinion. I have no idea if this is true but I know I heard it somewhere. Sorry no link but I know it was stated on tv or a radio show. Could be all bs but I thought it was interesting.

Haslett bleeds buffalo blue. He has stated many times this is his dream job. He would run through a wall to win a game but the question is will his players do the same for him. Haslett is a throwback to when players would die for their team and things are very different now. Players take themselves out of games etc.

I think Sherman is a better choice but will the fans accept him knowing that we have a chance to bring in Haslett.

did anyone hear that Sherman was hated by his assistant coaches? That he surrounded himself with "yes men" and they could not disagree or have their own opinion. I have no idea if this is true but I know I heard it somewhere. Sorry no link but I know it was stated on tv or a radio show. Could be all bs but I thought it was interesting.

Haslett bleeds buffalo blue. He has stated many times this is his dream job. He would run through a wall to win a game but the question is will his players do the same for him. Haslett is a throwback to when players would die for their team and things are very different now. Players take themselves out of games etc.

I think Sherman is a better choice but will the fans accept him knowing that we have a chance to bring in Haslett.

569731[/snapback]

he bleeds buffalo blue??

fact is, i dont care if he thinks this is a great job. he is NOT a good head coach. he had all the tallent in the world for the past several seasons... and kept managing to choke his way out of a playoff spot.

he bleeds buffalo blue??

fact is, i dont care if he thinks this is a great job. he is NOT a good head coach. he had all the tallent in the world for the past several seasons... and kept managing to choke his way out of a playoff spot.

569800[/snapback]

all the talents in the world? Other than Horn who was hurt most of the year, an inconsistant Stallworth, Antowain Smith who has bounced around the league and Aaron Brooks can you name any other players on that team. He has hardly had the tools in place to win even with the high draft picks they have had over the years. I believe Haslett IS a good coach and it is evident with the interviews he has or will have for the 7 remaining coaching positions. It was also evident this past year where the Saints did not have a home a game yet he split with the Panthers and lost by 3 the the bears -two playoff teams.

There were also some very bad losses. But for a team to play every game on the road after the city they live and play in was under water cant be ignored.

Haslett might be the greatest coach in the world but he could be the perfect fit for the Bills. He wants to be here, he has 6 years of head coaching experience and if he brings in the right OC & DC the Bills could turn around the mess they have been in for the past 5 years.

What are your other qualifications---outside of cowbell?

569803[/snapback]

Well, the cowbell is really all you need.

But I also have an extensive list of possible assistant coaches on my laptop

My Gameplan:

Phase I: Steal Underpants

Phase II: ???

Phase III: Super Bowl

is far more extensive and thought out than anything Mularkey ever put together

I have an ugly sweater AND I'll even wear a headset